--Top speed!--

Xofdam1138
I'm quite a completest and can't move on to something new until I'm completely happy I have found/done everything. My mistake was that when I brought my PlayStation (a very long time ago now), I started on GT1 first, I have over a hundred odd games now for the system, mostly imported RPG's and the like but they sit in dusty boxes in my loft waiting to be played, whilst GT1 is still firmly in my PlayStation :), call me whatever you like, because I know your right but I'm living testimony to the brilliance of the game. And of course so is this website, it really says that GT is a phenomenon. Even now after so much time I still can't stop I need help :scared:

In a nutshell people did not know what they were missing before GT1, that’s why it's so incredible, yes it's sequels have improved upon it greatly, but the revolution GT1 caused in the driving genre is a chapter in gaming history that can never be repeated. It's for this fond memory only why GT1 remains my favourite all-time GT.

OK and on to the topic at hand, just needed to say all that as this is my first and probably last post ;)

I have sometimes spent 30 hours a week just tweaking the gear ratios of a given car plus kept records and journals on the results!

I had my heart in my mouth today when looking back through this thread to see if anyone had topped my top speed. Looks like I did OK :)

I have never used any cheating devices (don't have any) plus this time is for non-slipstreaming, max speed test (on the test course) in one standard lap (no driving backwards at anytime to get corner balancing right speed, have replay to prove it)

421 KPH in my Supra '95 RZ. Using some online search engines for KPH to MPH that’s about 262 MPH :)

For the benefit of TMM who wants details, here we go :)

Gear Ratios 1st:4.400 2nd:2.403 3rd:1.699 4th:1.298 5th:0.860 6th:0.715 Final:2.700

Spring Rate Front:11.8 Rear:5.66

Ride Height Front:85 Rear:85

Damper Front:5 Rear:5

Camber Front:2.0 Rear:1.0

Stabaliser Front:1 Rear:1

Brake Front:5 Rear:8

Down Force Front:0.17 Rear:0.31

Hope everyone has fun with that, in my save it's the 1st car in my garage and has cost me a a whole chuck of my social life :ill:

Right I'm off to make a start on GT2, will post again in about 5-6 years with my results if it hasn’t killed me :crazy:

Take care all

Ok i did 421 in the same car a few years back but it only took 2 hours to get the setup right and i think more could be squeezed out of it coz i didnt know squat about suspension settings i just made it all rock hard. I went backwards for a while first and didn't slipstream

in gran turismo 1 fastest was dodge viper gts with 572 hp and around 220 mph. i kno the skyline is faster but i prefer the rt10 for racing. its tail happy and thats how i race:) gts is good but rt10 i just like better. dunno why

534.47km/h [332.10mi/h] with Nissan r92 @ test course

doh i came here with a search and i didnt realise it was gt1, sorry:dunce:

coldfireTRR
Yeah some old man. Did you use this name over there or another?
Yes, I fell right in love with them! :)

Thanks for all the useful info on Hybrids etc... Those were great times and it really made all GT sereis exciting.

HYBRIDLVR
Yes, I fell right in love with them! :)

Thanks for all the useful info on Hybrids etc... Those were great times and it really made all GT sereis exciting.

They really were great times. I really loved building cars for the GTXR series. Made some great friends (I still talk to some of my drivers from time to time).

I am not sure but I recall in GT1 when traveling at top speed pressing forward on the d-pad gave a boost of speed

I am not sure but I recall in GT1 when traveling at top speed pressing forward on the d-pad gave a boost of speed

No way. You're thinking of GT4/nitrous perhaps? Like if you have it configured so the d-pad/up works as a nitrous bottle?

Latest Posts

Back