Touge Tuner Challenge - Postponed Until Private Lobbies

I don't think that will be fast, I've tried so many times to make it fast in any class at all and never suceeded, it's the car (acceleration was never good enough, perhaps better after the update?).

Its not bad, and as per the rules, (unless I am mistaken) its not about overall lap time, but 1st segment and then drivability for the remainder of the lap producing a score for the car ?

I drove a fist full of cars this morning, and really really enjoyed this car, plus it very rarely gets a run anywhere which is a shame for the fans of old-school rally like myself : )

Same goes for the WRX STi.. very underated car in this game. If I can get some people to drive cars they wouldnt normally, then Im happy.
Take the STI for a spin, its imprezzive : )

Its not bad, and as per the rules, (unless I am mistaken) its not about overall lap time, but 1st segment and then drivability for the remainder of the lap producing a score for the car ?

I drove a fist full of cars this morning, and really really enjoyed this car, plus it very rarely gets a run anywhere which is a shame for the fans of old-school rally like myself : )

Same goes for the WRX STi.. very underated car in this game. If I can get some people to drive cars they wouldnt normally, then Im happy.
Take the STI for a spin, its imprezzive : )

No, you're right, speed is a very small aspect of Togue judging. The STi was overused at that Suzuka event remember? I don't know what I'll use at the 600 event, sky is the limit but I have an idea of what may do surprisingly well.;) I'll have to learn to drive first though.:P

Your avatar sucks.

There was a Suzuka Event with the WRX ?? I missed that one

Yeah, the S2 tyred event at Suzuka, the WRX was very very popular.

Edit: I definitely have my Tougue 500 class car chosen, just got to tune it.

That's not a WRX, I dunno what it is, and tbh don't want to know.

It seems that a new TypeR Civic and Focus had a collision. ;)

I would be delighted do some test runs. This way I can also broaden my experience on understanding the cababilities of different cars and how to tune them myself later on. I've been trying to do this kind off testing every now and then but was too lazy and too busy racing. Now when I have the chance to get assigned to do this kind of work and by that also am able to help others, I have no other choise than to co-operate and learn more about cars. ^^

I'll be hitting you with an RX-7 review ASAP. 👍

Great stuff Libi. The good thing about the way this event is setup is that effectively you are racing yourself in each car. So it doesnt matter if you are a gun or a hack your results should still be consistant across all cars.

The RX-7 is a blast around this track and will also give you a very solid base to be able to compare against as well as building a good working knowledge of the track. It wouldnt be right using these cars to learn the track as the last car tested would have a definite advantage : )

Ok, short on time here but, yes more then one car may be entered, but in future battles only the best ratest car will be taken and the other discarded.

Nah it's OK, I pondered the 147, but the car I'm going to use is so much better it's a simple choice.

I'll be supplying a new tune tonight, since I completely overlooked the fact that tyres must be S3 or less. ;)

Bet you were impressed with your lap times !!

I'm impressed with my lap times, and I started with S3 from the beginning.;)

My tune has been sent to the approriate TLD associates, it should be out very soon- read: day or 2.

Last edited:
We had our first entry for drivers, at the moment it seems the tuners themselves seem more interested then everyone else as predicted due to no online competition. However the entry was of a high standard so may be enough to suffice on their own until more drivers turn up.

Woo Hoo !! be good to get a comparison as the cars are all so different.

I'll end up driving all the cars anyway. I'll even post a short completely unbiased review of each and you can flame me for it : )
After looking through the tunes, on Paper I give the nod to TLD so far... I had gone down the Suzi path early on myself and found the front wheels wanted to spin up a little to easy trying to get traction down.... but I havnt driven the NLxAROSA tune yet : )

Well the deadlines here and no more drivers, so might have to call this one off, I'll still run the event once private rooms come though.

If worst comes to worst, we could be more lenient with the drivers allowed too, even allowing the tuners to judge if we get that desperate. I really want this event to work, for some reason I quite like Touge.

Edit: I've just begun tuning my 600 PP car, and given I already have a 500 PP car out, this competition has to go ahead.:P

Last edited:
Well I'm up for some touge driving. Just hit me with the tunes and I'll see what I can do. But I'd rather atleast try to review them properly so don't give me any crazy deadlines that require lightning fast thinking and writing. ;)

we could be more lenient with the drivers allowed too
Yes, I have no problem having my car reviewed by drivers running for another garage or who have run for another garage in the past. When in doubt, ask for a replay. :)

Well I'm up for some touge driving. Just hit me with the tunes and I'll see what I can do. But I'd rather atleast try to review them properly so don't give me any crazy deadlines that require lightning fast thinking and writing. ;)

I think there are instructions for driver sign up in the first post.:)

Yes, I have no problem having my car reviewed by drivers running for another garage or who have run for another garage in the past. When in doubt, ask for a replay. :)

I would have no problem either if one of your previous drivers rated your car well, unless everyone else rated it poorly.:lol: I just wouldn't want a garage's test drivers judging, because obviously they've had a hand in tayloring the car to their needs, which would make it a little biased.

It hardly seems fair to pile one driver with a bunch of tunes, but ok if you're willing to Libi, go for it. Private messaging me the set ups would be conveniant (just the link to the set up) so i can copy that straight into post 1, I'm busy lately so its hard for me to keep up to date.

I really love touge too, in real life and in GT. Im fairly new here to GTP... pretty decent driver i would think tho i've only got the sixaxis to use. So i dont mind being a driver to rate these cars. If possible, i'd like to put up some tunes too.

Latest Posts

Back