Touge Tuner Challenge - Postponed Until Private Lobbies

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Dragonistic
Postponed Until Private Lobbies Arrive

Firstly thanks to N4HS for allowing me to bounce this idea off him, but now down to business. (Potential drivers and tuners read all the rules)

Touge Challenge
Sponsored by Red Venom Tuning

gt5_eiger-01.jpg

I'd like to announce the birth of a new competition for the tuning garages and private tuners alike. The aim of this? To provide a new challenge that isn't restricted by the rules and regulations provided in online competition currently, but to create our own to give us tuners a different challenge. Touge (for those who don't know, often refers to winding, tight road with lots of changes in gradient and so on, the ultimate test of car handling (often a mountain road). For GT5P we have our version of a touge style road in the form of Eiger Nordwand, and for the purpose of this event, we will be using the normal forward course.

Rules
- Each car class division will have a set PP to adhere to, and tyres must be S3 or lower.
- Cars will be reviewed independantly by drivers with no ties to any particular garage, this means drivers participating in the Garage Showdowns for a particular team, can not be drivers for this. However those with no preference in the showdowns may be considered.
- Tests will be done in Arcade with the AI set low enough to be able to pass them without fighting for to many laps, preferable to be ahead by the start of lap 2 for the sake of ease and to reduce variables.
- Drivers will take note of sector times in the first section of the course (From the start-finish down the hill through the hairpins to the bridge). These times will be compared but are not the defining factor of reviews.
- Reviews will and must be based primarily on car feeling, handling, grip and stability during all of the lap, not just sector 1. The same amount of time must be spent with all cars reviewed, there is no set amount of time thats up to the driver, but it must remain the same for every car, no matter how much you love or loath it. Driving AIDs must also be off (accept ABS and racing line), and pro physics must be used.
- Reviews will also include a mark out of 100, and average will be made of all these ratings to give a overall rating leaderboard, as well as a leaderboard per class.
- Anyone may enter a car, but please, no half completed efforts, only serious, hard worked entries for the sake of the test drivers and so time is not wasted.
Submit set ups in a personal message, or a link in the personal message to the set up

Driver recruitment
Drivers wishing to review vehicles for this must review every car in a given class (over time not all together) for the sake of fairness. To become a driver, a review must be private messaged to myself of completely unchanged suspensionand gearing Mazda RX7 running on S3 tyres with max power and minimum weight. The best 5 reviews will be selected and those 5 drivers will become the official reviewers, however anyone may post there thoughts and favourites to.
The Deadline for this is the whenever we reach enough drivers, 5 drivers is preferable.

599.jpg

The Classes & Car Set Ups
Touge PP700

Touge PP600
Suburu Impreza Spec C '05 by wrcsti
TLD R34 GTR
OST Mazda RX7

Touge PP500
TLD Mazda 6-500T
DC Suzuki Swift Sport
Ford Focus ST by Noel39

The Leaderboards

Overall Rating Leaderboard

Touge PP700 Leaderboard

Touge PP600 Leaderboard

Touge PP500 Leaderboard
TLD Mazda 6 Review 94/100

Note: Cars can be tested in the PP700 Eiger Time Trial (online event) until the next event update.

Last edited:
I look forward to tuning for this, but I must ask, is there a deadline to the actual event, or is it just a running leaderboard that will stand for all time?

It will stand until private lobbies so we can actually have the proper head-to-head battles, at which point it shall convert into a monthly event or something.

Nice! Any car restrictions? Or anything goes as long as it fits in the required PP?

Unless there's any reason to restrict, no. With the cars being rated on handling characteristics and so on, it shouldn't bias any car fully.

If only Eiger was an international online event...*sigh*

You can still participate, since the testing is done in Arcade mode rather than online. :)

When private lobbies come we will be having head-to-head battles using the cars made here. For now it's just tuning and then being reviewed, but unfortunately nobody has tried to sign up and no drivers have posted or anything, so this may be on a one way trip to nowhere.

Ok, great stuff, I'll be away for the coming week until Friday, but i will be keeping track of the thread and any messages regarding drivers.

Well, no challenge without cars, right? ;) Besides, I have never tuned for Eiger before, should be a welcome change. 👍

It's a shame no one has signed up yet.:indiff: It's not like they have to race on a set date, just in their own time. I could probably do some Touge 500 cars with the wheel already, I'm not bad with them.

Well, if there are no drivers I can drive your tune and you can drive mine. :P

But it may attract more people if there are actually some cars available. :)

Well you're a new member so you may not have any major ties, do the recruitment test and ll consider you.

Also i'm not at home as stated, so i cant release my tunes really, i have a 700 and 600 set up from last week.

Okay, then I'll look into a 500PP tonight. It's time to bring back the Swift. :)

Okay, then I'll look into a 500PP tonight. It's time to bring back the Swift. :)

I has a planz for the 500 class yo! It's an old trick I used in the previous Touge Tuner Challenge I entered.;)

Edit: I hope there are restrictions on tyre staggering, like not being able to?

pffff no way !! google Touge and Best Motoring.. More like Tuned Evo's S2000's etc.. well the stuff that makes it to youtube anyway

My choice for this would be the above cars, the 350Z /Tuned etc

edit - lol check the Tuned Cappucino in this. http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-1136648609875649245&ei

There are loads of Touge Races with cars like the Cappucino, FWD Hatchbacks, and hachi roku's for example, sound like 500 PP to me.:P

I'm just watching that video now, how much power do you suppose they have?

Edit: The Vitz only has 200hp, this really is a 500 PP video.:dopey:

Last edited:
There are loads of Touge Races with cars like the Cappucino, FWD Hatchbacks, and hachi roku's for example, sound like 500 PP to me.:P

I'm just watching that video now, how much power do you suppose they have?

Edit: The Vitz only has 200hp, this really is a 500 PP video.:dopey:

Totally agree its a PP500 Vid which is why I posted it.. definately not the norm for all the Best Motoring stuff I have watched though... funny stuff, and some great driving as he drifts the Miata

Last edited:
I'll be supplying a Swift. Since this is the first time I have tuned for this track/event I'll evaluate it first before supplying another. ;)

Well you're a new member so you may not have any major ties, do the recruitment test and ll consider you.

Also i'm not at home as stated, so i cant release my tunes really, i have a 700 and 600 set up from last week.

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

Here is my first entry to the PP500 Eiger Tuners Touge:
Lancia Delta HF Integrale

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3143367&postcount=378

2374687487_916dd791b5.jpg

I don't think that will be fast, I've tried so many times to make it fast in any class at all and never suceeded, it's the car (acceleration was never good enough, perhaps better after the update?).

...And here is the entry for the PP600 version of the Eiger Touge Tuners challenge.

2008 Subaru WRX Sti
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3143495&postcount=380

Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STI-Concept-4-lg.jpg

That's not a WRX, I dunno what it is, and tbh don't want to know.

Latest Posts

Back