Top Speed of GT5 Cars SSR7

• Thread starter Corpsey
  • 324 comments
I run from the line, anything else i considered cheating. I've gotten 301.8 from the line with my veyron, can definitely break 302 from the line with more tuning.

I'd like to see that. I really don't see how you see it as being cheating. The straight simply isn't long enough.
The spirit of this thread is to get as high of a speed as possible.

I'd like to see that. I really don't see how you see it as being cheating. The straight simply isn't long enough.
The spirit of this thread is to get as high of a speed as possible.

And using the start line makes everyone doing so on the same playing field. 10 Kilometers seems a fair distance. I'll be posting my times from there only.:sly:
Real land speed records are set on a measured distance with a limited run up as well

And using the start line makes everyone doing so on the same playing field. 10 Kilometers seems a fair distance. I'll be posting my times from there only.:sly:
Real land speed records are set on a measured distance with a limited run up as well

I'm not doing something that isn't available to everyone else. It's like going on SSR7 and saying, You can only do it from the start of the tunnel. Like, Why? I've got all this road, Why not use it?

Ugabagaz and front runner, you are both correct. The spirit of the thread is to go as fast as possible, anything goes. I never go backwards myself but I find nothing wrong with the people that do. If it is allowed I the game, it is fair to everyone to do it. I think a list should be made of the fastest speeds glitching/going backwards on the track and those that are from the start line.

What I'm using ...

Veyron with 1256 hp 1424 kg 694 pp
Suspension settings
Ride height 40 , -25
Springs 7.5 , 20
Damps ext. 1 , 10
comp 1 , 10
Bars 1 , 1

Trans
7th gear .780
Final 2.214

That's after 2 runs at 1256 hp There is more speed to be tweaked out of it.

Ugabagaz and front runner, you are both correct. The spirit of the thread is to go as fast as possible, anything goes. I never go backwards myself but I find nothing wrong with the people that do. If it is allowed I the game, it is fair to everyone to do it. I think a list should be made of the fastest speeds glitching/going backwards on the track and those that are from the start line.

it should be noted as such on the post of the speed otherwise if not cheating it is deceptive at best.

ugabugaz
Drove backwards into the banking, then came back around at speed. The straight simply isn't long enough.

Ok I got 301.8 from the start line so 302 is entirely possibly with my setup.
Oh and unless I find out more about that 331.9mph run I'm completely discarding it. It doesn't seem quite right.

Ok I got 301.8 from the start line so 302 is entirely possibly with my setup.
Oh and unless I find out more about that 331.9mph run I'm completely discarding it. It doesn't seem quite right.

I've got a few more tricks up my sleeve..302's not gonna last for long.

Just tried the F2007 for that extra special wheelie effect. It works, and it's soo damn satisfying. At about 180-200 the front wheels lift and they stay lifted till around 240 MPH. Easily a good 30-40 seconds of pure liftage...

AWESOME! TRY IT!
Min Downforce in front, Max in Rear
Happy times

Works both Offline and Online (tested in my Lounge)

Some images for extra kick.
IfBD3l.jpg

6nwnel.jpg

JQPz2l.jpg

kPLzTl.jpg

what is the setup for x1 online?

Man Turismo
My Veyron best is 296.5 MPH... I wanted 300. :(

I'm in the Same ball park, I hit 297.5 and at 297 the wheels came off the ground and I hit the wall, except once when I was on the left and just barely missed hitting the wall drifting right

I'm at 372 on the top speed for the trans and totally stiff suspension on the ground

I'm in the Same ball park, I hit 297.5 and at 297 the wheels came off the ground and I hit the wall, except once when I was on the left and just barely missed hitting the wall drifting right

I'm at 372 on the top speed for the trans and totally stiff suspension on the ground

Try making the suspension as soft as possible, thats what i do and i make higher top speeds.

Yesterday on Route X I went over 600km/h in X2011, while drafting AI X2011s. ;) When you go over 600km/h, the engine sound disappears.

JKcreativeworks
Try making the suspension as soft as possible, thats what i do and i make higher top speeds.

I tried that to begin with and I gained I think 3 MPH with the hard suspension, but I'll check again

I tried that to begin with and I gained I think 3 MPH with the hard suspension, but I'll check again
What I'm using ...

Veyron with 1256 hp 1424 kg 694 pp
Suspension settings
Ride height 40 , -25
Springs 7.5 , 20
Damps ext. 1 , 10
comp 1 , 10
Bars 1 , 1

Trans
7th gear .780
Final 2.214

301.7 right there. more to be had but I've not spent much time on it since getting the hp up to 1256

0.0 for camber + toe.

What's the point of putting front suspension that high, specially if you want to gain top speed??

GT5 is odd like that. GT5 likes it when you do that and thus rewards you with more speed. So if you like more speed, You lift that front sky high.

What's the point of putting front suspension that high, specially if you want to gain top speed??

Simple answer it works.

Long answer. It works in the game. Real world maybe not but that has 0 value in the game. I'm not searching for real world solutions just what works in the game. Not trying to overthink it or apply any real world physics!

Gladly willing to try out any suggestions for more speed.👍

My goal is to put what works out there for everyone to use.:) Not gonna hold out anything I find. All speeds I post will be from the start line to the finish line. and should be easily reproduced by anyone. ;)

themartlab

themartlab
But that's illogic.

The reason for this is actually very logical. Raising the front doesn't have nearly as much effect as dropping the back end does, which works both in real life as well as the game. What it does is gets the spoiler out of the air therefore creating less drag. The game however also perceives that when the car creates lift( by raising the front end and letting air get under the car) drag is reduced and also increases top speed which may also have a positive effect in real life, but is dangerous because losing control from front end lift at 250 mph+ is deadly 100% of the time.

Cars without rear spoilers act differently. I tested a Buick Special with both nose up / tail down and then nose down / tail up and got the same speeds at the end of both runs. This is a non spoiled car so there was no benefit to getting the tail out of the air :cool:

Back