Toyota FT-1 Challenge, Fujii Speedway GT

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 197 comments
That's who I'm after as well :lol:. I either want him to be in 1st and me in second or vice versa. That way the top 2 in Canada will both be from our smallish city.

That's who I'm after as well :lol:. I either want him to be in 1st and me in second or vice versa. That way the top 2 in Canada will both be from our smallish city.
As it stands, I'm the 5th fastest Brit who used a DS3 controller which counts for something.:P

Somebody tell toyota that if they don't want a massive increase in toyota owner deaths due to the ft1 they should consider selling the final car with better tyres.

Easy gold though but I don't know why I don't like this car, its like too extreme... I don't know...1:44:000 after 5 laps doesn't seem as a bad result but anyway I don't have a good taste... That also happened to me the last time...

I'm not really a poster here (online PSN handle is AP2F22C), but I stopped around 7:45 local time here in Japan last night and was like 580th, 2.7 down on IMMORTAL. Never imagined using the side brake with this car. I am using ABS 1, but will try later tonight with it off to see how I fare. It's awesome seeing the fast dude's laps and just wishing I had a bit more skill. :)

Man, as easy as the Ferrari challenge was, this one is a real PITA. Took me 7 laps to gold it, and just barely did that. I'm going back to the Ferrari challenge for a car that's actually fun to drive!

i have a problem on some corners that make my lap invalid, even tho it looks like i took the apex correctly
almost like a bug, so i am constantly afraid or apexing too hard, i rather leave enough room to the edge now hahaha wich obviously makes me slower too

anyways here i smy lap, a 1,42,412

Took less than ten minutes to get into the 41's. Made me feel pretty good. However the FT-1 isn't much fun to drive so I'm probably calling it quits. One day doodle I'll challenge you again for the top American spot, one day. Hope they keep the no SRF TT's coming. :cheers:

My best time in this TT is 1:43.2XX all AIDS and ABS OFF.
The same car on the same track again all AIDS and ABS OFF stock no tuning,no oil change,stock brake balance front 5 rear 5 but with front-sports medium and rear-sports hard tires and the time is 1:42.2XX which is one second faster.
This shows that this car has huge understeer!

Attachments

• BCJS37016-RPLY001.zip
    735.9 KB · Views: 13
Keep pushing mate and do Britain proud 👍 I'm rooting for you :)
Thanks but I'm more of a casual player and also no alien so I doubt I will be able to compete for top Britain spot. Just wanted to know what my speed will be compared to competition after about couple hours driving on first day seasonal came out, been a while since I last competed in one. Had a look at IMMORTAL's lap and seen his first sector was a bit faster than best I managed on first day I tried so tried to see if I could beat it. My best now is 21.297, I was shocked to see his ghost behind in mirror so bottled it for the next corner :lol:. It will be interesting to know what peoples best first sector times are, I wonder if people done one in .1XX or maybe even lower.

His second split time gives me hope as I think I was like a tenth slower on the first day before messing up last sector. Just need to find a racing line that I can keep consistency with in last sector and some luck. I will be happy if I can do a lap within 5 tenths of the best by the end of this.

Thanks but I'm more of a casual player and also no alien so I doubt I will be able to compete for top Britain spot. Just wanted to know what my speed will be compared to competition after about couple hours driving on first day seasonal came out, been a while since I last competed in one. Had a look at IMMORTAL's lap and seen his first sector was a bit faster than best I managed on first day I tried so tried to see if I could beat it. My best now is 21.297, I was shocked to see his ghost behind in mirror so bottled it for the next corner :lol:. It will be interesting to know what peoples best first sector times are, I wonder if people done one in .1XX or maybe even lower.

His second split time gives me hope as I think I was like a tenth slower on the first day before messing up last sector. Just need to find a racing line that I can keep consistency with in last sector and some luck. I will be happy if I can do a lap within 5 tenths of the best by the end of this.

You are too modest. No "casual driver" has ever seen IMMORTAL in their mirror.

My best time in this TT is 1:43.2XX all AIDS and ABS OFF.
The same car on the same track again all AIDS and ABS OFF stock no tuning,no oil change,stock brake balance front 5 rear 5 but with front-sports medium and rear-sports hard tires and the time is 1:42.2XX which is one second faster.
This shows that this car has huge understeer!

No doubt the car has understeer and overall chassis issues. I did a 1:42.6 with all the aids off yesterday. Consistent 2.8-3.0's. Unfortunately I'd already recorded a 42.2 with ABS so it doesn't register.

You are too modest. No "casual driver" has ever seen IMMORTAL in their mirror.
One day I want to be as hardcore as some guys on here though for the odd time trial and see what position I can achieve. Amazing determination and commitment a number of people have on here. Mental strength to keep on lapping to improve that little bit more each time with potentially many good laps ruined before must take a lot of character which I have a lot of respect for. Also if using steering wheel, I find a hour or two my hand might become a bit callus so usually stop then and play again a few days later. I wonder if there are any decent gloves without masking feedback which might help.

