Too easy to roll?

Do the first mission race with the Honda Civic. I flipped that car a few times.

Do you mean the first mission race, or the first mission race that involves a Civic? Or maybe they're the same thing.

I haven't done many of the mission races yet, but I know I've done the first few and I don't recall flipping anything.

Mind you, I suppose my non-GT game/sim racing largely revolves around F1 type things, where taking on anything but the flattest of exit kerbs is generally a bad idea. So I guess I'm somewhat used to staying on the black stuff. And the last GT I guess I really played a lot of was GT3 years ago, so I'm not used to being able to drive a certain way from GT5 or anything.

DNW
Do you mean the first mission race, or the first mission race that involves a Civic? Or maybe they're the same thing.

I haven't done many of the mission races yet, but I know I've done the first few and I don't recall flipping anything.

Mind you, I suppose my non-GT game/sim racing largely revolves around F1 type things, where taking on anything but the flattest of exit kerbs is generally a bad idea. So I guess I'm somewhat used to staying on the black stuff. And the last GT I guess I really played a lot of was GT3 years ago, so I'm not used to being able to drive a certain way from GT5 or anything.
I'm not sure. I think the first mission race was a Civic. It was on Trail Mountain.

I always use the curbs and try and cut the corners as much as possible :lol: probably why I flipped a few cars.

I honestly don't know how you people roll so easily. I rolled only once in GT5, and so far I've rolled once in GT6. As I mentioned in another thread, the exact same turn at the same track. Madrid Mini Reverse, turn #4. The few times when I've almost done it on purpose, it still was impossible to roll the car.

Maybe is it because of my driving style, tire selection or the fact that I leave the stock suspension in most of my cars? The few instances that I've changed the suspension in some cars, it's nothing better than the Soft Sport Suspension. As for tires, I haven't used anything better than Sport Hards. Only my FXX and Viper ACR have Sport Softs.

I have only rolled once also. It was on that last turn of trial mn't. I find it quite hard to roll actually ( on earth at least lol )

I'm not sure. I think the first mission race was a Civic. It was on Trail Mountain.

I always use the curbs and try and cut the corners as much as possible :lol: probably why I flipped a few cars.

Well, that probably has something to do with it then. :lol:

I've watched a few replays of other drivers, and they're bashing curbs as they try to straighten the corner as much as possible to carry more speed through, or get the inside wheel off the track to use the back of the kerb to guide it around, or just generally spending half the lap with half the car not even on the road. Sure, the idea is to use the full width of the track and to generally take the straightest line through everything. But doing this kind of stuff is risk management. It might work, you might go wide and off the track, you might spin... or you might end up on your roof. If you just need to nail it once out of however many attempts you want to put in for a seasonal, then yeah, it doesn't matter how many times you get it wrong as long as you get it right that one time. If it's a quick sprint race where you've basically gotta whack in a few quali style all-out laps, yeah you'd maybe take a bit more risk. If you've got an hour of racing to get through though, you'd probably want to turn it down a couple of notches.

Latest Posts

Back