Toyota 86 • Subaru BRZ/Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 83 comments
The car slides to much grrrr

Try a different tune. Slow down your entry a little and go for smooth. Smooth is fast.
Great tune @Johnnypenso, your's and @GTP_CargoRatt tunes are getting roughly the same times for me. My newest best for 2nd is with CargoRatt's tune :)
Hard to believe, I figured I'd be a half second behind at least without the wing. Good to know though:tup:

Try a different tune. Slow down your entry a little and go for smooth. Smooth is fast.

Hard to believe, I figured I'd be a half second behind at least without the wing. Good to know though:tup:

Like I said, you are a tuning genius. :bowdown: I can only dream to be half as good as you, in both tuning and driving, you are the man around here. :bowdown:

Like I said, you are a tuning genius. :bowdown: I can only dream to be half as good as you, in both tuning and driving, you are the man around here. :bowdown:
LOL...I was more referring to the effect of the wing...free downforce and all that. Did you try it without the wing? Was there a difference in top speed? Lap times? Tuning with a wing is foreign to me, I never used them in GT5 because it took away HP and just never adapted in GT6. I think I used it in one seasonal tune. Looks like you loosened up the rear mechanical grip with negative toe to get it to rotate better and used the wing for more stability..correct?

LOL...I was more referring to the effect of the wing...free downforce and all that. Did you try it without the wing? Was there a difference in top speed? Lap times? Tuning with a wing is foreign to me, I never used them in GT5 because it took away HP and just never adapted in GT6. I think I used it in one seasonal tune. Looks like you loosened up the rear mechanical grip with negative toe to get it to rotate better and used the wing for more stability..correct?

Yes, I tried your tune and all I can say is we are miles apart on how we want/like the car to handle...driving styles. I won't review your tune because I think it would be a bit unfair due to our differing driving styles, but I will say I couldn't even come close to my PB with your tune. Again, this is just due to our differing styles as I never really felt comfortable with your tune. Having said this though, you really can't argue with the masses in regards to your tuning, which is why I said what I did above. You are all the rage my man, right up there with @Motor City Hami , @praiano63 , and the rest of the big dogs. :bowdown:

EDIT: Oh, I can't forget the girl in Pink also. 👍 She can also turn some wrenches. :bowdown: When that girl speaks, people listen...gotta respect that. 👍

Yes, I tried your tune and all I can say is we are miles apart on how we want/like the car to handle...driving styles. I won't review your tune because I think it would be a bit unfair due to our differing driving styles, but I will say I couldn't even come close to my PB with your tune. Again, this is just due to our differing styles as I never really felt comfortable with your tune. Having said this though, you really can't argue with the masses in regards to your tuning, which is why I said what I did above. You are all the rage my man, right up there with @Motor City Hami , @praiano63 , and the rest of the big dogs. :bowdown:
Dude, you are the big dog now. You are the King of Seasonal Tunes, you are the go to guy for all the Seasonals now:bowdown::bowdown:

Dude, you are the big dog now. You are the King of Seasonal Tunes, you are the go to guy for all the Seasonals now:bowdown::bowdown:

No, not true at all. The only reason that people use my tunes is because I'm one of the few that post my tunes here, not a very wide selection to choose from. If you and the rest of the big garages posted tunes here, then I would fade away into darkness....people would totally forget about me. All I am is just a fill in, substitute if you will. And you know, I'm totally fine with that because in the process, I'm meeting a lot of cool people and making some good friends, so its all good and I am totally fine with that. My situation here is like my rankings on the leaderboards....some stupid noob has to take over while the big dogs are away. :lol: Don't get me wrong, I love helping people and am totally blown away by all the compliments and really appreciate them, but at the end of the day, I am just the substitute....the real deals will be back soon enough. 👍 (Probably after the Academy)

No, not true at all. The only reason that people use my tunes is because I'm one of the few that post my tunes here, not a very wide selection to choose from. If you and the rest of the big garages posted tunes here, then I would fade away into darkness....people would totally forget about me. All I am is just a fill in, substitute if you will. And you know, I'm totally fine with that because in the process, I'm meeting a lot of cool people and making some good friends, so its all good and I am totally fine with that. My situation here is like my rankings on the leaderboards....some stupid noob has to take over while the big dogs are away. :lol: Don't get me wrong, I love helping people and am totally blown away by all the compliments and really appreciate them, but at the end of the day, I am just the substitute....the real deals will be back soon enough. 👍 (Probably after the Academy)
Explain this then:

My newest best for 2nd is with CargoRatt's tune :)

I assume Lloyd means second overall..as in the world? With your tune. The world!!! Substitute tuner my
smiley-taunt005.gif
!!

