Tourist Trophy: The Real Riding Simulator, General info and discussion

• Thread starter zonekill
  • 628 comments
As long as Phillip Island is included, all will be well. I can’t wait to be able to compare my virtual and real life track times.

Edit:
I’ve just watched the video and it appears that the human physics work undertaken for GT4 has certainly payed off. Wonderful! :drool:

NEW "Images" added to first post! 👍

I have taken it from the PS JP press .pdf
Don't know (since I cant read japanese) if there is new info revealed in it?

GT + Bikes = TT :sly:

I've got mixed feelings. The game looks fantastic, and if it is the GT4 engine with bikes then I'll take a copy and two more for friends that'll go nuts over it.

The thing that will really make or break the game is the control. Motorcycling is raw - you sit on top of an engine with two wheels. You use your arms to steer, your wrist to accelerate, your fingers for clutch and brake, legs to move your weight around, feet to control gears and back brake. The trick is to get all that onto a joypad/controller.

To include loads of detail makes these games hard - GP500 on the PC was too realistic in simulation mode (it's very easy to fall off a bike) but using Sim mode controls was the only way to get decent lap times.

It will be a faux-pas to call the game Tourist Trophy without putting the TT circuit in it, but if it has a Triumph Daytona 955i (with realistic noise - *nothing*else car or bike sounds like these, and I love mine :D ) and the Ring in then I'll forgive them.

:drool: Can't wait! Awesome!
Nice update zonekill! 👍

*holding my thumbs for racing modifiications* :D

Edit : I hope they don't put all tracks from GT4 into Tourist Trophy. Would be pretty lame.

Mr Deap
No wonder why GT4 engine was so awkward....(sorry, for the hardcore fans of GT4).

You mean, because it's apparently very simple for them to just replace the cars with bikes? :lol:

Anyway, when I first heard about this game, I figured it was going to be just as disappointing as GT4, and only worth a purchase for the tracks and bikes. But I read the IGN article, and Kazunori Yamauchi isn't directing it!! :crazy:

Instead, a relatively new PD employee by the name of Takamasa Shichisawa, a bike lover with ten years of experience as an amateur bike racer, is directing it.

Maybe T.T. will be realistic after all...

...but considering the obvious fact that it's based on GT4's engine, that probably won't be true... :ouch:

This trailer is great. I had a chance to check out the 40-something second video of this. Tourist Trophy looks pretty good from what I've seen. I think this is a well-done job by all involved in making this upcoming title.

When I had a chance to see things in action, it was lovely. I hope it's not offensive for me to say this, but I was thinking GT with bikes. But this isn't like Midnight Club 2 or something where it can be cars vs. bikes. This is all you-know-what rockets speedfreaking on two wheels. I'm actually quite shocked to see motorcycles rolling around GT4 tracks and all. Why shocked? More like a weird dream came true, even if it's just a trailer. I didn't make a wish list or petition for PD to put in motorcycles, but just imagining Gran Turismo courses with a good number of cool motorcycles. And damn it, it's lovely! I'll sure like to see more videos and get more news on this game... even if it never makes it outside of Japan.

I'll hand PD my two thumbs up... 👍 👍 Now that my fingers are back on the keyboard typing up this post, this Tourist Trophy deal has a bright future for it. It has a future brighter than Las Vegas or Tokyo at night.

JohnBM01
And damn it, it's lovely! I'll sure like to see more videos and get more news on this game... even if it never makes it outside of Japan.

You can be certain that the game will be released into markets outside of Japan. Though I’ll be importing the NTSC/J version that will be available on 31st of Dec. I had GT4 before the 31st Dec 2004…here’s hoping that my luck continues. :D

So which thread are we using to talk about the game? :D

That scan on the first page has some interesting pics of the game. On the ingame images you can see the display is just like GT´s, only a bit different. Too bad there´s only two bikes racing there, but you can see they are really using GT4 tracks and engine. That´s good because it means the game will really be ready by the end of the year, no release dates pushed forward hopefully. :)

All they need to do is take off the cars and put lots of bikes in it, change the layout a bit, tweak the phisics and there you go. And like Samberto I might get the Japanese version depending on the US release date.

FatAssBR
So which thread are we using to talk about the game? :D

Zonekill’s thread is certainly the superior of the two. Though as I mentioned in the other thread, Duke is working on providing us with a dedicated TT space. I wonder if most members are even aware of this new game from PD- I’d certainly never checked the PS2 forum before TT.

Cosmic
They better realese it worldwide! :grumpy: 💡
All I can say is - DMS4pro + ToxicOS 0.1 and a Harddrive.. If they make it a Japanese only release, I'll be the incriminating myself... Badly...

Man - This is going to be AWESOME !...

And Ohhh MY - ZX10R + NoS + Nurburgring = Instant Fun Overdose !...

I missed out riding a zx10r at the weekend through sleeping in (doh!) but by all accounts a zx10r + nitrous would = flip in no short order. The gsxr1000 is a wheelie monster, and apparently the 10r is even more so.

Around the ring? Are you mad?

All this sounds great but one thing does scare me.........and that it the fact......

THAT IT MAYBE EXACTLY GT4 BUT WITH BIKES!!!!!! .........and im talking exactly the same........same tracks, no new stuff, same annoying AI.......etc etc.....

How bad would that be.....if they didnt have any new features (well apart from the fact its bikes)......you need tracks like the isle of man tt to make this game compete with the likes of estabished biking games like Moto GP......

christofire
I missed out riding a zx10r at the weekend through sleeping in (doh!) but by all accounts a zx10r + nitrous would = flip in no short order. The gsxr1000 is a wheelie monster, and apparently the 10r is even more so.

Around the ring? Are you mad?

No - Which is why I'd love to do it in TT - Mad would be to do it in real life :-)

Robin 2223
All this sounds great but one thing does scare me.........and that it the fact......

THAT IT MAYBE EXACTLY GT4 BUT WITH BIKES!!!!!! .........and im talking exactly the same........same tracks, no new stuff, same annoying AI.......

Except for the AI - What's the problem ?....

Samberto
Zonekill’s thread is certainly the superior of the two. Though as I mentioned in the other thread, Duke is working on providing us with a dedicated TT space. I wonder if most members are even aware of this new game from PD- I’d certainly never checked the PS2 forum before TT.

Yes :sly: 💡 , and that is the reason I posted it in the GT5 forum! :sly:

Robin 2223
THAT IT MAYBE EXACTLY GT4 BUT WITH BIKES!!!!!! .........and im talking exactly the same........same tracks, no new stuff, same annoying AI.......etc etc....

Famitsu reported that TT will feature non GT courses. This is interesting, as the new courses will most likely show up in the next GT instalment. There was also talk last year that the PD crew visited Phillip Island…I remain hopeful.

Fantastic stuff...

By far the best 'simulation' so far is GP500 by Microprose.

It would be interesting to see how it 'feels' as with a car, there is just the input of accel, brake, steering.

With a bike, obviously body position plays a big part, and this IMO can make or break it :)

did anyone notice customizable rider outfits?
helmet4fa.jpg

im a big fan of anything i can dive and race, so bikes beign one of my loves (to watch), this game is welcome new as im getting a little bored with GT4, also dose anyone know if Photomode has been confirmed for TT?

As for tracks, the Ilse of Mann course will probably be left out and so will alot of long circuts, as they had all on getting The ring in GT4 and with the prospect of having more than six biks on screen im guessing they are going to need all the extra juice they can get.

Back