Tourist Trophy: The Real Riding Simulator, General info and discussion

• Thread starter zonekill
  • 628 comments
This will be one of the handful bike games that interested me. The other three titles were Excite Bike, Mach Rider and Hang On(SEGA).

christofire
I missed out riding a zx10r at the weekend through sleeping in (doh!) but by all accounts a zx10r + nitrous would = flip in no short order. The gsxr1000 is a wheelie monster, and apparently the 10r is even more so.

Around the ring? Are you mad?

Apparently many, many, many, many people are "mad." The Nürburgring is well-known as being one of the world's top biker destinations. When I went there myself, most of the other traffic consisted of motorcycles.

a6m5
This will be one of the handful bike games that interested me. The other three titles were Excite Bike, Mach Rider and Hang On(SEGA).

Those games were awesome! :) 👍

Those games are great but if you've gone that long without playing a bike game your missing out.
Try SBK2001 or GP500 for the PC or TT Superbikes for the PS2. right now those are the best bike games out at the moment....IMO of course.
If you want to try GP500 or SBK2001 online please contact me. It's tought to find other bike racers online.

Drillah
Those games are great but if you've gone that long without playing a bike game your missing out.
I know. Those are all from the NES(and Master System) days, and I was just making a point(I really did like them though). :P Bike games doens't interest me, but "T.T." is so similar to Gran Turismo, that I would consider it.

Wolfe2x7
Apparently many, many, many, many people are "mad." The Nürburgring is well-known as being one of the world's top biker destinations. When I went there myself, most of the other traffic consisted of motorcycles.

I was on the Nurburgring on 1st September this year, the weather was fine and this was enough for more than 180 bikers to race some hours. And i would like to see some normal bike to identify with like my ducati monster. MotoGP could be a bonus but necessary.

sprite
did anyone notice customizable rider outfits?
helmet4fa.jpg

im a big fan of anything i can dive and race, so bikes beign one of my loves (to watch), this game is welcome new as im getting a little bored with GT4, also dose anyone know if Photomode has been confirmed for TT?

As for tracks, the Ilse of Mann course will probably be left out and so will alot of long circuts, as they had all on getting The ring in GT4 and with the prospect of having more than six biks on screen im guessing they are going to need all the extra juice they can get.

No, I dont think that image displays customizable rider outfits. There is just an array of Arai helmets you can choose from.

zonekill
No, I dont think that image displays customizable rider outfits. There is just an array of Arai helmets you can choose from.
According to the article, it says you can choose different models and colors of helmets, gloves, boots and riding suits from array of brands. :)

Wolfe2x7

I wouldn't say going to the ring on a bike is mad - we all need our kicks, and I'd like to go myself, but only after a trip or two in the car first. :)

What I was saying was mad is a ZX10R + nitrous + ring. Well, just the bike and nitrous would be pretty mad. If the bikes are modelled realistically I don't know how you'd keep it from flipping. If you're not giving it 100% throttle when you go on NoS, what's the point of NoS? :)

with that much power being applied instantly at full throttle the rear tire would spin in most cases..an inexperienced rider would flip it every time, you've got to move your body weight around to keep the front down and let the rear spin...or ease off the throttle.

FatAssBR
Hey a6m5, could you translate that whole article for us? Please? :D
I would, but I gotta go to work. If there's anything interesting in the article, maybe tonight. ;)

thunder33611
I was on the Nurburgring on 1st September this year, the weather was fine and this was enough for more than 180 bikers to race some hours. And i would like to see some normal bike to identify with like my ducati monster. MotoGP could be a bonus but necessary.

I too have a ducati monster and would love to see some 'normal' bikes in there. If it is anything like the main series though I don't think we have anything to fear (aside from weird liscnecing issues)

from IGN:

"The final selection will include a small number of motorcycles from the 80s, although 70% will be from the 90s to the present. Although the above makers are all Japanese, the final game will feature European bikes as well. "

:)

FatAssBR
Hey a6m5, could you translate that whole article for us? Please? :D

Yeah, that would be great a6m5.
I will add it to the start post.

a6m5
According to the article, it says you can choose different models and colors of helmets, gloves, boots and riding suits from array of brands.

Thats what I wrote, you can choose from the colors the brand uses but not your own colors! I think... :)

a6m5
I would, but I gotta go to work. If there's anything interesting in the article, maybe tonight. ;)
Ahh, that’s better- it feels like the old days waiting for GT4. I’m endeavouring to get my hands on the famitsu article, so I’ll be doing some pestering of my own.:D

I didn't see anything groundbreaking in the article, but I'll just highlight the interesting parts(there isn't much):

The control of the bikes will be affected by the "riding form" of the rider.

It will feature from scooters(mopeds) to "monster bikes".

In the interview, KY recalls how he wanted to make a bike game someday. When GT4 was finished, he figured it was the right oppotunity for the P.D. to make the game. Then he talks about how motorcycle racing is so different from the automobile racing, and he wants to show the uniqueness of motorcycle racing. KY also says that he "knocked" on the automobile culture with the GT Series and lot of people responded. Now he wants to do the same to the motorcycle culture, and he can't wait to see how people will respond to it.

Sorry I was kinda in a hurry, but now I gotta get to the basketball court in 12 minutes!! :scared:

Hmm...looks like IGN's preview was just a summary of the Japanese article. IGN didn't mention the mopeds, "monster" bikes, or "riding form," though...

And actually, it isn't Yamauchi who's directing TT...

Wolfe2x7
...when I first heard about this game, I figured it was going to be just as disappointing as GT4, and only worth a purchase for the tracks and bikes. But I read the IGN article, and Kazunori Yamauchi isn't directing it!! :crazy:

Instead, a relatively new PD employee by the name of Takamasa Shichisawa, a bike lover with ten years of experience as an amateur bike racer, is directing it.

Maybe T.T. will be realistic after all...

...but considering the obvious fact that it's based on GT4's engine, that probably won't be true... :ouch:

Samberto
Ahh, that’s better- it feels like the old days waiting for GT4. I’m endeavouring to get my hands on the famitsu article, so I’ll be doing some pestering of my own.:D
Holy cow! Is Famitsu still around? I used to love that magazine, when I was a kid. :)

FatAssBR
Thanks man, and have fun on the court.
Anytime, and yes, I did. Thanks! :D

Wolfe2x7
And actually, it isn't Yamauchi who's directing TT...
Right. The guy in the photo of the interview, right next to Yamauchi, he's the director. The article says KY is the Producer, and Shichisawa(director) is the guy who told KY that he wanted to make a bike game and got him interested in the idea.

Cosmic
Is there any news of wich tracks will be in TT?
Not in the original article, but I don't know how old that is....

In the world I would say. At least in Brazilian forums people always take Famitsu's reviews over any other magazines' or websites'.

sprite
did anyone notice customizable rider outfits? im a big fan of anything i can dive and race, so bikes beign one of my loves (to watch), this game is welcome new as im getting a little bored with GT4, also dose anyone know if Photomode has been confirmed for TT?

Yeah photomode for bikes would rock. Mono pics will be awsome :dopey:

If it lives up to moto gp on xbox, I’ll be getting a copy. Any ideas on release dates for the different regions? Did they mention it at the TGS?

Back