Top Gear USATV 

• Thread starter Chaz_
  • 125 comments
I'd still rather watch TG UK, but I think the TG USA crew did the right thing by just turning it into a challenges + watch-Tanner-drive-really-fast show.

Adam is the least favorite presenter for me,Tanner isn't that funny but his great driving makes for a spectacle ,Rut is hilarious plus always has an interesting choice in the challenges.

Sorry for the bump but does anyone know the number of the episode which Tanner laped the ring in a raptor?

Sorry for the bump but does anyone know the number of the episode which Tanner laped the ring in a raptor?

It wasn't for Top Gear. It was for a promo for Ford, you can see parts of it on their YouTube page.

So....Jeep SRT8 vs. Land Rover Range Rover vs. Cadillac Escalade ESV Lingenfelter. Which do you think would win? Yup. the Land Rover. And really, the only reason why the Escalade came in second is 'cause Rutledge doesn't know how to drive. And the only reason the Land Rover didn't win the other challenges is 'cause Tanner Foust.

The Valley of DOOM!!!

So....Jeep SRT8 vs. Land Rover Range Rover vs. Cadillac Escalade ESV Lingenfelter. Which do you think would win? Yup. the Land Rover. And really, the only reason why the Escalade came in second is 'cause Rutledge doesn't know how to drive. And the only reason the Land Rover didn't win the other challenges is 'cause Tanner Foust.

Rut was in the Jeep, Adam was in the Tank, err Caddy.

The Valley of DOOM!!!

Rut was in the Jeep, Adam was in the Tank, err Caddy.

Yes. I was trying to say that the Jeep should've beaten the Caddy 'cause Caddy's aren't offroad vehicles. And if Rutt knew how to drive an SUV, he might've even gotten first since the Jeep was the lightest vehicle there.

The script mimicking is getting much worse. Why should I watch Top Gear USA when all they do are the same basic challenges UK has done with many of the same lines and scripts that UK had? Very unimpressive execution. It seems like they're just recycling Top Gear UK ideas and scripts in hope that most American viewers won't know the difference.

^Yep. I watched all of the first and second season (we just got done with the third season, right?) but I only watched a couple episodes of this last season before I couldn't be bothered to watch the rest.

XS
The script mimicking is getting much worse. Why should I watch Top Gear USA when all they do are the same basic challenges UK has done with many of the same lines and scripts that UK had? Very unimpressive execution. It seems like they're just recycling Top Gear UK ideas and scripts in hope that most American viewers won't know the difference.

Because most people in the US haven't seen the UK version. We only got the UK version on BBC America a couple years ago and even then most people probably don't have BBC America through their TV provider.

I just found out that Rutledge is the youngest host of the three. He's 7 years younger than Tanner and 14 years younger than Adam.

1620742673_532dd66d_mind_blown_xlarge.jpeg

I don't know why, but I always sorta figured he was. I guess just in the way he behaves on the show suggested he was younger, to me.

I thought he was older, judging by the many times he mentions having a wife and kids throughout the series, I thought he was atleast older than Tanner.

Ah, a Top Gear US page.
Well, I actually like the show quite a bit. I mean, it didn't seem that interesting to watch at first (other than the car reviews), but the show overtime become more and more entertaining to watch.

Interesting that they had the mid-life crisis episode the year Tanner turned 40. Did not realize that Rut was the youngest at 33.

EDIT: And they're all spaced equally apart. Adam is 7 years older than tanner who is 7 years older than Rut.

EDIT2: The Trucks episode proved that the Ram is unsafe. It was the only one that stopped further than the stand-in and Adam separated his shoulder driving it.

Last edited:
Is this the only TG US thread, really?

Just watched s04e08 and wanted to make a couple comments... the one where the three take a Saleen S7 a Rosion and whatever the open top car was and see if America can make a supercar...

first comment, towards the end when Tanner is road racing the SLS Black, assuming he's got a closed road, why does he seem to stay in the right lane the whole time?

second, especially at the end when Tanner is like, come on America, supercar already, Chevy, Ford, Dodge... I want to scream at him, freaking Viper you idiot! If you don't think the base model is super, grab an ACR or TA. I personally at least think of it as America's one and only supercar (Ford GT, too, but not in production, so...)

Just watched episode 1 & 2 of season 5. Honestly they're getting way to much hate. Yea I'd rather watch TGUK but the USA boys are finding their chemistry and I actually look forward to the upcoming episodes. I mean look at TGUK in their 5th season, almost painful to watch...

Just watched episode 1 & 2 of season 5. Honestly they're getting way to much hate. Yea I'd rather watch TGUK but the USA boys are finding their chemistry and I actually look forward to the upcoming episodes. I mean look at TGUK in their 5th season, almost painful to watch...

TGUK 5th season is EPIC!!! Maybe their peak, even. Not sure which TGUK you're watching...

Latest Posts

Back