Top Gear USATV 

• Thread starter Chaz_
  • 125 comments
Car reviews maybe, but when they do the news and challenges, chemistry is not there yet.

TGUK peaked in the 11-12th season IMO.

....Didn't want to open another thread for just a simple rant so I shall unload here:

I just had.... come across the first episode of the new Top Gear USA America and oh boy, what the hell.... 39 minutes long?! Seriously? Why so short? It felt incredibly rushed and haphazard. And the cars it featured were old news - an Acura NSX, a Ford Raptor - they've been out and about for how long now?!

While it was nice to see Tom Ford back in the telly presenting a car programme again, I'm not quite sure about the other guy. No, not William Fichtner but the other guy, the supposedly race car driver. Man, he could do with spending slightly more time in a TV presenters school.

I won't be able to see the second episode airing today until much later in the week but already, it's looking pretty rough. Ford surmised it the best when he shouted out he'd rather be in the UK Top Gear during one of the segments. Premature, but at the moment, he's got every right to feel that way at least judging by the strength of this episode...

....Didn't want to open another thread for just a simple rant so I shall unload here:

I just had.... come across the first episode of the new Top Gear USA America and oh boy, what the hell.... 39 minutes long?! Seriously? Why so short? It felt incredibly rushed and haphazard. And the cars it featured were old news - an Acura NSX, a Ford Raptor - they've been out and about for how long now?!

While it was nice to see Tom Ford back in the telly presenting a car programme again, I'm not quite sure about the other guy. No, not William Fichtner but the other guy, the supposedly race car driver. Man, he could do with spending slightly more time in a TV presenters school.

I won't be able to see the second episode airing today until much later in the week but already, it's looking pretty rough. Ford surmised it the best when he shouted out he'd rather be in the UK Top Gear during one of the segments. Premature, but at the moment, he's got every right to feel that way at least judging by the strength of this episode...
Well he's not "supposedly" a race car driver, he's actually a race car driver. He races top fuel dragsters.

Well he's not "supposedly" a race car driver, he's actually a race car driver. He races top fuel dragsters.

...Oh, he does? Didn't know. So, uh, how is he going to handle the corners, then, if he's only a pro at going in a straight line?

Just kidding.

Glad this was brought up. Rather surprised no one really talked about this new show. If you can call it that.

First of all, it is such a shame that they got rid of Top Gear USA. I'm sure plenty of people thought Rutledge, Tanner, and Adam finally got some chemistry and made enjoyable.

I enjoyed Tom Ford on Fifth Gear, but now Top Gear America has to play him as an annoyingly arrogant British presenter on an American show. So the jokes are pretty cringy. The other two presenters giving him "awkward" looks when he talks about British things he thinks is cool. Feels like they're trying to make him seem really uncool just because he's not American.

I'd like to give them a chance, since Top Gear USA went the same way from the start, but improved over time.

Edit: Just watched the third episode. Editing is...not great. Especially during the segment with Magnus Walker. Sounds like a kid did the editing with cars revving and tire squeals while Magnus was talking.

Segments and reviews are short and not focused. They introduce a segment about a Huracan Spyder, but out of no where start talking about camera cars. (In episode 2) They talked about camping, but barely even showed it.

Last edited:
Back