Toyota FT-86 Concept II '11 multiple DLC issue

• Thread starter spunwicked
  • 289 comments
dhandes
So with your logic buying 2 lots of Paint DLC at 1.69, gives you the free car is fine. While those that paid 9.69 for the complete pack, shouldn't get one.

That seems to make sense actually...
Here is the order things happened in:
1. I bought complete pack on the release date
2. Spec 2.02 comes out and people with multiple DLCs get a free car. According to sony/PD's records, I have only bought one item from them, which does not make me eligible for the FT-86 II, so they don't give me the car.
3. I buy Car Pack 2. This is my second purchase from PD.
4. I still don't get the FT-86 II the next time I log on, which means it was only availible the first time you log on after the update. This means I've already missed my chance to get the FT-86 II. I guess thats the consequence for buying all the DLC instead of just some of the first set of DLC. :reallyreallygrumpyface:

Schwartz38
2. Spec 2.02 comes out and people with multiple DLCs get a free car. According to sony/PD's records, I have only bought one item from them, which does not make me eligible for the FT-86 II, so they don't give me the car.
4. I still don't get the FT-86 II the next time I log on, which means it was only availible the first time you log on after the update. This means I've already missed my chance to get the FT-86 II. I guess thats the consequence for buying all the DLC instead of just some of the first set of DLC. :reallyreallygrumpyface:

To obtain the Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11, as I mentioned a few posts above, you need to purchase 2 separate DLC packages from the October DLC. So, you need to buy another DLC package from the October DLC (preferably paint, as it's cheapest), to get the car.

No man.

If you bought the DLC 1 Complete Pack just go buy some more paint chips. You will see the blue shopping bag under them that shows you have already bought them. The shopping bag isn't red because it is a one time download ony. The Complete Pack isn't available any more. That was just a promo for the initial DLC 1 release. Therefore as far as Sony and PD are concerned now you bought the DLC 1 cars, tracks, paints and suites seperatly.

If the FT-86 is dupable then just ignore everything and get a mate who has it already to gift one to you.

All same the GT Racing Kart 125 SPL which is definatly tradeable/dupable because I've already done it with the kart.

Now I'm just waiting for Sony to get it together and make DLC 2 available in Europe, New Zealand and Australia. It's available in Asia and North America now but not in the EU/NZ/AU yet.

Last edited:
I can see what they were trying to do, but in doing one thing they have created another situation.

To get the car, it should have been 2 dlc packs and/or the complete pack, not just 2 dlc packs.

I bought the complete pack as well, but as was stated back when the first batch of DLC came out, u had to buy multiple, which means more than 1. So it doesn't matter if u bought the complete pack or individually, to receive the FT86 II '11 you had to purchase it more than once. Have no fear though, it is tradeable so if u know someone who can send u copy you should do just that.

To those of us who bought the complete pack: Gentlemen, we got the NSX GT500 Stealth and a theme for the PS3. So is not having a concept of a car we just got for free (the 86 '12) really that much of a deal?

It is indeed, a confusing mess. We need clarification from Polyphony really.

Any users that have received the concept, please detail the exact DLC you have purchased.

To those of us who bought the complete pack: Gentlemen, we got the NSX GT500 Stealth and a theme for the PS3. So is not having a concept of a car we just got for free (the 86 '12) really that much of a deal?

Where did this NSX GT500 stealth come from?

Last edited by a moderator:
spunwicked
It is indeed, a confusing mess. We need clarification from Polyphony really.

Any users that have received the concept, please detail the exact DLC you have purchased.

I have purchased the Complete Pack + Paints. Those are my 2 which made me eligible for the car. 👍

Same as jkt008, I purchased the complete pack plus the DLC Paint pack twice and got the FT-86 just fine.

It is indeed, a confusing mess.

No, it is really not. I successfully got my Concept '11 yesterday and here is the full breakdown from my own experience and testimonies here and on another forums:

HOW TO OBTAIN A TOYOTA FT-86 CONCEPT '11 GUIDE:

clarification of terms:
- Toyota 86 GT '12 > car that everybody got for free after downladed 2.02 update

- Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 > bonus-car for those who bought any *piece* of the October DLC twice or more with the same PSN ID account

- *piece* of DLC > any "pack" of the October DLC (either Complete, Car, Track, Pain or Gear). Notice how purchasing any single "pack" - whichever it was - is considered as ONE purchase.

Q: What makes you eligible for the Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11?
You are eligible at the moment you buy TWO *pieces* of the October DLC on the same PSN ID account

Q: Am I eligible if if buy December DLC? It is after all a two purchases?
No. Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 is a bonus car only for those who bought an October DLC twice, prior to the introduction of the Family Upgrade. Consider that car as a bonus because of the unclear situation backthan in October when majority of double-purchasers weren't informed at time about the conditions of GT5 DLC being a "Service" instead of the usual "PSN Store DLC" and they rushed in buying the content multiple times - from any reason - before official clarification of the issue by Sony and PD

Q: I bought an October DLC Complete Pack. But Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 is being giving away to people who bought cheaper October DLC Packs (Car, Track, Paint or Gear) separately, while I can't get it?
Unfortunately, PSN Store sees your October DLC Complete Pack purchase as a single purchase. If you bought smaller October DLC Packs separately, PSN Store sees them as a multiple purchase. Thus, while your single purchase of the Complete Pack is not eligible, their multiple purchase of the separate packs is. Unfortunately.

