• 765 comments

Race #7 Options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Browsing the world wide web earlier tonight I came across this;

mymotorsport2_zpskj1uissk.jpg~original

Oh my god...
That's pretty good actually! đź‘Ť
It's difficult to translate Japanese but I received an e-mail from their chief editor Shinji Nakano
and I think he might be interested in interviewing you, Mikey. He is fascinated of your speed on
the track and wants to know just what makes you tick. Again, I could be interpreting it incorrectly,
free translator engines are not the best in the world.

It's difficult to translate Japanese but I received an e-mail from their chief editor Shinji Nakano
and I think he might be interested in interviewing you, Mikey. He is fascinated of your speed on
the track and wants to know just what makes you tick. Again, I could be interpreting it incorrectly,
free translator engines are not the best in the world.
Is this for real or? :D

Just tagging you guys that have posted in the thread @o_OPaTricKO_o @qken @jammy21 @Aaroh007 @gkgamer @IfAndOr @bloodyboyblue
@rallymathie @MannYhAvitZ @bcd73 @buybon355 @Mikey24 @Wayne Gratiot @David Talle @kelrick85

I'm not asking that you report back, I only wanted to send out a reminder.
Things change and plans get altered so everyone probably won't make the race.
If you can't make it, tell your friends. :)

None of us are rookies here but I can still post these quick tips;

http://www.thetimenow.com/ a great and simple time converter. It's all there right away and there's no need to click on anything.
Qualifying is still scheduled to shortly after 20:00 GMT, as every race will be.

The Lobby is set up to hopefully prevent any disconnections and clearing your own system cache before the race will also help.

i1bqQaoW0r0ljO.jpg

We'll do a head count before qualifying commences so that everybody sees each other on the track.
I really hope there won't be any disconnections though.

Fight hard out there. But fight fair. đź‘Ť

Would like to join .
Hello Dimse, thanks for looking at the championship. You are welcome to join tomorrow.

If you haven't already done so, take a few minutes to read through the first page / post. All information should be there but if you're still wondering about something just ask me or one of the guys here.

Bye for now.

I will be in the club event lobby in just over one hour, improving what skills I have. You're welcome to join if you are reading this.

Hopefully you'll manage to get some practice in yourself, @Dimse91, if you are joining us tomorrow.

Later on today at 20:00 GMT @Aaroh007 will host races in his VW Beetle Club.
You can find his club in the Clubs & Leagues forum.

I've discovered that I am actually reasonably competitive at the nordschleife as long as it's a race among stock clio v6's...but since tomorrow isn't that I'll be back to my normal self at that track, struggling to stay out of people's way and trying to earn as many precious points as I can....should be fun....
Thanks, bbb.
I wanted every participant to score points so that's why even the 16th placed driver gets half a point. :)
I've seen other championships here at GTP only award points for the top 10. But imagine fighting as hard
as you can for an entire race and maybe finish eleventh or twelfth and have to go home empty-handed.
That's harsh.

I'll take what points I can as well, I feel great chasing somebody while I'm close behind but if I'm the one that is ahead I've
been known to buckle under the pressure. Ask @IfAndOr Right Paul?
The starts are always very exciting I think and I am normally quite cautious approaching turn 1.

I am actually reasonably competitive as long as it's a race among stock
It's the reason I made this championship with tuning prohibited. To get an even playing field or at least that everybody drives with the same specs.

...but if I'm the one that is ahead I've
been known to buckle under the pressure. Ask @IfAndOr Right Paul?
We've had a few battles. đź‘Ť
It's best not to look in your mirror. :)

The starts are always very exciting I think and I am normally quite cautious approaching turn 1
I never like the first corner. The lack of peripheral vision always make it a bit of a gamble on the outcome. I prefer to qualify down the field and hope to pick up the pieces/places.

I'm looking doubtful for tomorrow. My PS3 hasn't been on for 3+ weeks and my peddles are currently disconnected! Not ideal preparation.

You would have enjoyed shopping in one of the nationwide grocery chain of stores we had in the old days in Sweden then, Paul.
Konsum was everywhere and their old logo was a number eight on it's side. I'm sure @qken and @Team_SWE_1 remembers them too.
Can you spot the Beetle, @Aaroh007 ?

View attachment 337038 View attachment 337039 View attachment 337040

Hehe Jocke, I actually worked at Konsum from early 80´s until 1990 as a store manager the last years, then I started my own business together with my wife :dopey:

I prefer to qualify down the field and hope to pick up the pieces/places.
We share some of that strategy then. Usually I qualify pretty decent and get off the line fairly well, but a mistake usually creeps up and I
go off and have to let some drivers pass.
After that I'm free to pick up the pieces / places like you. :)
I'm looking doubtful for tomorrow.
Yes, but you will be there in spirit.
I actually worked at Konsum
Goofy worked at Konsum? That's great. :)
I never saw that Disney episode.
Did i saw @SmileyWRX somewhere here on the thread?! ;)
Cant wait to see a green lights tommorow!
I don't know if Smiley will join us or not but I also can't wait.

I hope for the best. No disconnections and no angry feelings between drivers after the race. đź‘Ť

I dont get it.
i see lots of you guys have driving times like 10.4something..?!?!
i was practicing yesterday and the day before,and i cant go under 11min?!?!? and i presume i am driving without any mistakes and with pretty good pace?!?
what can be my problem?
is it allowed to change transmission setup?
aeroparts??
:)

That's best advise - you should always look more forward than mirrors to stay on the track :)
It's best not to look in your mirror. :)

Just stock no tuning.
Do you brake hard - don't. Just let the car to run to corners and keep speed up.
what can be my problem?
aeroparts??

I dont get it.
i see lots of you guys have driving times like 10.4something..?!?!
i was practicing yesterday and the day before,and i cant go under 11min?!?!? and i presume i am driving without any mistakes and with pretty good pace?!?
what can be my problem?
aeroparts??
:)
Same question for me. I finally did a 10:49.xxx yesterday but went almost crazy!!! :crazy: :mad:
I can't believe I'm such a crap... Something's wrong somewhere...?... :confused: :odd:

Back