Touge Tuner Challenge - Postponed Until Private Lobbies

I really love touge too, in real life and in GT. Im fairly new here to GTP... pretty decent driver i would think tho i've only got the sixaxis to use. So i dont mind being a driver to rate these cars. If possible, i'd like to put up some tunes too.

Read the entry requirements for both, anyone can post tunes but you have to do a test review and rating of a max power, min weight RX7 on S3 tyres with no suspension or other tweaks at all. Then message me that review, this is so i know how thoroughly you will be driving and reviewing these cars, however you can't review your own car but i'll adjust the rules to be more leniant so you can still enter a car.

TLD Mazda 6 added to the list :)

EDIT: DC Swift now added

Last edited:
Read the entry requirements for both, anyone can post tunes but you have to do a test review and rating of a max power, min weight RX7 on S3 tyres with no suspension or other tweaks at all. Then message me that review, this is so i know how thoroughly you will be driving and reviewing these cars, however you can't review your own car but i'll adjust the rules to be more leniant so you can still enter a car.

TLD Mazda 6 added to the list :)

EDIT: DC Swift now added

Ah, alright. I'll post some tunes in a bit :D

I'm pretty much finished with the review for Atenza. Should I pm the review to Dragonistic or post it here?

Ford Focus ST (500PP)

Performance:

Power: 221bhp 0%
Weight: 89%
Tyres: S3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -11/-6
Spring Rates: 6/8
Damper: 6/6
Toe: -0.15/-0.10
Camber: 2.8/2.0

Brake Balance: 7/5

Max Turn Angle: 43
ABS : 1
Tuned with all aids off.

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.385
2nd: 2.050
3rd: 1.433
4th: 1.088
5th: 0.868
6th: 0.700
Final: 5.000

Last edited:
I think you can't do it. It's just that if you copypaste a link to your post (the number in your post in the upper right corner) then it appears as a single post when they go and view it.

Sorry, probably a silly question, but how do i post a single post?

Click on the post number in the top right of your post to bring up a page for that post, then use that link.

Thought I'd better bring this up, 700 PP is a tall ask on S3 tyres, as there is only a couple cars I can see making that PP level and then all the tuners would pretty much have to pick a Tuned Lancer. Would not be cool.

Touge 600 car from me is on the horizon.

Click on the post number in the top right of your post to bring up a page for that post, then use that link.

Thought I'd better bring this up, 700 PP is a tall ask on S3 tyres, as there is only a couple cars I can see making that PP level and then all the tuners would pretty much have to pick a Tuned Lancer. Would not be cool.

Touge 600 car from me is on the horizon.

I was going to pose a question to the tuners on this point. 1 car alone is a clear standout in the PP700 class. Rather than we all end up tuning this car how about we make the PP700 a RWD challenge to keep things interesting ?
Either way I dont mind.

I was going to pose a question to the tuners on this point. 1 car alone is a clear standout in the PP700 class. Rather than we all end up tuning this car how about we make the PP700 a RWD challenge to keep things interesting ?
Either way I dont mind.

RWD?!?!?! Well then the Ford GT's traction advantage would be over evident, and the remarkable lift off oversteer in the twisties. I tried a 700 PP S3 tyred Z06, it did burnouts at 140km/hr in 2nd, did more burnouts at like 160km/hr in 3rd on the elevation change on the main straight, and still isn't easy to control during the high speed section through the tunnel at risk of starting a power slide at 200km/hr.:scared: We could make them better with tuning and all, but the Ford GT will still win, and it's still quite ludicrous pushing over 450kw around a Touge track with no downforce and sports tyres.

RWD?!?!?! Well then the Ford GT's traction advantage would be over evident, and the remarkable lift off oversteer in the twisties. I tried a 700 PP S3 tyred Z06, it did burnouts at 140km/hr in 2nd, did more burnouts at like 160km/hr in 3rd on the elevation change on the main straight, and still isn't easy to control during the high speed section through the tunnel at risk of starting a power slide at 200km/hr.:scared: We could make them better with tuning and all, but the Ford GT will still win, and it's still quite ludicrous pushing over 450kw around a Touge track with no downforce and sports tyres.

