Too easy to roll?

Only the moon buggy for me and even then I silvered one and nearly the first one aswell.
I rolled that moon buggy 4 times on my first attempt and still was only a couple tens shy of gold. Rolled it 3 times on the next attempt and got gold, went back a third time and did not roll it and had lots of time to spare at the end.

I rolled that moon buggy 4 times on my first attempt and still was only a couple tens shy of gold. Rolled it 3 times on the next attempt and got gold, went back a third time and did not roll it and had lots of time to spare at the end.
I'm just happy I passed the three of them.:)

Its not hard at all to roll a car, as some people make it seem. I did it somehow in GT5, using a RX-7 Bathurst on Cape Ring, which was my second car and there were many more dangerous rolls after that. Forza 3 was the worst about it, I have had some of the most violent crashes I have ever seen, mainly in Maple Valley. I don't mind the new physics making rolling a car easier in GT6 though.

Leaf spring suspension doing what it does best at those speeds.
Jesus that video is insane. Just when i thought it couldn't get any more insane i see a convertible beetle with a full load of passengers almost tipping over and creating some ketchup. That corner must hold the world record for 'world's most badly judged corner"

I'm loving GT6 so far but i've rolled 3 different cars already. I've just rolled my brand new Nissan GT-R on Trial Mountain on the corner just before the monkey on the tree! Something not right about that.
Atleast you entertained the monkey...

Its not hard at all to roll a car, as some people make it seem. I did it somehow in GT5, using a RX-7 Bathurst on Cape Ring, which was my second car and there were many more dangerous rolls after that. Forza 3 was the worst about it, I have had some of the most violent crashes I have ever seen, mainly in Maple Valley. I don't mind the new physics making rolling a car easier in GT6 though.

Yeah Maple Valley was notorious for that as of Forza 3. the S turns at the top of the hill if you hit the rumble on the right side while turning right most cars would roll. You could tune them to where this rarely happened but never found a way to stop it completely.

So far I do not see any indication that cars are more prone to roll on GT6 than on GT5 but given the new physics I would think in some instances they probably are and perhaps less likely in other cases. You would think that the X1 would be near impossible to roll but I have rolled it on the curb at Nurburgring in GT5

dang it if they patch the rolling out I'm going to be so mad!! :grumpy: I know there is something kind of wonky going on with the physics/gravity in the game.. but the fact I've rolled my car and gotten my car up on two wheels is just so awesome. The car always felt too grounded in the older GT games & there was that weird physics limit where the car would only turn so much before hitting an invisible barrier and not turn over anymore. Now the car is free to actually turn completely over which in my mind is a big step in the right direction! :)

dang it if they patch the rolling out I'm going to be so mad!! :grumpy: I know there is something kind of wonky going on with the physics/gravity in the game.. but the fact I've rolled my car and gotten my car up on two wheels is just so awesome. The car always felt too grounded in the older GT games & there was that weird physics limit where the car would only turn so much before hitting an invisible barrier and not turn over anymore. Now the car is free to actually turn completely over which in my mind is a big step in the right direction! :)
A lot of people do not think of the next 5-feet in front of them could be their last. It is good to see this as some of the lesser experienced drivers online when racing with thoroughbreds will tend to move away before having the whole room against you. It's nice to see that Olymipc acrobatics are now competitions basically, but for the most part it makes you think "Go wide and slow down? Or floor it over the kern and risk destroying the 15 car pack behind me..?"

The rolling is pretty weird in GT6. On cars that I expect would roll easily I never see it happen but with cars I would never expect to roll it always catches me off guard.

I almost rolled this Megane Trophy after going off track and hitting a kerb, it was very close but managed to save it.

Ascarivolledigcircuit_6_zps3ed747f1.jpg

Then I managed to roll the Chapparral 2D after hitting the kerb.

SilverstoneGrandPrixCircuit3_zps17e443c8.jpg

It indeed seems too easy to roll certain cars. Getting on 2 wheels after hitting a kerb is perfectly normal but somehow it always turns into a roll very quickly instead of the weight of the car pushing it down on the track again.

Not really a normal roll, since I purposely jumped off into the invisible wall, but nevertheless I think this shows well how GT6 handles it.

Not really a normal roll, since I purposely jumped off into the invisible wall, but nevertheless I think this shows well how GT6 handles it.

Putting the invisible wall aside that looks like a real rollover, imagine if they had a damage model where the car crumbled and parts were flying off as it rolled that would be so cool! (Well cool in the videogame world, not so cool if it were real)

The one thing that kind of kills it is the cars seem to be weightless when they leave the ground in GT? Hard to explain, it's like the car has no weight or at least behaves like it is way lighter than it should be

It's normal ? approximately 160 km/h

That is pretty good by my standards of a roll-over.

questions:
  1. is this your video?
  2. Did you turn after the right side left contact and you knew ohh 🤬 it's happening to the right or did you try to drop the car back down by turning left?
I feel as if you try to turn left after the car lifted, you would go head first into the wall... because that is probably the hardest turn in GT to get correct going balls to the wall

I just did a race on Mt. Panorama and rolled my Fit 4 times in one race, each in a different part of the track just going over a curb. It's ridiculously stupid.

Never rolled, only thing i did was put my Brera on 2 wheels on the Nürb after hitting a kerb.

... also, race cars go on 2 wheels or flip over :lol:

Rolled many times Chaparral 2D. In a Willow Spring i've made full roll and continued to race. This is insane!
Also rolled Jaguar XJ13 many times. All rolls have been made by simple turns! No any kerbs were used.
It's simply wrong and too exaggerated. These 2 cars are sports cars with low center of mass. XJ13 has wide base as well. It's impossible to roll such cars by just turn in real life.

I've rolled my Diablo GT on Matterhorn (one with the steep uphill section that turns flat, so easy to get air if you don't know what's coming) and my 288 GTO on Willow Springs on the exit of the first long U turn. Other than that, the Moon Rover but I'm not sure about anything else. Maybe 1-2 more cars max but I can't remember.

I haven't rolled a single car yet (except from the lunar rover and some crazy offroad stunts in my Toyota RSC). Been up on two wheels once after cutting the curbs at Autumn Ring, but that's about it.

Are you guys slamming your cars? As in lowering the suspension? I'm up to S license and have not rolled a car once, I just did a race with a Nismo GT3 on r246, on all 5 laps I clipped the kerb before the downhill S, didn't even go on two wheels once. I have a sneaking suspicion that everyone is slamming the suspension and tightening up the spring rate. I try to maintain an even balance between ride height and spring rate, constantly adjusting for tracks that are more bumpy/higher kerbs. A tricky one is cape ring, the track is essentially flat so you can run a low ride height, but there are quite a few steep kerbs, so balance here is key, stay off the kerbs if you're running bottomed out ride height and stiff suspension.

Yeah, aside from the lunar buggy and maybe some kind of Matterhorn lunacy, I've not rolled a car once yet. :confused:

Latest Posts

Back