Tourist Trophy: The Real Riding Simulator, General info and discussion

• Thread starter zonekill
  • 628 comments
If it's on PS2 it has to be based somewhat on the GT4 engine. Like a few people have already posted, I don't know much about bikes but this does look interesting.

Although if it's confirmed to have Nürburgring (I can't see why not, the only issue is licencing again) it will have to be a definite purchase.

wow, well, this can be very good after all though... i was thinking of the tuning options and stuff! :D and I saw that Suzuki Hajabusa was confirmed (my fav bike) so I'll probably buy this, will be great in whaiting for GT5 too!!! :D

Ok, please clear me up on this.

1. Is this "Tourist Trophy" made by PD?

and if so,

2. Is this "Tourist Trophy" going to be something like a Gran Turismo except based around bikes?

and if the above is true,

3. How is PD going to create bike physics realistically?

Sorry if these questions are noobish. :indiff:

Duck7892

Duck7892
Ok, please clear me up on this.

1. Is this "Tourist Trophy" made by PD?

and if so,

2. Is this "Tourist Trophy" going to be something like a Gran Turismo except based around bikes?

and if the above is true,

3. How is PD going to create bike physics realistically?

Sorry if these questions are noobish. :indiff:

Duck7892
1. yes

2. yes

3. they r the best ;)

jumpputt
What kind of "cockpit" could you build for this?
You can buy an old bike at a junk yard (guessing it'll be cheaper then buying a used car), remove the older handlebars, and insert the HDF!

And if you have the time, set it up so you can lean to the left and/or right... BRILLIANT!

As I've stated in my last post, some of us may have some video game and real life experience with motorcycles. I myself don't openly consider myself a motorcycle fan, but I really don't mind motorcycles. I'm more of a car guy as I have very little knowledge of motorcycles. All I know about motorcylces is that I sometimes see several different motorcycles on the road when me and my parents hit the road. I hear and see some SWEET Harley-Davidson cruisers. I don't think we're going to see Harleys or anything like that, but it should be a good deal for those into two-wheelers.

I can think of some companies with motorcycles. Here are some of the ones I really know (superbikes and sport bikes only, as I am not sure cruisers will make it) are Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Ducati, Aprillia (correct spelling?), and that's about all I know. There are some I'm not sure of, but for the most part, that's all I know about companies who made motorcycles. I can tell you that motorcylces aren't going to cost as much as an LMP in GT4, though there may be some expensive rides, namely the racing bikes.

Just thinking about motorcycle racing with a PD-made game is really making me imagine. Some of you may know that I have a broad imagination, and I'm thinking about if motorcycles been around since GT1. I can imagine Grand Valley with some great racing, Apricot Hill would be a good track as it's more like a Formula 1 course, Tahiti Road would be a breeze to race around, all the World Circuits in GT4 (except Nurburgring Nordschleife and (maybe) Le Mans), and perhaps even envisioning bikes racing around Tokyo R246 and Rome Circuit. Let me tell you. It would be very interesting to watch these two-wheeled rockets on all sorts of courses.

Here's a question I have for you all to share. If Polyphony Digital came up with an exclusive race track for motorcycle racing action, which would be the best pick:
A.) The Isle of Man TT
B.) Assen
C.) Spa-Francorchamps
D.) the Bugatti Circuit
E.) None of the above (specify with a post)

After watching some bike races on Grand Prix Legends on Speedvision, I think it's gotta be Spa. I really hope it's on the next GT game, too.

Japan-only title or not, it's pretty interesting. As I have heard, the reason why America (and maybe some other countries) don't get such PD-made games is perhaps because they don't want people to confuse GT games from little intermediates. It would look nice in America. Especially for all or us into motorcycles and motorcycle racing. In addition, don't expect a potential new franchise to go completely flat-out. Why so? You make your first game. After you make that game, it's all a learning process if you wish to continue the franchise. You ALWAYS build off of what the last game offered to make the sequel/prequel hot.

Having said that, I don't think we're going to see 500 motorcylces represented (commercial and competition) in this game. Of course, look at the end of my previous post for my little discussion question I brought up.

But to answer my own question on if PD included an exclusive race track, if I had to choose, I'd say it would be a toss-up. I don't think I've seen several bikes racing at once at the Isle of Man TT. I've seen mostly 4 or 5 race around this British Isle with the track at more than 36 miles. And you know me. Stupidly long courses aren't my specialty or what I enjoy seeing. The only reason why I included that choice is because it's one of the most popular race tracks for motorcycle racing. That leaves me with Assen and Spa-Francorchamps. I know Spa-Francorchamps more (by the way, am I the only one who calls this track "Spa-Francorchamps" than just "Spa?") only because F1 races it. Assen is basically steeped in motorcycle racing history. When I've seen MotoGP mentioning Assen, I keep hearing that it has so much motorcycle racing history. It's almost as if sportscars are to Le Mans as motorcycles are to Assen. So, I'd really be torn between Spa-Francorchamps and Assen.