Explain this then:

I assume Lloyd means second overall..as in the world? With your tune. The world!!! Substitute tuner my
smiley-taunt005.gif
!!

He's an alien, he could have done it with most anyone's tune....you know the whole adaptation thing you speak of in your sermons'. :lol: Anyway, this isn't about me. Its more about the great people that do use my tunes, they are the ones that deserve the credit here, not me. My tuning is just a small part of the equation, its the drivers that are the bigger part of it all, they are the true hero's here. :bowdown:

EDIT: See, even @hall90 agrees with me. 👍 Just holding down the fort till the big dogs roll back in. :)

Last edited:
He's an alien, he could have done it with most anyone's tune....you know the whole adaptation thing you speak of in your sermons'. :lol: Anyway, this isn't about me. Its more about the great people that do use my tunes, they are the ones that deserve the credit here, not me. My tuning is just a small part of the equation, its the drivers that are the bigger part of it all, they are the true hero's here. :bowdown:

EDIT: See, even @hall90 agrees with me. 👍 Just holding down the fort till the big dogs roll back in. :)
You are way to modest my friend :bowdown:
I have drawn great inspiration from yourself , and not to forget my sparring partner Lisanorm :D

Your tunes and tips have seen me improve out of sight in the last 3 months :bowdown:
I think you , cargoratt deserve a special honour on GTP for your stellar contribution to the GTP community. :)
I can't thank you enough.
:cheers:

Well said Joel
You are way to modest my friend :bowdown:
I have drawn great inspiration from yourself , and not to forget my sparring partner Lisanorm :D

Your tunes and tips have seen me improve out of sight in the last 3 months :bowdown:
I think you , cargoratt deserve a special honour on GTP for your stellar contribution to the GTP community. :)
I can't thank you enough.
:cheers:

Well said Joel..👍 Yes CARGO you do a great job for all :cheers:👍:bowdown:

Added a time zone table for the Seasonal to the OP.

There are a few countries listed that do not have GTP members…
…and probably a few not listed that do have GTP members.

I also used @eran0004 's How big is GT Academy in your country thread...
...and @UnoMOTO 's The GTPlanet world map thread for reference.

I tried to include country representation for all time zones…
…but its impossible to list all, and keep the table manageable.

Please PM me if you notice something that needs correction/editing…
…or if your country is not included, if possible, I will try to add.

And finally, big thanks to a fellow GTPer (you know who you are) who asked for no public credit.

Last edited:
It looks like the anniversary edition maybe the fastest car after all. I had been using the regular version, then shaved off .300 sec with the AE. Noticed this morning that the leader switched too and increased his lead. Has less power but is lighter, a little more torque and slightly better power to weight ratio. Enough to improve times anyway. Praiano has a tune for it, but I used cargo's 86 gt tune (minus most of the power upgrades) and it worked fine.

set up toyota gt86 -12
change oil
aero kit
120 98
2.56 4.25
5 7
4 5
7 7
0.00 0.00
-0.4 0.09

brake 7 6

final gear 2.500
speed 240 kmh
1 5.989
2 3.737
3 2.880
4 2.291
5 1.906
6 1.732

lsd 10/9/10

all improvements less turbo
all weight reductions

ballast 65kg +50

Downforce (F/R): +10

set up toyota gt86 -12
change oil
aero kit
120 98
2.56 4.25
5 7
4 5
7 7
0.00 0.00
-0.4 0.09

brake 7 6

final gear 2.500
speed 240 kmh
1 5.989
2 3.737
3 2.880
4 2.291
5 1.906
6 1.732

lsd 10/9/10

all improvements less turbo
all weight reductions

ballast 65kg +50

Downforce (F/R): +10
Hi Roman what was your time with this set up ?:drool:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate brands hatch, and as of today, I'm demoting it to "worst track in the game", surpassing the streets of willow track, that previously held that spot.

Got an economical Gold medal with a lap time of 1:40.639 with the BRZ. Here are the following tuning parts/adjustments I used:

• RAYS 57 Ultimate wheels 1" up - 2500cr
  • Type B Aero Kit - 4250cr
  • Custom Wing - Type B - 3000cr
  • Twin-Plate Clutch Kit - 3100cr
  • Carbon Drive Shaft - 4100cr
  • Sports Computer - 1750cr
  • Stage 1 engine upgrade - 4500cr
  • Intake Tuning - 4450cr
  • Sports Exhaust - 1300cr
  • Isometric Exhaust Manifold - 3100cr
  • Catalytic Converter: Sports - 1250cr
  • Window Weight Reduction - 3000cr