Toyota ft-1 aka the forgotten car in Gr.x

• Thread starter Pururut
  • 33 comments
I do not understand why the FT-1 was put in GrX. Full stop. Especially when the Lexus car that came out in 2014 is pretty clearly loosely based on the same car and that's an N500 car, I think.

Massive waste of talent and resources.

lexus-lf-lc-gt-vision-gran-turismo-8-860x484.jpg

This is in GT Sport. It should be a Group 3 car.

The FT1 GT3 is a great car, out of the box.

No tuning it swamps in those random 10-30 lap enduros. I wish I could say the same about the Supra GR GT3.

The FT1 Gr.X should be no different but in what circumstances are we using this car?

ALL the cars in Gr.X are forgotten.:lol:
Well redbull is not forgotten. Their race appears on sport mode sometimes.
Gr.X is the most pointless grouping in GTS. Why are the pace cars in Gr.X? All the cars in Gr.X should have a home in another category.
Gr.X suppose to be a one-make class with cars that dont belong to any category. However Some cars dont deserve to be in Gr.x like Toyota Ft-1.

Gr.X suppose to be a one-make class with cars that dont belong to any category. However Some cars dont deserve to be in Gr.x like Toyota Ft-1.

It has the Diahatsu VGT and SRT VGT in the same group....There's absolutely no way to balance those cars against each other.

GT5 and GT6 had it better. Stick them in a class like the other cars. All we wanted was a flag for "prototypes" and "racecars" in server settings.

GTS single player has specific flags and I don't really understand why those options are left out of lobby settings.

It has the Diahatsu VGT and SRT VGT in the same group....There's absolutely no way to balance those cars against each other.
Agree.

GT5 and GT6 had it better. Stick them in a class like the other cars. All we wanted was a flag for "prototypes" and "racecars" in server settings.
Pp system had some flaws but allowed for multiclass races.

GTS single player has specific flags and I don't really understand why those options are left out of lobby settings.
I bet they removed it because of the classes we already have now.

I bet they removed it because of the classes we already have now.

I think you misunderstand my comment. In GT League, the events have more specific requirements, such as "race cars made prior to 1979" or the "Boxer Spirit" race that is limited to boxer engines.

I have been championing the idea of making the single player more multiplayer (or vice versa) because the limitation make the racing better. Why can't Race A be a Clubman cup race? BoP that thing and put a caps on what can enter.

I think you misunderstand my comment. In GT League, the events have more specific requirements, such as "race cars made prior to 1979" or the "Boxer Spirit" race that is limited to boxer engines.

I have been championing the idea of making the single player more multiplayer (or vice versa) because the limitation make the racing better. Why can't Race A be a Clubman cup race? BoP that thing and put a caps on what can enter.

Oh yeah It seems you misunderstanded you. About the more specific requirements that is not possible with the current bop adjustments. Imagine a race with 1970 or older car race. It will be filled with gt40s since anything apart from that car is literally trash. (Not including miura because not everyone have it.)

In my opinion we shouldn't even have "loose classes" like Gr.3 or Gr.X. We should have the real classifications of the cars, GT3 - GTE - LMP1 - VGT1 (seperate to LMP1!) - F1 - etc.

If that throws up licencing issues (you know it will), just make your own class names up but honour the car groupings. The LeMans McLaren F1 GTR going into GT3 is just weird.

For example, we need to have "GT500 2017" and "GT500 2006" not just Gr.2, so at the very least call it "Gr.2 - '17" or something.

/ rant :D

In my opinion we shouldn't even have "loose classes" like Gr.3 or Gr.X. We should have the real classifications of the cars, GT3 - GTE - LMP1 - VGT1 (seperate to LMP1!) - F1 - etc.

If that throws up licencing issues (you know it will), just make your own class names up but honour the car groupings. The LeMans McLaren F1 GTR going into GT3 is just weird.

For example, we need to have "GT500 2017" and "GT500 2006" not just Gr.2, so at the very least call it "Gr.2 - '17" or something.

/ rant :D
I think pd dont want much classes since it will take more work to balance them all seperately. They just put cars on same classes with similar performances and there you go. However Gr.x class is whole itself is a problem because those cars are practically useless.

Gr. X is an "overflow" class for cars that don't fit anywhere else, it's not supposed to be balanced. Think of Gr. X more as an "uncategorized" label than anything else.

That said, there are a lot of cars that don't belong in there. Most of the VGTs could be placed in the N classes, and I believe there's a couple that could fit in the various other racing groups that haven't been placed anywhere yet. The original un-modified concept VGTs (SRT, Bugatti, Peugeot, Audi, etc.) make sense since they're the original design put out by the manufacture. Perfectly appropriate because they weren't made to race anything that exists. Concepts or EVs (like the FT-1) also would also seem to fit just fine into N classes. Track cars (Zonda R, P1 GTR) should be in N classes too, since in GT they're exclusively being used on tracks. The '60s Le Mans race cars could already be in their own class, they're already of the same quantity of the original batch of GT500s. Maybe another class for the Ferrari GT0, Alfa, and Shelby Daytona, if not placements in the N-classes.

