Tough Career Events

• Thread starter Animera
  • 106 comments
This was tough in terms of the concentration required to complete it.

Ferrari.png

Last edited:
Any suggestion on the best car to use for the Hot Lap event at Ruapuna, Road D?

I run with the Alpine and the Supra, but I am still on 1.02 (and the three stars tier is below 1.01).

Invitational event, cant remember its name, Chilly something, Lotus Type 51 on Oschershleben in Snow to Blizzard conditions.

You start last and its 5 laps, the first few laps are OK, bit slippy and then the blizzard conditions hit and then it really becomes a handful and a bit challenge to stay on track. Great fun, but did take a few attempts.

Rapuna Park hot lap just that, too hard for my 959, car no matter what can't handle that god damn slow section at all, if take 1st gear too slow, if 2nd slow and unstable. Dunno, tried everything, but there must be a solution. Pretty bad that tuning window is very tight for this car in D class, only 2-3 modifications, and 'course not tires at all.

Rapuna Park hot lap just that, too hard for my 959, car no matter what can't handle that god damn slow section at all, if take 1st gear too slow, if 2nd slow and unstable. Dunno, tried everything, but there must be a solution. Pretty bad that tuning window is very tight for this car in D class, only 2-3 modifications, and 'course not tires at all.

Same for me, I am still struggling with that event. Left on the side for a while.

Done the Road D event at Ruapuna Hot Lap with three stars.

For whoever is struggling, I easily managed by buying the Nissan R34 (Road E), and upgrading it up to 396 (if I remember correctly) with:
- Tires step 2
- Weight Reduction, last step
- Air Intake, step 2
- Fuel Injection, step 2

With these upgrades you should do it easy peasy.
I have done at the second run.

Thanks as I still couldn't beat the time. How's those other tune values? I'll will try it again during weekend.
I just thought that I'll share my setup as I've finally managed to complete The 200 Triple

By the way, looking at the videos on YouTube, I noticed that are some discrepancies in the PIR calculations between PC and consoles.

The R34, for example, the same upgrades on PC givd a slightly lower PIR than on consoles, so you can install upgrades on PC and still stay under 400, while on consoles with the same upgrades you go over 400.

I think it might have something to do with the PIR bug (PIR is lowered after uninstalling the upgrades but the performance stays on the same level - it happens from time to time).

I'm having troubles with GT C Knockhill pace setter. Anyone has any tips? My best is 00:52:874

This one, Snetterton 200 and The rabbits ear at Willow Springs are those which I can't win 3 stars.

Last edited:
I've done it with the Astra TCR but it looks like that my PC based tips are a bit irrelevant anyway :lol:
Your tips are still good for PC players! :P
The Astra would be my second choice. However I think the Evo is a little bit better for my driving stile.

Same for me, I am still struggling with that event. Left on the side for a while.

C63 worked well, it oversteering heavily so this tight section a piece of cake, just have to handle other corners with cation.

The 200 triple seems impossible for both, neither 959 or C63 have enough acceleration and course none having final drive tuning.

C63 worked well, it oversteering heavily so this tight section a piece of cake, just have to handle other corners with cation.

The 200 triple seems impossible for both, neither 959 or C63 have enough acceleration and course none having final drive tuning.
For the Stetterton 200 I am using the same car, R34 and is just a matter of consistently putting together three very fast laps.
I have already run in 1:12:600 with few attemps.

EDIT: just completed with the R34 under 1:13.

For the record, I tuned a bit raising the tyre pressure (front and rear).
Weight bias left as default.

Last edited:
Now, after fully starred Road E and Road D, these are the events I am finding a bit tough in Road C:
- Breakout at Stowe woth the C8. I can manage 1850 but I am struggling to get to 2000.
- Silverstone Classic GP. The third challenge (draft for 8 secs and then overtake) won't never trigger. Maybe is a bug?
- The Pace Setter at Oulton Parl looks averagely doable. After few trials I am already within 1 sec from the three stars.

Now, after fully starred Road E and Road D, these are the events I am finding a bit tough in Road C:
- Breakout at Stowe woth the C8. I can manage 1850 but I am struggling to get to 2000.

2000? Now it really makes me wonder why the PC version is easier...:eek:

1.png

- Silverstone Classic GP. The third challenge (draft for 8 secs and then overtake) won't never trigger. Maybe is a bug?

Bugged for sure, tried this race like 5 times yesterday - nothing.

- The Pace Setter at Oulton Parl looks averagely doable. After few trials I am already within 1 sec from the three stars.

Done it with Vantage GT12.

2.png

I have now 5 events that are impossible to do. And by now I know how drafting works because there are several events when you need to draft for a minute or more. Those are all working. I even draft some opponents for the entire lap, still no medal.
Now it seems that I have another issue. Some races where you need to master tot corners are impossible to complete. I can master Laguna in practice mode the first lap most of the time. Yet in Cannery Row event (GT Open) I can't master the Rainey Curve no matter how many times I try. So annoying....

@the13PeSK for real? I'm starting to really hate PC players!:lol:

Back