Toyota FT-1 Challenge, Fujii Speedway GT

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 197 comments

JogoAsobi

Premium
In celebration of the Toyota FT-1 Concept making an appearance at the New York Auto Show in April, Polyphony Digital has created a unique seasonal event with the concept coupe on the Fuji Speedway GT circuit.
FT-1_.jpg

Seasonal ^ image insert courtesy @GRANKUSTOM GT6 Seasonal Events DATABASE thread.

Rankings Registration: 04-07-2014 through 04-30-2014.

Bronze Target Time - 1:57:000, prizes are Toyota FT-1 + 60K CR
Silver Target Time - 1:49:000, prizes are GT Flourescence 002-C + 90K CR
Gold Target Time - 1:46:000, prizes are GT Gunmetal 007-W + 150K CR

Consistent with past TT events when car is supplied for event:
RA menu BB adjustment is grayed out, and set at 5/5.

Driving Options: SRF option is not available, it's set to off.

Granturismo.com Link: Toyota FT-1 Concept Fuji Speedway GT Seasonal Event

"In celebration of the Toyota FT-1 Concept making an appearance at the New York Auto Show in April, Polyphony Digital has created a unique seasonal event with the concept coupe on the Fuji Speedway GT circuit.

The event will starts on April 7 and will end on April 30. If you receive a bronze or better in the FT-1 Concept challenge at Fuji Speedway GT, you will receive the car.

In addition to the unique seasonal event, Toyota and PlayStation will be on the lookout for your personal FT-1 Concept images captured from the Photo Travel mode. Simply post / share your Toyota FT-1 Concept images with hashtag #CaptureGT6 and we’ll feature the best of photos as through US based PlayStation, Gran Turismo and Toyota’s social channels.

Lastly, at the end of the competition we’ll be featuring the Replay video of the #1 lap time from the Fuji Speedway GT Seasonal Event through our official US PlayStation YouTube Channel, sharing your victory lap with more than 2.3 Million viewers.

See you on the circuit…

(*To learn more about exporting photos to your PS3™ XMB and then to an external device, please refers to the Related Links at the bottom of the page.)"

Link for GTP's #CaptureGT6: Toyota FT-1 Concept Gallery

Last edited:
The car has so much camber both on front and back (-1.5) that's why it understeers so bad, locks up so easily, wheel spins fantastically easy:odd: I really struggled to set a clean lap.

Had a dinner break, with food in my mouth I did better time.lol 1:43.1xx

When I came back this new guy in top 10 with ABS-0, MrQ_Green or something, worth downloading his replay for those opt for "no abs" to study how he does it.

Sorta off topic, but apparently some peoples are not getting what "Photo Travel mode" means...
And some people dared to post a picture that does not even contain any signs of a FT-1...

Only 3 PT mode pictures out of 8 FT-1 pictures and 2 non-FT1 pictures as of 21:16, 2014/04/07 (JST).

Managed to get in top 4 with a lap time containing numbers 1-4.

Edit: Now top 3, less than a tenth off top. I know I have been quicker up to same point by a few tenths before but I will take a break for now. I guess top times might get below 1:40.5. Hard to say what limit really is as this track invalidates your lap for hitting the apex too much.

Last edited:
But the rewards are actually rewarding then because you didn't rely on SRF and Gold it in 5mins.

Not realy for me as I don't live on the leaderboards (trying to best my fastest lap.)

I also have a slight handycap as I have a dislocated left thumb (trying to drive quick does not help at all) and I have been finding the last load of seasonals tough due to this.

So I say SRF should be on for all to make it a level playing field.

Not realy for me as I don't live on the leaderboards (trying to best my fastest lap.)

I also have a slight handycap as I have a dislocated left thumb (trying to drive quick does not help at all) and I have been finding the last load of seasonals tough due to this.

So I say SRF should be on for all to make it a level playing field.

On or off, whats the difference?

