Too easy to roll?

I rolled my modded Mini Cooper 2005 R53 at the Nürburgring Armeburg section, I think I was doing 160 plus when I got sideways then launched into possibly the most violent video game roll but hilarious accident I ever witnessed.

CapeRing-Priphrie_1.jpg

This picture puts a big smile on my face.

I've rolled a couple of times in GT5. Usually at turn 2 on the Tokyo track. I've also rolled a couple of times in GT6. Seems much easier in GT6 but it doesn't bother me at all. I like a good roll every once in a while.

I'm yet to roll, but being a motorcyclist I seem to turn every car into a Bike for a few seconds going over Mt Panarama. Had an extra random one in an GTR35 where I had to brake at a random time (coming down a crest; I know, though shalt not brake whilst turning AND going downhill) but I was avoiding a collision. Can't say if it was realistic but she just went up on two wheels without the aid of any curbing, kept it planted of course and still overtook the guy I was racing :D

Mine won't allow a complete roll in ANY car. I've done it just driving the LCC rocket while turning. However I get halfway into a roll and my car gets reset.

To me this video is a very strong case for people who say something is wrong with the game engine. Look at how the car first hits the curb. Nothing too dramatic. Then for some reason instead of the weight just putting the car back on the ground it almost seems like gravity is reversed and the 'weight' is pulling the car up.
It seems like the action is right…. it is just in the wrong direction. It looks extremely odd and unrealistic.

I'm loving GT6 so far but i've rolled 3 different cars already. I've just rolled my brand new Nissan GT-R on Trial Mountain on the corner just before the monkey on the tree! Something not right about that.
I've only ever rolled once and that was from driving over a kerb. Has anyone barrel rolled online yet?

Rolled my Subaru Impreza (all stock) in the last corner of Trial Mountain in the last lap. :dunce:

Still got the win with a gap of 13 secs. :D

Last edited:
...after a few rolls, the credits will come due for Body Rigidity Restoration. :scared:

...be advised, the pain will be less, the cheaper the car... :D

I can hear the micro-transactions' engine revving... :sly:

It's those booster kerbs. Hit one and it just throws you off the track or onto your roof! I rolled about two times due to them. Never rolled in any previous GT games.

I've still only rolled one car and that was from running up on the hill before the finish line at trial mountain but I did do a back flip in a shifter kart at Willow today ;)

I rolled several times on GT5 at Nurburgring and more times than I can count at Maple Valley on Forza 3 and 4

Was getting a wheelie in the RX7 LM at Deep Forest in 2 places ;)

Rolled the Lunar Rover (Titanium Tread Blocks should have gripped the regolith, But I drive that thing like a Luna-tic)

Rolled the rocket at the end of Conrod, amazed when that happened but the replay was realistic, Too fast got the curb perfectly on the edge, left side went ballistic. Ended up on the beach, but the tide was out.

I remember early GT games and you were limited to how much you could get the wheels off the grey bit. Wonder if a wheel vs wheel contact in Formula GT cars will create a launch vehicle?

That's how my R18 behaves. That thing doesn't flip but it can do a little two wheel action.

GT6: The Roll Driving Simulator. :P

Aside from the lunar rover, I've only rolled my R33 once on Trial Mountain.

^^^
Instead of the whole car rolling, they should make the car do that
They do, I have hit the curb with several cars causing one side to come up a little, haven't even came close to rolling one under this condition as of yet. Then again I have a pretty good idea which curbs are safe to hit and which are not. There are a few that would indeed roll a car if you hit them fast especially while turning into it.

BIG AIR, real-life CLR flip @ Le Mans 1999:

CLR.jpg

OT Side note:

The BMW V12 on the right has a much better dash/interior than GT5...
...almost premium-like in GT6.

Last edited:

This has been the only reason that would force a rollover in any of the cars I've driven. I'd nick the inside curb that would send me two wheelin' or barrel rolling down the track on tires such as Sport Hards.

I've rolled My AMG VGT @ High Speed Ring this weekend.
Apparently, hitting the wall @360km/h+ isnt such a great idea! 💡

Back