450kW touge car O.O !! In japan the touge challenge done by HotVersion had 3 classes. Its something like 200hp class, 300hp class, 500hp class or something like that. All used tyres like AD07, RE-01R... which i think is only around S1 or S2 in terms of GT5:P S3 in comparison to real life would be semi slick tyres eg. Toyo R888 or Falken Azenis RT615. Just my thoughts :)

When is the deadline for tunes? Don't have a lot of time in my schedgule (sp?) open at the moment but still would love to finish my tunes.

no deadline really, just open fully until private lobbies at least.

700 i had an Amuse running well by the way N4HS i wasnt having an real trouble with wheelspin on it on the S3s.

Also adding that focus tune and fixxed my previous dumbo error with the mazda 6 placement.

I'm pretty much finished with the review for Atenza. Should I pm the review to Dragonistic or post it here?

Here for everyone to see so everyone knows i'm not tampering at all as a potential tuner myself.

Last edited:

Bah... Soft ! :D
I have a few 700PP RWD's that work really well here, but are definately not for the beginner. However compared to the AWD's like the Evo they cant compete... I just about have my PP700 car finished off. I hope you dont go with the Lancer option...

700 i had an Amuse running well by the way N4HS i wasnt having an real trouble with wheelspin on it on the S3s.

A) The Amuse has no where near as much torque as the other RWD'ers
B) I was using the standard Corvette, so there would have been no downforce and something like 100kw extra right?

I could make a tune for it, or I could judge that category and not enter as I couldn't care much for the only truly eligible cars there.💡 I hope I don't have to do a review of the RX-7, as I've done so many reviews and you can just check them out, maybe use the review of 888's Delta I did.

Bah... Soft ! :D
I have a few 700PP RWD's that work really well here, but are definately not for the beginner. However compared to the AWD's like the Evo they cant compete... I just about have my PP700 car finished off. I hope you dont go with the Lancer option...

I had a real ball driving the Corvette there, and didn't crah much now I have a wheel, but it didn't take a genius to see my 600 R34 GT-R was still faster.

Ok N4HS, looks like you're reviewing 700PP cars then. I've seen your reviews before so dont worry about doing that RX7 one. I've not been working on my sets much as i recently bought GTA IV and have been enjoying that (mainly due to private rooms :lol:)

Ok N4HS, looks like you're reviewing 700PP cars then. I've seen your reviews before so dont worry about doing that RX7 one. I've not been working on my sets much as i recently bought GTA IV and have been enjoying that (mainly due to private rooms :lol:)

👍 I'll promise I'll be harsh and scrutinising.:mischievous::lol:

TLD Mazda 6-500T MPS
(169kw) (263Nm) (1249kg) (500 PP) (Pro/Standard Physics)

tunesheet_mazda6.jpg

Hmmm,an FF family car. Snore.

Mazda Atenza is a type of a car you take your family and luggage with and drive to a summer cottage. If you like, you can maybe have some hot chocolate by the fireplace when you get there.

With TLD's Atenza you can actually do these things but the only difference is, that in this car it doesn't matter if you're in a hurry and the cottage is located along a touge. I mean, as a driver I'm more into FR's but after driving this car, I was literally shocked. My pride as an FR driver was shattered into pieces when I discovered how fun and easy it is to drive this car. An FR car can be fun when you can play with the tail, but this was fun in a different way. The way the car grips in the corners and blasts it's way out in the exits is so astonishing that it makes you laugh while you drive.

The brakes are set very nicely for this road. You come down the main straight and thanks to the proper setting it is possible to push the braking point to the limit. The funny thing I noticed during the jump on the the straight is, that dispite the low ride height the car doesn't bottom out and lands smoothly so I was able to clear the jump with ease. Grip was not lost and the car handled like nothing even happened. So thumbs up for TLD's great damper and spring settings. After braking the car turns really nicely to the two hairpins as well as to the next two before the bridge. These hairpins are the next point where you notice the great suspension setting. You can easily take a small shortcut by letting your tyres slip to the sand and you don't notice any change in the grip nor does the car bounce when coming back to the tarmac.

But after the bridge I first noticed it. Drrrrrrr, my dual shock 3 started to vibrate while driving on the straight. From my point of view this occured a few times while accelerating. Maybe because of the harder front springs or the toe/camber angle but I can't tell for sure as I'm not a tuner. It might also just be the nature of the car and there's nothing you can do about it. Not that I know, but I think this basically isn't a car build to be driven on track. Except TLD's version ofcourse. However this shaking was pretty minimal and didn't affect the handling or grip of the car so it's nothing that bad. However it makes you feel a bit unsafe when you first notice it, if you know what I mean. Wheel users might have more trouble with this because of the stronger force feedback.