The only cars that really "belong" there are race cars that don't fit with other sets of cars (yet) or are largely one-offs or one makes, like the DB3S, formula cars, and kart(s).

Oh yeah It seems you misunderstanded you. About the more specific requirements that is not possible with the current bop adjustments. Imagine a race with 1970 or older car race. It will be filled with gt40s since anything apart from that car is literally trash. (Not including miura because not everyone have it.)

No, because neither the Miura nor the GT40 are "race cars". They are both street cars in this game. The P330, GT40MkII, etc., are the race cars. Whether BoP would work or not is a matter of opinion. Sure, the Ferrari 250 GTO might not hold it's own against a P330, but the Cobra Daytona would.

Either way, there's no reason why it has to be N class OR PP system. It should be PP system AND N class. In the example of the GR X classic race cars, the P330, GT40MKII, Cobra Daytona, etc, could be 550 PP/Race cars/Before 1979. If you want to race with the 250GTO, etc, drop the PP requirement to 450 or 500/race cars/before 1979

I don't know why they even delineate 1979. You could open that to any year limit.

It's not that hard to check boxes when setting up a server. THAT would be the perfect use of a companion app.

It would also still work with the current Gr3, Gr4, etc. Just substitute the "GR" for "race car"

In ANY event, all we asked for from GT5 and GT6 was a "prototype" flag. The FT1 should be a N500/500pp/Prototype. If people want to allow or disallow it is up to them. (Note I chose an arbitrary PP value. I don't want to debate what it should be)

No, because neither the Miura nor the GT40 are "race cars". They are both street cars in this game. The P330, GT40MkII, etc., are the race cars. Whether BoP would work or not is a matter of opinion. Sure, the Ferrari 250 GTO might not hold it's own against a P330, but the Cobra Daytona would.

Either way, there's no reason why it has to be N class OR PP system. It should be PP system AND N class. In the example of the GR X classic race cars, the P330, GT40MKII, Cobra Daytona, etc, could be 550 PP/Race cars/Before 1979. If you want to race with the 250GTO, etc, drop the PP requirement to 450 or 500/race cars/before 1979

I don't know why they even delineate 1979. You could open that to any year limit.

It's not that hard to check boxes when setting up a server. THAT would be the perfect use of a companion app.

It would also still work with the current Gr3, Gr4, etc. Just substitute the "GR" for "race car"

In ANY event, all we asked for from GT5 and GT6 was a "prototype" flag. The FT1 should be a N500/500pp/Prototype. If people want to allow or disallow it is up to them. (Note I chose an arbitrary PP value. I don't want to debate what it should be)
Lol this time you misunderstand me. I never mentioned about race cars. I just sad 1970 or older car race. And since i was talking about bop and gr. x hasnt got any bop which was clear it was about n class cars.

About other things you wrote i fully agree with them.

I agree the FT-1 road car should be an N class. Would need some balancing to get it right though because from what I remember in GT6 it sticks like a race car with downforce despite being a concept car. If put in as is into N500 it's going to be an even worse meta than the 911 GT3 RS.

Massive waste of talent and resources.

lexus-lf-lc-gt-vision-gran-turismo-8-860x484.jpg

This is in GT Sport. It should be a Group 3 car.

The Lexus is a VGT and hence belong in Gr.X with the rest of the lot. If they want to put it in Gr.3, they should make a separate version labelled Gr.3. Just like the FT-1 Race Car which has VGT (Gr.X) and Gr.3 variants.

I agree the FT-1 road car should be an N class. Would need some balancing to get it right though because from what I remember in GT6 it sticks like a race car with downforce despite being a concept car. If put in as is into N500 it's going to be an even worse meta than the 911 GT3 RS.
Try ft-1 here. It drives like a regular n class car. It wont break the meta.

The day the Lexus VGT gets a Group 3 counterpart you can bet it'll be seen as the direct rival to the FT-1 VGT Gr.3. Those two always were seen as more or less rivals in GT6.

I think nothing gets more stale than old concept cars.

Further to this, Toyota wants you and the entire internet to forget about the FT1.

If they could go back in time they would never have even bothered to go down the FT1 route.

Right now the hotness is the A90 so the old concepts like those are consigned to the wastebin.

I like a few of the old VGTs like the Infiniti however besides the inintal buzz there's no more need for them.

I think nothing gets more stale than old concept cars.

Further to this, Toyota wants you and the entire internet to forget about the FT1.

If they could go back in time they would never have even bothered to go down the FT1 route.

Right now the hotness is the A90 so the old concepts like those are consigned to the wastebin.

I like a few of the old VGTs like the Infiniti however besides the inintal buzz there's no more need for them.
Here here.
I actually groaned when I got the Mitsubishi VGT in the daily draw. Yeah it looks far out and futuristic, but it's old.

I think the GT3 / Gr.1 counterparts of select VGTs are the way to keep the appeal alive, but of course it won't work for all of them. (Can you imagine a Chaparall VGT Gr.1?!?!?!?)

Back