Toyota FT-1 Challenge, Fujii Speedway GT

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 197 comments
Loving this TT so far and I hope they get the hint with what seems to be more people participating in this event than the others. Hope to see more non aid time trials in the future (though I've seen a few using the other aid). Next, no abs? :mischievous:

Hey. I'm actually doing pretty good on this! 1:41.013 for 7th place, 2 tenths behind IMMORTAL. Sorry for bumping you down a spot @eclipsee, @Saidur_Ali :P

1:40.811!!! :D:D:D I'm coming for you IMMORTAL. ;)
Don't worry Andrew, I'll try to fix that. :D
BTW, great time mate. 👍

I see that to get a really fast time the use of the handbrake is a must in this TT, I've no idea how to use it but I'll try to learn a bit.

If I was PD I would only allow the handbrake for drifting and rally cars ...

Code:
PD: sacrilege! all cars have a handbrake and it shouldn't be prohibited, use it at your own risk!

eclipsee: OK, fix the tire physics first.

It would be funny to see a Toyota official racer trying to replicate in real life one of those laps using the handbrake, well, it's a videogame afterall, where "the real driving simulator" words should be overhauled.

Yeah it's unfortunate that handbrake seems to be the way to go, but I'll be doing whatever I can to stay in the top 10. I'm getting so nervous being ahead of guys like you, Ti-tech, pirata, etc. :nervous:

Yeah it's unfortunate that handbrake seems to be the way to go, but I'll be doing whatever I can to stay in the top 10. I'm getting so nervous being ahead of guys like you, Ti-tech, pirata, etc. :nervous:
Is Ti-tech there? He wasn't there yesterday when I was doing my first session, I doubt very much that he will use the handbrake, I never have seen him using it, if he doesn't use it he'll be handicapped, if we could just modify the brake balance ...

The thing just began Andrew, this is like a GT Academy TT, if you want to stay in the top ten keep calm and practice every day, you'll do it. 👍

I bet when this TT finishes we'll see a very low 1'40, maybe even a 1'39

Is Ti-tech there? He wasn't there yesterday when I was doing my first session, I doubt very much that he will use the handbrake, I never have seen him using it, if he doesn't use it he'll be handicapped, if we could just modify the brake balance ...

Yeah he's up there. Last time I checked he was in 12th with a 1:41.1 with no abs. Although I do recall him using a tap or two of handbrake during GT Academy last year. And I agree about changing the brake balance. I wouldn't have to use the handbrake as much as I am now if we could change it. This thing needs it badly.

Thanks for the kind words. :cheers:

Do what ever means possible to dethrone the Immortal :) And don't give up on this tt like you do on the rest of them lol.

But Grand Theft Auto is fuuuuuunnnn. :(

The car doesn't really want to turn in if pushing it so I just brake a little earlier. Learned that in the first event with the car and applied it here. Did a few runs down the straight to find my braking point for turn 1 (close to the notch in the wall.) Once the T1 brake point was determined I got gold on the next full lap. Did a few more laps and improved my time twice. Nothing spectacular, just a bit better than gold.

It's great to get an event that's SRF OFF. It doesn't really make any difference to me driving-wise as I never use it unless forced on but definitely a bonus for purists. It's nice to drive the no chicane variant of the track but Fuji is damned annoying with the overly sensitive apex DQ's though. Unfortunately my daily login bonus was only at lvl 3 so I didn't get as big of a payout as I could've.

All in all, even though Fuji is not a fave track of mine, a decent seasonal and I hope to see more like this.

Sark

EDIT: Went with the Mint Grey color of paint, what did you guys go for?

Last edited:
Hey Thank you everyone for the pointers. I struggled a lot with this seasonal and kept jumping back and forth using aids but i finally got the Gold. 1:45.728 WR 8794th :D... I truly respect the talent you guys have that are putting up times that are destroying mine. @doodlemonoply 1:40.811 WR 2 !!! keep up the great work bro:bowdown:

I did a quick session yesterday and got down to a 1.41.181, hoping to get into the top 10 when I start using the handbrake :)

Nah, bout as much fun as racing a Kombi van around La Sarthe.
Got GOLD got the money and another FT-1.
Back to the grind.

I have managed to improve my time, got gold :bowdown:

This was done by using a Lotus Elise'11 and puting a 'lose' set up on it to help me improve at Fuji, I then used the data logger to compare my laps between the FT1 and Elise'11 and what I was doing wrong in places.

I know that a 1.45.687 is not the quickest but gold is gold. But for someone who has no feeling in their left thumb this is not bad at all.

I hope I don't have to do this for every seasonal that has SRF forced off.

Last edited:
Ahahaha!! hahaha! haha. ha.
Why I oughta!
attachment.php

:P

Hey guys, been a while, ran a few sessions with this one, compiling a lap time of 1'40.618, for what its worth, this lap is also hand brake free;) (although I don't really see what the big deal is, u can be just as fast without using it, just have to employ a bit of trail braking to get the car rotating sufficiently enough.

Hey guys, been a while, ran a few sessions with this one, compiling a lap time of 1'40.618, for what its worth, this lap is also hand brake free;) (although I don't really see what the big deal is, u can be just as fast without using it, just have to employ a bit of trail braking to get the car rotating sufficiently enough.

Welcome back and great lap! :cheers:

Just noticed Ti-tech isn't using ABS and he's up to 6th :crazy:

Is he ahead of me? I'm hoping I'm still at the top of my friends list.

I thought it could be difficult to don't use ABS with this car, so I gave it a try and realized it isn't so difficult and the car turns a lot better, I don't have consistency when braking without ABS, sometimes it's spot on, sometimes the car goes straight skidding without being able to turn, I'll keep trying.

Small improvement to a 1:40.732 in 7th .001 behind DUB in 6th :ouch:. I can match pirata almost everywhere now so a 1:40.4 is possible.

After completing my own gold run (a slim victory) I saved my best lap replay then downloaded the replay from the front runner and compared the two in the data logger to see where I was losing time. After outbraking him into turn one it was all downhill from there but very interesting to see my data displayed against #1

Latest Posts

Back