Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just about to pop on to post about this, sounds like an epic plan to me. At roughly twice the race distance normally; so what, 24 Laps ?

Should be interesting, given race 3 is usually "busy" at the best of times, but it becomes a mini endurance with 24 laps. The lack of ballast and base weight quali should shake it up too.

Won’t the RWD cars win easily due to tyre wear?

If it rains, would the FWD cars then have the advantage?

Edit: I remember that night race vividly. Awesome time in BTCC history.

Why not, I quite like Snett, almost always produces great racing, more so with the tracks current layout.

Won’t the RWD cars win easily due to tyre wear?

If it rains, would the FWD cars then have the advantage?

Not really, or at least none more so than with the normal race format. After all, all cars will be affected by the tyre wear at the same, so would imagine none of them would use the soft option tyre, would guess it'd me all use the same compound.

The other way to do it could be a mandatory pit-stop at some point in the race, a la the older format. Though I don't think you'd need to, should be fine as it is, would just mean race 3 becomes more of a tactical battle.

Just imagine if it was a night race too :drool:.

All these years, I didn't know it was a Prodrive Honda

Yup - MSD from 1995-1996. They then took over the Peugeot programme 1997-1998.
Prodrive 1997-1998. They then took Ford from 1999-2000 in a swap with WSR, who took the Mk6 Honda which was built by Fosstech.

Imagine, instead of gtplanet members buying the latest video game, we all bought one of these:
https://motorsport.hyundai.com/orders-open-for-i30-n-tcr-customers/

Even if, instead of some members buying a $500 XOX, that money went to the i30 TCR fund. I don't know what team would run it or which driver, but maybe in the new USA TCR. A GT Academy finalist pilots it. I don't know. Would be awesome to be part of. I'd give $100(Euro or USD) to make it happen.

Oh yesssssss
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017/11/14/first-order-placed-renault-megane-tcr/
Pic-Comm-IV.jpeg

Best looking TCR. I need this in PC2.

All he had to do was get a T8 Commodore, slap on some Castrol stickers and slot back in to S2. Oh well, he wants to aim for the stars. First punt into the sand at Brands Hatch, ought to wake(or shake) him up.

SMS nailed the handling of the TCR cars in PC2. Tail out, inner rear wheel lifting, just like the real thing. I need to try the Opel again and compare times.

Pretty much called it, this will be fantastic. I cannot wait.

TCR International is the best front drive touring car racing and in a couple years will probably be the best touring car racing full stop.

So, how long does everyone think until the WTCC amalgamates with TCRIS? I give it until all the close to being done cars are on track with a team running them plus a year. I know the FIA are rather stuck up about "we have to come up with it to consider running it" but my god, manufacturers are jumping in left, right, and centre. It's like those home videos where a kid breaks open a piñata and all the other kids scramble and jump on the candy, while the FIA is standing there clueless and still blindfolded.

Actually thought the TC1 cars were pretty cool, but they're clearly too expensive to run for touring car racing (or if you're not Citroen, either one). I was one of those looking forward to a TC1/TCR grid for this season before the WTCC changed their mind. The only worry I have is if factory cars and teams start popping up in TCR, which I don't think will be good in the long run. I do think the merger is a good thing, though, so we'll see what happens.

The only worry I have is if factory cars and teams start popping up in TCR, which I don't think will be good in the long run.
Isn't the i30 built by the "factory" in Germany? However, Renault(Vukovic Motorsport) and Honda(JAS) don't build their cars. The Hyundai also seems like a factory team.

Isn't the i30 built by the "factory" in Germany? However, Renault(Vukovic Motorsport) and Honda(JAS) don't build their cars. The Hyundai also seems like a factory team.
The factories build the cars. They just don't have factory teams so to speak. The Hyundai team racing at the moment doesn't score points and is solely about testing the cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back