I think in a way Ti-tech85 is probably the most "casual" alien fast driver, I remember the GT5AE event where he turned up near the end IIRC and managed to win.

I use road bike cycling gloves, they're not that expensive, durable, they exhale sweat and are washable. Keeps my hand grip constant and never had any blisters from this game.

My best now is 21.297, I was shocked to see his ghost behind in mirror so bottled it for the next corner :lol:. It will be interesting to know what peoples best first sector times are, I wonder if people done one in .1XX or maybe even lower

21.2s and .1s?? I barely get into the .3s myself. Out of all the places I could lose most time to the leaders, it has to be the very first turn. :lol:

Maybe I'm imagining it, but I noticed something that I've seen on a few other cars as well...when braking hard into turn 1 you can slam down through the gears (too) quickly and it seems to slow you down better than downshifting conventionally. With the rpm's bouncing off the limiter it seems to make a different sound than you get with most other cars. I think the FXX @ Monza was the last place I noticed it.

Maybe I'm imagining it, but I noticed something that I've seen on a few other cars as well...when braking hard into turn 1 you can slam down through the gears (too) quickly and it seems to slow you down better than downshifting conventionally. With the rpm's bouncing off the limiter it seems to make a different sound than you get with most other cars. I think the FXX @ Monza was the last place I noticed it.

I have used this technique many times before, even in GT5. This is especially useful in the Matterhorn TT while going down that first hill.

I guess people are just now discovering all my secret methods. :sly: :lol:

21.2s and .1s?? I barely get into the .3s myself. Out of all the places I could lose most time to the leaders, it has to be the very first turn. :lol:
I thought it might be possible to get them sector times as when I did a .297, I had oversteer on exit so not perfect. Anyway it is looking very optimistic for me now after having another stint at this TT, maybe driving style for this TT suits me. Also sorry for bumping you down a spot ;), amazing to be ahead of Ti-tech85 even though he is doing that time without ABS. I just need to hook up last sector and do close to my maximum in first two sectors then maybe I might achieve a .2XX if I get lucky. I can do first two sectors reasonably well most of the time. I keep on messing up last sector though. Amazing also the kind of lines you can take and still do a fast time, I would not be surprised if fastest times go into the 1:39's, how low I don't know though. I wonder if Ti-tech85 will use ABS and show what is possible.

Great lap Saidur, 👍 keep pushing and don't quit now!
I am at 1:42.3 now. I've never run a TT on this track and I am still looking for the right markers.

I thought it might be possible to get them sector times as when I did a .297, I had oversteer on exit so not perfect. Anyway it is looking very optimistic for me now after having another stint at this TT, maybe driving style for this TT suits me. Also sorry for bumping you down a spot ;), amazing to be ahead of Ti-tech85 even though he is doing that time without ABS. I just need to hook up last sector and do close to my maximum in first two sectors then maybe I might achieve a .2XX if I get lucky. I can do first two sectors reasonably well most of the time. I keep on messing up last sector though. Amazing also the kind of lines you can take and still do a fast time, I would not be surprised if fastest times go into the 1:39's, how low I don't know though. I wonder if Ti-tech85 will use ABS and show what is possible.

I could ask him for you but I doubt he'll change to ABS. I'll get that spot back :P

Great lap Saidur, 👍 keep pushing and don't quit now!
I am at 1:42.3 now. I've never run a TT on this track and I am still looking for the right markers.
Thanks, noticed you improved too 👍. I felt like continuing on today as shortly after setting lap I was a tenth up a few times although I keep on messing up last sector. I still don't know where to place the car. I will have to stop as Champions League game starting soon. Will keep attempting this TT though, plenty more days left to try this TT.
I could ask him for you but I doubt he'll change to ABS. I'll get that spot back :P
As long as he stays without, chances for someone else to take top spot increase at least. If you do, hopefully I can return the favour again ;).

I've played other games where downshifting like that makes reducing speed take more time, and letting the rpms get low before downshifting allowed the car to slow down more effectively. It's completely opposite in GT games.

You just have to try it on every car in at least one sharp approach to see where it works. I've always used DS3 and manual trans and use this feature all the time, though a minority (I believe) of cars will simply hang up and the brakes catch the full load, increasing stopping distance. Of course, some are also in the middle ground, where letting the RPM come down just a fraction before downshifting does the trick. It's occurred to me, but I just never have never put in the time to see what difference there might be depending on the tuning options employed.

Red lapped a 1:40.45x :dunce: But at least I got a clean 1:40.641! I can now see how .2s are possible. :)

Back