By the way, not to push things, but it would be interesting if Suzuka was in the game, especially the 8 Hours of Suzuka.

Layzie
Maybe they'll make a Handlebar Force Pro!

And I hope a Dodge Tomahawk makes an appearance ;)
Yeah, but again, NO!
You can't even turn with the Tomahawk. I would hate it if they make into the game.

German Muscle
i guess im the only one who saw its a Japan Only title.

And them maybe they'll think "Let's release it in Europe as well! May be good for me, but I'm glad not to be American to be honest.

Anyway, that aside, looks like a great game 👍 . I'm more into cars really, but I do like motorcycles to an extent, particually sports bikes and such. In the same way the first GT games extended my interest in motorsport, this may have me paying more attention to motorcycles. As mentioned, the bikes and their movements look realistic in the video.

I just hope it get's released in Europe as well, if not worldwide.

Time will only tell.This may only be a Japan only to just test the waters and see how well it goes over. And remember they are probably watching many of the boards, like this one, looking for reactions by the public. This may be the last major push on the PS2 Platform while they ready everything for the PS3.

They would already have the gravity created from GT4 and the settings, all they should have to do is plug in the bikes and change the minor details. Now here's something that would really trip out some members here. GT4 pushed every limit: 3 24 hour races, several 4-9 hour races. Several different courses which they now have the contracts on. Super bikes at Laguna anyone? But the major kicker could be The full range of the Dakar: 4WD, Trucks, and Bikes on GT5? All a grand scheme of PD's to test the waters and make a better product. GT5 will be so-so, TT will be so-so, GT6 could have everything combined?

When you think about it, it's a very smart move to make a bike game.

They have a pretty good physics engine, very good reputation, ready-tracks like Tsukuba and Laguna seca, that are motorcycle-orientated anyways, why not just make another game?

I would imagine they'll release it here as well. No reason not to.

I've never been that big on motorcycle racing, but I did play MotoGP back in the day, and quite enjoyed it. And since Polyphony can do no wrong, this is probably a game well worth having. It'll be odd not using the DFP on a racing game, though.. lol.

JohnBM01
Here's a question I have for you all to share. If Polyphony Digital came up with an exclusive race track for motorcycle racing action, which would be the best pick:
A.) The Isle of Man TT
B.) Assen
C.) Spa-Francorchamps
D.) the Bugatti Circuit
E.) None of the above (specify with a post)

Manx please. 👍

this is the mountain track:

TTmap-big.gif

As some one mentioned above that they should have track from GT4, I totally disagree. Most of the tracks doesn't even match for a motorcycle. They better have some real race tracks! And I don't want nurburgring in it. Just real race tracks and maybe if they can come up with some good track that they make by themselfs, should be pretty good. I wouldn't mind atleast they fall off the bike. No damage is needed. Would pretty useless. And I hope that make some racing cutomaziton as well, and hope they can make the AI good and more then 15 opponents at the same time ;)

Cosmic
..I don't want nurburgring in it. Just real race tracks...

Um.. The Nürburgring IS a real race track. And it's actually quite popular with motorcycle riders.. on the open weekends, there are just as many bikes out there as there are cars.

Me, I'd be miffed if they didn't have the 'Ring.

I would like to see the TT track in game. Also I have never brought a motorbike game, but I be sure to buy this as long as they have TVR's first bike in it.

Also I think they should put these real life champs in game:

World SuperBikes
Isle Of Man TT
British Superbikes
Moto GP

With all there tracks.

Jedi2016
Um.. The Nürburgring IS a real race track. And it's actually quite popular with motorcycle riders.. on the open weekends, there are just as many bikes out there as there are cars.

Me, I'd be miffed if they didn't have the 'Ring.

Bah. I know I know......but i still wouldn't like it. And there is too many bumps at Nurbrugring in GT4 that a motorcycle would not handle at high speed.💡
But I wouldn't really mind if they put it in. Could be fun tought! :dopey:

So that's why....IMO ;)

Cosmic
Bah. I know I know......but i still wouldn't like it. And there is too many bumps at Nurbrugring in GT4 that a motorcycle would not handle at high speed.💡

So that's why....IMO ;)

The Nordschleife is even more SCARY on a Motorbike! :nervous: :scared:

But PD must put it in!!

wow! finaly saw the trailer! did I saw a Suzuki Katana? cool if :) anyway that has to be the best looking MC game ever!!!

Cosmic

So that's why....IMO ;)

you do know people still ride around the nordschiefe on bikes anyway, in real life, at silly speeds?? :dunce:

Back