Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

Status
Not open for further replies.
MARC V8 heading to the USA for October.
Australian squad MARC Cars is also making its second Intercontinental GT Challenge appearance of 2017, in the Invitational class, after contesting the season-opening Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour in Februray. Jake Camilleri and Nicholas Rowe are joined in the team’s first Mazda 3 V8 by an as-yet-unnamed third co-driver, while Keith Kassulke and Morgan Haber pair up in the squad’s second entry alongside another to-be-confirmed driver.

October’s Mazda Raceway California 8 Hours event marks the Intercontinental GT Challenge’s first race in America. The globe-trotting series has already visited Australia and only last week staged its European leg as part of the Total 24 Hours of Spa. Asia closes the four-round campaign courtesy of the the Motul Sepang 12 Hours on December 9-10.

Noice
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017/08/08/baic-senova-unveil-d50-tcr-shanghai/
other-cars-___64______________________________-2017-____________d50-tcr.jpg

This too new-i30-n-tcr
hyundai.jpg

No, the Countryman has a normal top hinged hatch.

The Clubman has two rear doors that open to the sides.

Clubman_5826.jpg
Nah, I'm talking about the Countryman as a viable car to use. It's popular as an "SUV".
Even though the MINI(Clubman) may be the hot hatch for road racing, the Countryman is the size of the TCR hot hatches.

Aside from the Countryman being really tall and generally massive, the Clubman would look considerably better as a TCR machine. But as mentioned those hinged rear doors aren't the most useful, and it would also make mounting a rear wing a bit more difficult.

However, if neither of those two were to work, what would they go with instead? I would assume the standard MINI Hatch would be the next option, but as the article points out it's not long enough, but again there's some TCR machines that don't meet that requirement too. I'm not too keyed up on the TCR regs, so I must admit I'm not too sure how it'd work.

I thought that of the WRC MINi. Odd choice, but they made it work.
PWC, MINI Challenge and Sasol(South African)Production Cars, use the JCW MINI. Just comes down to what model MINI want to promote.

Aside from the Countryman being really tall and generally massive, the Clubman would look considerably better as a TCR machine. But as mentioned those hinged rear doors aren't the most useful, and it would also make mounting a rear wing a bit more difficult.

However, if neither of those two were to work, what would they go with instead? I would assume the standard MINI Hatch would be the next option, but as the article points out it's not long enough, but again there's some TCR machines that don't meet that requirement too. I'm not too keyed up on the TCR regs, so I must admit I'm not too sure how it'd work.
F55, the 5-door.

The one LAP started developing.

Yea I thought so, that was the next logical choice I thought, and would look the best of the three options. Will be interesting to see what it looks like, as all the current TCR cars look mighty mean and beefy. Yet to see a genuinely ugly or bad looking TCR machine thinking about it actually.

Yea I thought so, that was the next logical choice I thought, and would look the best of the three options. Will be interesting to see what it looks like, as all the current TCR cars look mighty mean and beefy. Yet to see a genuinely ugly or bad looking TCR machine thinking about it actually.
That's because if it's an ugly TCR, it's not because it's a TCR. It's because it's an ugly car in general. Can't really think of any realistic cars that would be ugly.

That's because if it's an ugly TCR, it's not because it's a TCR. It's because it's an ugly car in general. Can't really think of any realistic cars that would be ugly.

Well good point actually, suppose your right, looking at it that way. What I love though about the TCR regs, is the that they look and feel like an evolved form of the BTCC's NGTC regs, only on some some stronger steroids instead, it's brilliant :lol:.

And ironically, both have attracted great interest, and equally great racing really 💡.

Can say that again, will certainly shake thinks up for tomorrow. Not that they need to be at Knockhill, as it has always produced great racing.

I prefer the NGTC cars tbh.

And to be honest I generally do to, just prefer the look of them most of the time, they look more "honest" without be over the top with a mad body-kit. Though there could be an element of bias towards the BTCC :lol:.

I have a number of racing drivers following me on Twitter. I have sent a tweet to them all asking who they think will win the BTCC title and Mike Bushell thinks Ash Sutton as BMR have been strong in every department. I am yet to hear from Rob Huff, Tom Boardman, Jordan Batts, Rob Tinker (who works for AMD Tuning) and Rob Austin. I have Michael Epps on Instagram.

Alfa Romeo returning to BTCC with the Giulietta. How long till they push the NGTC costs up with sneaky mods? :P Partnering with Rob Austin Racing. Will be classified as Independent entry, but car is supported by UK Alfa Dealers.

DIOmQPtWsAIooCL.jpg

~~~~~~~SPOILERS~~~~~~~

James Cole is a BTCC Winner. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back