Toyota Corolla (E70) 1.3 1970

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 23 comments
United Kingdom
England
3.jpg

Iconic Japanese retro.

IMG_9958_1Rww_1.jpg

Cars like this already fill up the car list.
So? Practically all of the 70's to 90's JDM models you're talking about are 'standards' from GT4 that are soon to be lost. Besides, we don't have this car in particular.

And for the record, I would much prefer a TE71.

What about the AE86 COROLLA Levin? That was far newer than the KE
You're right 👍
I made the mistake of thinking purely as an Australian & made the reference regarding the local market only.
The KE71 was the last FR Corolla sold here & was replaced in 1983.
At the same time, the AE86 was released on the local market as the Toyota Sprinter but without the 1600cc DOHC engine or any of the other JDM goodies.

I rather have a KE70 with a 4AG yo xD and even better, a KE70 3-Door Wagon :P Swap AE86 stuff (rear axle, T50 Mission, and 4AG itself?) onto the KE70 and it's lighter at 910kg I believe (as bone stock?)

Here is Ueo's old Tomei 4AG equipped KE70 on the Touge

And Ueo's KE70 in action on Mobility Omuta

Last edited:
These were known as the Itsuki's Levin or formally as the AE85. Not very exciting just a 4AC motor however it only requires a 4AGE Head swap and your all good to go interms of power.
Many teams (Privateer I believe) in Japan mostly converted their AE85s to AE86s :)

These were known as the Itsuki's Levin or formally as the AE85. Not very exciting just a 4AC motor however it only requires a 4AGE Head swap and your all good to go interms of power.
Here it is. This is where Ueo converts his AE85 to AE86. By the way, Ueo ran with manual steering (GTV Manual Rack w/ Power Steering Knuckles which are shorter and give more lock + Tie-Rod spacers for 1260 steering range), manual brakes (eliminated the brake booster), and all the other mods are typical parts needed for drifting. :P AND rear end coilover conversion.

Last edited:
Back