Tough Career Events

• Thread starter Animera
  • 106 comments
It is really interesting now how many discrepancies there is (PIR ratings, score levels). What is the current game version on Xbox/PS4 guys?

So this might be the reason:

1.png

2.png

Work in progress: The rabbit ears at Willow Spring Road A.

I think the Porsche 911 GT3 RS is the car to go. Just need some consistency.
Did a 1:14:238 in practice mode with the following setup:
- brakes 2
- weight reduction 3
- fuel injection 2
- engine block 3
- forced induc 2
- suspension 3

Will post the results as soon as I manage some perfect laps. Meanwhile if someone want to try it. It's still hard. Like GT gold license hard.

Edit: It is not really that hard once you master the track. The GT 3 is such a good car. I can really push it to the limit. Or rather PC3 allows it.
79f190f7-9874-45f1-a4d8-d4705d264bdd_Thumbnail.PNG

Edit 2: Tried the Back in time on Rouen historic with the same car and it was so easy. This car is just op for road A.
13b22b8e-3775-479f-9f76-e55c284669ad_Thumbnail.PNG

Last edited:
I guess it was tough because of the track. This car can go way beyond 1:52:00. I think my best was even below 51. However the fast corners and narrow track can be tricky to master.

I'm now trying to complete the Hypercar events and I just can't come close to 1:31:00 on Jerez Clock Watcher (peace setter). Best I did so far is 1:35:038.
Not as though as the Jerez event, Keep the Peace Up on Donington Park was also a challenge but managed in a fully upgraded Rimac.

Masterpiece on GT B Majors is tough. Only just scraped the slowest time bracket by half a second. 7:01 being the target.

Its entirely possible I'm not very good but jts tough to see where I can find over 15 seconds.

Masterpiece on GT B Majors is tough. Only just scraped the slowest time bracket by half a second. 7:01 being the target.

Its entirely possible I'm not very good but jts tough to see where I can find over 15 seconds.
I used the Alpine with the following upgrades:
- stage 2 brakes
- stage 2 weight reduction
- stage 1 camshaft
- stage 2 ecu (fuell injection)
- stage 2 turbocharge

ec00f7b1-942f-4c80-9afd-a0649b2a0669_Thumbnail.PNG

You have to trust it. I'm pretty confident a better driver could do a sub 06:55.

I used the Alpine with the following upgrades:
- stage 2 brakes
- stage 2 weight reduction
- stage 1 camshaft
- stage 2 ecu (fuell injection)
- stage 2 turbocharge

ec00f7b1-942f-4c80-9afd-a0649b2a0669_Thumbnail.PNG

You have to trust it. I'm pretty confident a better driver could do a sub 06:55.

Nice cheers. I tried it with the Mclaren but i do have an Alpine on the garage so will give that a go.

Has anyone done the 10 lapper at Indy in the bonus section in the classic lotus? Even with drafting I can only get 55 second lap with all assists off and the goal is 52, has anyone got a good tuning setup for ovals that might help?

How on earth can I do 1:31:00 on Jerez in a hypercar when I barely manage it with a GT open? I give up. I won't be able to 100% the career anyway.

Some events are ridiculously hard... :(

I do wonder if some events are just easier on a controller than a wheel; some of the Rivals events tend to go that way.

Road B completed and fully starred.

In this class, I did not find any particularly tough event.

So far the toughest events were in class C, and indeed I still have there some unfinished events, but I will wait for the patch to fix the differences between PC and console versions.

Anyone managed to get to 273 kph in the El Dorado State event? (GTA / Laguna Seca)
Couldn't get it done with the Ford GT LM GTE even with upgrades.

Anyone managed to get to 273 kph in the El Dorado State event? (GTA / Laguna Seca)
Couldn't get it done with the Ford GT LM GTE even with upgrades.
I did it with the Ford Fusion. Soft race tyres and stage 3 weight reduction. I opted for grip mostly to exit the last corner as fast as possible.... I had to crash at the end of the straight too.

How on earth does anybody complete the Bruce and Enzo snow races???
I can't keep my Enzo in a straight line!
Unless I've missed something, I won't be completing this one. Best finish so far: 26th out of 26. Probably finished about 45 minutes after the winner... :lol:

How on earth does anybody complete the Bruce and Enzo snow races???
I can't keep my Enzo in a straight line!
Unless I've missed something, I won't be completing this one. Best finish so far: 26th out of 26. Probably finished about 45 minutes after the winner... :lol:
My advice, use the McLaren 720S. It handles snow much better than any Ferrari. I used the stock one but I guess Track Suspension won't hurt either. Don't use Traction Control since it really slows down the car a lot. I only used ABS but you could try Stability on. Just forget about TC. In the snow I tend to shift way early and try to keep the revs beyond 7000 rpm and never push it above 8000 (red line). This will also keep the car much more stable on straight. Good luck!
Also wait until you try the vintage Lotus in the snow. That race is a real nightmare.

My advice, use the McLaren 720S. It handles snow much better than any Ferrari. I used the stock one but I guess Track Suspension won't hurt either. Don't use Traction Control since it really slows down the car a lot. I only used ABS but you could try Stability on. Just forget about TC. In the snow I tend to shift way early and try to keep the revs beyond 7000 rpm and never push it above 8000 (red line). This will also keep the car much more stable on straight. Good luck!
Also wait until you try the vintage Lotus in the snow. That race is a real nightmare.
Thank you very much for your advice.
I will give the McLaren a go, but I must confess that I'm not a really dedicated PC3 player and, if I'm still completely useless in the snow, I may well decide to give all the snow races a miss. :yuck:

I am having some issues in hitting the Tier 3 score for the Breakout event Road A at Monument Valley (Monument Mayhem).

The top score required is 2300, and I can hit 2100 at my best...

Any idea on which upgrades to use?
I am on Xbox One X (the PIR on consoles is calculated slightly different than on PC).

Last edited:
I am having some issues in hitting the Tier 3 score for the Breakout event Road A at Monument Valley (Monument Mayhem).

The top score required is 2300, and I can hit 2100 at my best...

Any idea on which upgrades to use?
I am on Xbox One X (the PIR on consoles is calculated slightly different than on PC).

I got 2375 with brakes and level 1 weight reduction.
You have to go off track to the right after the 1st left turn to get a bunch of 50's.

Back