Are you using your dislocated thumb more with SRF off?
Can't you change the controller setting so the right stick is the steering?

I got up early just to check my current status. What the...:odd: It hasn't even been half a day yet.lol Well the reality sucks don't it.(-_-)

I see the usual aliens have arrived, plus other aliens who refused to use SRF all this time are now up there. They seem to be rejoicing. Basically, the job for lesser mortal like me gotten even harder now.lol The "purist" aliens found their rightful place to be I'd say:scared:

Managed to get in top 4 with a lap time containing numbers 1-4.

Edit: Now top 3, less than a tenth off top. I know I have been quicker up to same point by a few tenths before but I will take a break for now. I guess top times might get below 1:40.5. Hard to say what limit really is as this track invalidates your lap for hitting the apex too much.
Keep pushing mate and do Britain proud 👍 I'm rooting for you :)

I posted these two instructional videos for Fujii a while back on my GT6 Tracks Videos thread.
They are from the Asian GT6 BMW Z4 Challenge.

Those struggling with the track's quirky lines may find them helpful.
The F1 layout in videos is the same up until T10 (Dunlop Corner).
The TT''s GT configuration omits S-turn (T11 & T12) in map below.

Fujii.jpg

They are presented by 2011 Japanese Super GT GT300 Champion Nobuteru Taniguchi.
Both feature English subtitles.

Fujii Speedway: Short Briefing Using The Course Map

Fujii Speedway: Full-scale Briefing Using On-board Footage and Cornering Charts

Last edited:
On or off, whats the difference?

Are you using your dislocated thumb more with SRF off?
Can't you change the controller setting so the right stick is the steering?
I find it tougher with no SRF as I have to try to get my left thumb to 'work' harder but can't as I cannot feel anything with it and wastes energy and time.
I am using my dislocated thumb much more than I normaly would do with SRF on.
I have tried various button layouts to try to beat this in the past, and if anything gives me bad pains in my left hand more than normal as I use L2 and R2 to change gear and feels odd as my left hand is not doing much. I use a SIXAXIS, but I will be getting a Xbox 360 style controler soon as I have less problems using a Xbox 360 controler than a PS3 one.

It's nice to back in the top 500 as opposed around 20,000. I'm pretty happy with 1:43.571 on the first afternoon. I was at 232 when I did that lap but had dropped 200 places in the time it took to cook the kid's tea. I'm hoping I can find another second and maybe end up in the top 1000 by the end of my first proper go at a GT6 TT, but it's very early days and a lot of talented people are going to be trying very hard to get their name up in lights (or rather on youtube). I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 39s before this one is done.

I set a 1:45.101 in this seasonal event with no aids except abs.i was barely beaten by sparky.i enjoyed driving this car on that track

did a 1m44.693 no aids ABS=0

The car sure is a quirky beast but you can paint the track a lot with Godzilla sized lock ups into turn 1. And Dunlop too. (365 feet long!)

Engine has a bit of poke too, so either you need to short shift or some smooth-a-delic throttle control is the order of the day. (Out of the Hairpin)

Last edited:
I liked this seasonal with no SRF and Fuji is one of my favorite tracks. A little throttle control, until you get the car pointed straight, then fully depress gas, makes this seasonal more realistic. I also think they adjusted the times to reflect no SRF as this was much easier to gold with no SRF, than the previous seasonals with SRF allowed. Those seasonals almost made you enable SRF to get gold.

Ryk
did a 1m44.693 no aids ABS=0

The car sure is a quirky beast but you can paint the track a lot with Godzilla sized lock ups into turn 1. And Dunlop too. (120 meters long!)

Yes indeed! I tried a few laps with abs off and turn 1 was a nightmare. Always ended up about a second slower overall but apart from turn 1 and Dunlop I wasn't losing any time. If anything I think I was gaining on my ghost around the rest of the circuit. I reckon we're going to see a lot more top times without abs than we ever did in GT5.

Back