Topgear dlc hint maybe?

• Thread starter Casey
  • 94 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremy Clarkson DLC incoming: Seasonal event where you try and anger or discriminate against as many races as possible before the Fiat 500 completes a lap of the Nurburgring.

Gold Trophy: A first class membership to the BNP
Silver Trophy: Major publicity and as a result, 500,000 Cr.
Bronze Trophy: Mastretta MXT

093498.1-lg.jpg

:P

Oh yeah I forgot. This is also what happens when a developer promises SOMETHING and never fulfills it, and due to that, people are going to become very desperate for some more content.

This is just sad what Kaz and PD has made the community become... Bring on the new games that don't lie to the world please.

Sooner or later, we will get the Top Gear Test Track as DLC, it is the only track from GT5 that is missing in GT6.
And if I remember correctly, PD and Top Gear team are friends.

The anti-PD troll brigade has rolled up again, what joy.

You were promised things, you've got some of them, until the game is done and dusted with no support and the rest haven't come, you can't accuse them of lying.

Take it to the appropriate thread... again.

The anti-PD troll brigade has rolled up again, what joy.

You were promised things, you've got some of them, until the game is done and dusted with no support and the rest haven't come, you can't accuse them of lying.

Take it to the appropriate thread... again.
You know, it takes at least two to start a flame war. If you just let some of the comments slide once and a while, the thread won't turn into a warzone and will be back on track. Try that.

You know, it takes at least two to start a flame war. If you just let some of the comments slide once and a while, the thread won't turn into a warzone and will be back on track. Try that.
It opens the doors for more of it. And it's always the same argument, clogging up each thread.

I won't bother anymore TBH. Just keep on topic.

And still, @Spektru, why are you talking as if Top Gear DLC is definitely coming? It's about as likely as Porsche coming because the Sony Facebook paged liked something with a Porsche in the background.

If you just let some of the comments slide once and a while, the thread won't turn into a warzone and will be back on track. Try that.

In my experience, argumentative, know-it-all kids feel entitled to argue/troll/flame because, hey.. They know it all.
Ignoring the fanbois has made these forums a much more enjoyable place....

This. I'm not trolling or anything but I am entitled to say we were over promised stuff that were never fulfilled, such as the DLC every month plan. It's quite annoying that one will assume that every post is either a negative or troll post because to them, it isn't positive or something nice to say...

I like how people are saying I'm desperate for dlc like i said it was 100% comfirmed when I simply shared something that none else said something about what else was I supposed to put...

I like how people are saying I'm desperate for dlc like i said it was 100% comfirmed when I simply shared something that none else said something about what else was I supposed to put...
Were just ragging on you mainly in good fun.
Edit:I'M not were

Last edited:
Were just ragging on you mainly in good fun.

Now, It was a little silly to assume it was a hint without looking back to see if it was just something they did every now and again. But looking at the posts on this thread do you really believe that? It certainly doesn't look like good natured jostling to me...and I doubt the OP feels that way.

Now, It was a little silly to assume it was a hint without looking back to see if it was just something they did every now and again. But looking at the posts on this thread do you really believe that? It certainly doesn't look like good natured jostling to me...and I doubt the OP feels that way.
Ill change my statement to I specifically was just ragging on him then,but that is why I said MAINLY but I'm guessing I only read a couple posts

I doubt that this is a hint at DLC, considering the existence of other quotes.Now this is slightly off-topic, but I think Top Gear hinted at GT6 content pre-release. In the first episode of Season 20, there was a Renault hot hatch being tested, and in the test Jeremy started showing some of the computer features. The display looked kinda PD-ish:

Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 10.41.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 10.43.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 10.40.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 10.43.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 10.41.21 PM.png

And then there was an option to change the internal engine noise to that of another car:

Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 10.42.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 10.42.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 10.42.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 10.42.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 10.44.20 PM.png

Pretty much all of the options (aside from the bike, obviously) were cars available in the game, some new. I also don't think it was a potential preview of updated sounds, it seems like that would've been announced. Nissan was purchased by Renault, and as we know PD helped with portions of the R35 GT-R's development. It would seem they could've have had something to do with this car, though simply had a much smaller, and less significant role in it's development.

I don't think it's something people should try to grasp at. This is more of an interesting tid-bit than a potential hint, really.

*Edit: I've done some extensive research, and I've been unable to find who developed the computer system.

Last edited:
A PD-ish font does not signal DLC.

A random quote overlayed on a random image does not signal DLC.

Things like background cars in trailers, or badges/logos/names in videos. They're more worthy hints.

...And then there was an option to change the internal engine noise to that of another car....

I wouldn't trust PD to ever ever ever make a sound for a car. A review I seen said it made good sounds, so it is confirmed not Polyphony D's working.... or is it?

Edit- Unless PD is trying to make all the real life cars sound like Dysons, so that the game will have 'realistic sounds'.

I wouldn't trust PD to ever ever ever make a sound for a car. A review I seen said it made good sounds, so it is confirmed not Polyphony D's working.... or is it?

Edit- Unless PD is trying to make all the real life cars sound like Dysons, so that the game will have 'realistic sounds'.

See, that's what I thought as well. But the styling looks very similar to theirs... And again, those cars are in GT... It was more the cars than sound that realistically piqued my interest. PD-similar styling, and a GT-R...

I'd dream for awesome sounds, but I'm at a point where I'd need to see it happen before I believe anything.

(sarcasm)PD Says Gran Turismo is 'The Real Driving Simulator'

4468 Mallard and Supermarine Spitfire added as drivable vehicles
Tiger Woods outfit added
G Spec (Golf Spec) added
Phillips Screwdriver added

This will be coming tomorrow!!!!
(sarcasm)

The amount of speculation and unfounded 'facts' around here is getting silly and it's driven by PD's complete lack of communication with the outside world.
Perhaps it's SCE's job to communicate, but surely someone at PD keeps track of sales, fanbase and users? They must realise that the deafening silence is putting fans off and the bugs and glitches in the game will put casual players off?

GT Academy is all well and good, but if nobody plays GT6 and subsequently no one buys GT7, how can it continue?

"There's no secret. You just press the accelerator to the floor and steer left" This is surely an american oval racing quote isnt it? :sly:

(sarcasm)PD Says Gran Turismo is 'The Real Driving Simulator'

4468 Mallard and Supermarine Spitfire added as drivable vehicles
Tiger Woods outfit added
G Spec (Golf Spec) added
Phillips Screwdriver added

This will be coming tomorrow!!!!
(sarcasm)

The amount of speculation and unfounded 'facts' around here is getting silly and it's driven by PD's complete lack of communication with the outside world.
Perhaps it's SCE's job to communicate, but surely someone at PD keeps track of sales, fanbase and users? They must realise that the deafening silence is putting fans off and the bugs and glitches in the game will put casual players off?

GT Academy is all well and good, but if nobody plays GT6 and subsequently no one buys GT7, how can it continue?
I understand that the question surrounding DLC at the moment will cause speculation, but I think there's a limit to what's a reasonable judgement and something desperately nonsensical. Taking every little thing seen surrounding the game is going to be rubbish a good 99.9% of the time, so there's just never really a point looking into it.

Even if the game was producing good constant DLC every week or so, then would it make more sense to look at random quotes then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back