Here we are, entering the southern corner wich is the fastest one on the track (not counting the chicane after the tunnel). Breaking in with third, engine revs nicely all the way (no need to shift up) and the Atenza is practically licking the inside all the way to the exit and I can put the pedal to the metal at the apex. No typical FF understeering detected, if you're able to take the right line, otherwise it's pretty hard to recover. After the exit the tachometer's on the red zone and I can shift up to 4th and blast my way out of the corner and into the tunnel. Now that's what I'm talking about! I can't stress enough how important the exit of this corner is because it affects the top speed you're able to reach on the next straight before braking into the highspeed chicane. But with this car you can't really call it braking as it's only a little tap to the pedal. Downshift, little shortcut through the sand (dampers absorb this nicely again) and were off again. And the most interesting thing is that the car doesn't really loose much speed during this and after braking you can immediately start flooring it all the way through the straight and to the last corner. Gear ratios in general, felt really nice. Those frustrating situations where you think if you should shift or not, didn't occur to me. The handling on the straight is good and the car feels safe while driving in high speeds. Also did a bit of slalom movements and the car managed to do them nicely.

Now entering the last corner. "Whooops! Haahahahah!", I cutted of too much from the sand on the left when entering the corner and ended up sendin the Atenza airborne. Can't really blame the suspension or ride height for this because it only happened on one lap and it was obviously my fault. Besides, it landed so nicely and I was still able to clear the corner like nothing had happened. AND, it made me laugh. Overall, the car can really clear this corner as well as all the others. If you choose the correct line, you're able to floor it all the way through.

Clocked a 32.482 T1 section time.

An FF family car?

-Sure it is.

Did it make me snore?

- Okay, okay, I'll take it back. It was fun as hell.

Now you don't hear these things very often from me when it comes to FF cars.

This family car is possessed by a demon. It's a monster. Makes your wife scream and kids shouting for more.
Make sure to strap the luggage tightly.

94/100

lol ^^ nice !!
Whats new to me (using a Sixaxis without dual shock) is that there is vibration from bottoming out !! I never knew !!

Nice review LiBi.👍👍 The vibration you mentioned, did this happen just where the bridge ends and changes back to bitumen? There is a bump in the track there, it's annoying but as it's on a straight I don't really tune for it, especially in such a low powered vehicle.;)
I don't know if my reviews will be that long, but I'll cover everything just the same.:)

Is it bad that my 600pp is faster than my 700pp? By like 2s depending on luck on the 700pp.

Here it is. 600pp STI!
Best lap: 1:10:9XX
HP +65
Wg 85
tires S3 S3
RH -35 -35
SR 4 8
Dp 1 3
Toe -.09 +.12
ca 1.8 .9
BB 5 5
Torque 35/65
turning 50
Gears: change only theese
2nd: 2.375
3rd: 1.761
4th: 1.346
Final: 3.900

EDIT:
Found another 700pp (or less) car that runs 1:10s if you are good enough.

Last edited:
Is it bad that my 600pp is faster than my 700pp? By like 2s depending on luck on the 700pp.

EDIT:
Found another 700pp (or less) car that runs 1:10s if you are good enough.

Lol yes its bad !! : )

To give you guys a benchmark .. Im hitting 1:05's in my PP700 car :D

Lol yes its bad !! : )

To give you guys a benchmark .. Im hitting 1:05's in my PP700 car :D
Hot damn! Back to the garage for me.

Are we still doing the gentlemens agree ment on RWD for 700pp only?

Last edited:
Dont worry, i've been in 1:05-06s in my test car for the 700s RWD to. Adding that 600 set up now, when you tell me which STI it is.

Also, rule adjustment for submitting set ups, personal message me from now on please, i asked before but didnt put it in the OP, it's there now so no more posting set ups here from this point on.

Last edited:
The cars are NOT being reviewed on sector times, thus AWDs will be treated differently.

When (if) it comes down to online battles when private rooms come and AWDs dominate, rules will be adjusted accordingly.

Any set ups that im not given links, to ill post up MYSELF (as below) this is so i can keep track easier as college work increases for me.

Back