Top Gear USATV 

• Thread starter Chaz_
  • 125 comments
xCh4rL13x
Top Gear USA, it's on right now and it's the 2nd episode for the series. I read some people were disappointed with the first episode and won't be watching. So, who is watching this week? I am :)

Until they get some hosts that are alive, I'll continue to watch the original only. I DVR the US version and watch only if I'm interested in a particular car.

This may just be the most GT5-related thread in the GT5 forum. Good job 👍

In all seriousness though, I rather enjoyed the first episode. A bit clicky here and there, but in a way that shows me that the hosts will be much more comfortable after a few episodes.

I will be watching it. I am not a fan of two of the choices of hosts. They're not very funny, nor witty like the Brits. Seems a bit bland.

Also, annoys me that they have to use reasonably priced car. Why can't they have fun and go their own way. Do it with a sports car instead. Not something super fast, just something not.... boring? Only thing I hate about Top Gear in Britain is the boring 20 minute RPC segment. Thank god it's shorter in the US version so far, but still, so boring.

Until they get some hosts that are alive, I'll continue to watch the original only. I DVR the US version and watch only if I'm interested in a particular car.

I think the hosts are getting better. Rutledge not my favorite but the other two are okay. Foust just did a drift challenge Down a mountain which was pretty cool. I'm starting to enjoy the show.

Btw sorry for the post a the wrong section lol, I'm new :P

The first ep was okay. Definitely better than the Australian Top Gear which is unwatchable IMO. The US version is a good fill-in until the original returns.

Was debating whether to go to bed or stay up and watch. Here I am laying in my bed now. Too painful to watch.

of course they're copying the Brit show. So what? Most Americans have no idea the Brit version even exists.

The Aston V12 is so awesome.

Yes we know it's all copied, that's one issue. Just like the first episode, the helicopter chase was copied. Get over it, it's obvious they want to do things people liked to make the show a success. Original stuff might happen all the time if it's greeted well.

so because they don't know the british version exists means they are allowed to get away with laziness and rewarming old ideas? that's horsecrap, honestly. the cast seems to be getting JUST A HAIR more natural, though. although the writing is still awful, it doesn't feel as scripted.

I'm glad to finally see Top Gear on the video box in the USA. History is really kicking it up with all of these shows they have had on since last year with American Pickers, Pawn Stars, IRT Deadliest Roads, American Restoration, and now Top Gear to top it all up so far.

who the heck was the guest driver? No idea who that guy was. I wish they'd let me drive around that test track lol.

Just watch Top Gear on Netflix and on BBC America. It's much better. There's only four series on Netflix though, unfortunately, and you don't get episodes until well after it airs.

I prefer the UK version over the US version. But...the US version has some pretty good characters, they're a good mix of hosts.

But I can't help to think that the UK guys are laughing their "arses" off at the excuse for a car show that takes their name.

Either way, yes, I will be watching it...tomorrow. Colts are on, and DVR will take care of it. :)

I will be watching every week and give it a chance. For those of you that have followed Top Gear UK the first few seasons were pretty terrible. I took a while for Jeremy, Richard and James to get that awesome chemistry that makes the UK show what it is.

I hope the US show takes off because it just means more cars!

there is NO way that blind dude did that handbrake 180...

and the 2 dudes besides Tanner are worse drivers than me. Why are they even on the show?

Latest Posts

Back