Top Speed of GT5 Cars SSR7

• Thread starter Corpsey
  • 324 comments
Both ends up turns in the same speed and both down also same speed in mph however both up did show as 1st and both down was 6th on the list. Both ends jacked up seems to be the best so far for the Special. Why test the Flying Brick? Well it is about the least aerodynamic car to work with

What I'm using ...

Veyron with 1256 hp 1424 kg 694 pp
Suspension settings
Ride height 40 , -25
Springs 7.5 , 20
Damps ext. 1 , 10
comp 1 , 10
Bars 1 , 1

Trans
7th gear .780
Final 2.214

0 Toe 0 Camber all along

Added 75 KG front ballast and hit 301.9 from the start line.

frontrunner91
Both ends up turns in the same speed and both down also same speed in mph however both up did show as 1st and both down was 6th on the list. Both ends jacked up seems to be the best so far for the Special. Why test the Flying Brick? Well it is about the least aerodynamic car to work with

Yes cars without wings won't benefit from this at much if at all. It's not a gap in physics as much as them being more complicated than people think:tup:
If you want to see major effects of this try the ACR.

Yes cars without wings won't benefit from this at much if at all. It's not a gap in physics as much as them being more complicated than people think:tup:

That was why I wanted to test that particular car. Big ol lead sled with the aero of a brick.

My spoilerless aventador benefits from front up back down low by about 10 mph.

frontrunner91
Bob is breaking mine in right now while I watch Barrett Jackson for a few hours. I thought the Aventadore had a moving rear wing similar the Bugatti.

It does. You can add a spoiler to the spoiler to change the downforce as well.

It does. You can add a spoiler to the spoiler to change the downforce as well.

Wow!!!!!! Seeing is believing LOL I didn't realize that it would put the added spoiler on top of the pop up spoiler and that it would still pop up like before. LOL That's amazing to look at :dunce:

Check here for post 2.08 SSRX top speeds.

And post there speeds ran on the 10km test , no downhill / "parts" speeds.

Thank you for the update!! I was actually just thinking about the top speed list.

Well this has been completely dead for the past 6 years but I might as well post this here in case it gets at least some response.
Recently I started playing around with the X2011 to see how much speed I could get out of it. After a few hours of testing i managed to hit 526 km/h on SSR7 with a nearly full tank and 528 km/h on a half empty tank, this was done with the final gearing set to reach 540 and with aero set to the lowest possible amount (50 front 50 rear).
If someone actually sees this and wants proof i can send some admittedly low quality photos of these speeds as well as the replay file.
It'd be nice to see this actually get some activity again.

Holy dead thread Batman! I didn’t realize I still got email notifications from GTP! Glad to see someone still having fun with GT5. I just got out GT6 the other day to visit some of the old tracks. God I miss Gran Turismo’s vibe, and some of those original circuits are just irreplaceable in my mind for fun factor. Here’s hoping the next GT game goes back to its roots.

Glad to see someone still having fun with GT5.
I like tinkering with stuff until it breaks, and as far as I know the best way to break a sim is by using something that's already pushing the physics engine.
Here’s hoping the next GT game goes back to its roots.
There's a chance it will, based on how GT Sport's name doesn't follow the numeric system the rest of the main series has followed. Personally I see it as PD's attempt at making an esport-ready competitive racing game, which would explain the heavy emphasis on online racing and harsh penalties.

I hope that's the case with GT sport.. If you take GT5 and GT6 combined and start over its actually many things to do and to enjoy the games maybe even better opposed when online was on.. I started to play again in january 2019 and I can see having fun with those 2 no problem until GT7 comes out. I can actually find 3 annoying things only in this 2 games.. 1)engine sounds 2)rubber band AI 3)not able to get platinum in gt5 without online. Sorry for not helping with Red Bull thing, I think GT5 forum is more or less dead whilst GT6 still have active thread to race offlibe and have fun.

Personally as much as I like GT5 I feel like it's a below average GT game and while I agree with what you pointed out though imo the biggest problems with the game are the amount of standard cars that are a straight up import from a previous game with no touch-ups or improvements, the CLK LM is a good example, it still has the dreadful pixelly headlights it had in the PS2 era. Most standard cars just feel like filler, like a number to brag about in the box. It's still fun as a racing game though.
Sorry for not helping with Red Bull thing
It's okay, I'm surprised this got any kind of answer

Back