Q: OK, but I really want a Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 car. What can I do?
You can go to the PSN Store with the same PSN ID account you've bought any of the October DLC (either Complete, Track, Car, Gear or Paint) and additionally purchase any of the October DLC pack. Even the cheaper Pack (Paint for example) will make you eligible for the Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11. Once you make the purchase, load the game and you will be instantly gifted with the Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 Car Ticket.

Additionally, you can find a GTP member who already have a car and ask him to send it to you. Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 is 100% giftable.

Q: I bought the additional October DLC and got the Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11, but I do not see the DLC content in-game?
As in October, you still have to go to the main menu and install the additional October DLC content through The Gran Turismo 5 Red Button of DLC Install™.

I think this pretty much covers it ;)

No, it is really not. I successfully got my Concept '11 yesterday and here is the full breakdown from my own experience and testimonies here and on another forums:

I was more referring to the claims in the various posts in this thread Amar 👍 Mixed information :)

I assume that the extra Toyota is mostly interesting for car collectors, so I also assume that those wanting the Toyota also bought/will buy the car pack (1). Based on these assumptions I made the following breakdown of prices.
These are eligible combinations to get the toyota and their prices in USD.

1. Cars + paint = $9.98
2. Cars + suits = $10.98
3. Cars + tracks = $12.98
4. Complete pack + paint = $13.98

So, if you're only interested in cars, the car pack + a paint pack is the way to go. If you are really only interested in cars and tracks, you might want to go with option 3. If you kind of like paint and suits, option 4 will give you 1 pack of suits and 2 packs of paint for 1$ more than option 3.
I still don't like the fact that PD tries to squeeze a few dollars at a time out of their loyal fans, but looking at these prices I don't feel as f'd for buying the complete pack (instead of tracks and cars seperately) as I did before.

(please correct me if I made any errors :D )

Interesting problem arises here for me. After update yesterday I got a message that I have too many items. And then I didn't even get the regular FT 86 car ticket or Kart ticket.

Ofcourse I was scared, when that happened, but after a few restarts and deleting a bunch of items, the prizes were awarded to me.

So for me to go out and buy another paint pack is not a proper solution, since it adds 100 more items to an allready overcrowded account...

Any other sugestions?

Ok, So if I buy the October DLC AGAIN, and will get the 86 Concept '11 on the Car Delivery thing, Will I be able to buy the car from the Toyota Dealership ? :)
If not, People with Different colors, wanna dupe ? :D

So with your logic buying 2 lots of Paint DLC at 1.69, gives you the free car is fine. While those that paid 9.69 for the complete pack, shouldn't get one.

exactly. This is just a goofy thing. I only bought the whole pack TO SUPPORT PD. I didn't want the paint or suits at all. But I figured I'd throw them a couple extra bucks and get the whole pack. Now someone who buys a couple of paint packs gets a bonus car and I get bubkus. Its stupid...

exactly. This is just a goofy thing. I only bought the whole pack TO SUPPORT PD. I didn't want the paint or suits at all. But I figured I'd throw them a couple extra bucks and get the whole pack. Now someone who buys a couple of paint packs gets a bonus car and I get bubkus. Its stupid...

You do know that you not only got the paints and suits for free with the complete pack, you even paid 1$ (or the equivalent) less than you would've paid if you just bought cars+tracks, right?
So by buying the complete pack you supported yourself more than you supported PD.
That being said, I do agree that it's strange that this car isn't given to the people who bought the complete pack.

yeah, but to be honest it was really only the track I wanted. But still, if buying a couple of paint packs will get you the bonus it should be available to everyone.

OK, I bought 2 complete packs in October. Hasn't shown up in Car Delivery after update. I have to purchase a paint pack to get a "gift" car? Seems like it should be free if it's a gift.

OK, I bought 2 complete packs in October. Hasn't shown up in Car Delivery after update. I have to purchase a paint pack to get a "gift" car? Seems like it should be free if it's a gift.

I think something went wrong distributing this. It was meant to be a gift for people who, like you, bought 2 DLC's on 2 different PSN accounts. It seems it now rewards it to people who bought more than 1 dlc on 1 PSN account.

I believe that if we kick up a large enough storm, PD will rectify the situation. And rectify it they should as the current situation makes no sense at all. Unless, of course, you take into account all the waiting, bugs, and other thoroughly unprofessional gaffes that PD has unapologetically made in the past.

leepangfu
The car was meant as a gift to those who had bought the DLC twice to use it on different accounts. I think something went wrong and people who just bought several packs got it too.

Pretty much right. I also thought it had something to do with the glitch the first couple of days where peoples dlc was not showing up in game so they bought a second time. Only to realize you had to activate it within gt5 after you purchase.

I now have one installed oct full pack and another just sitting there waiting for me to activate it.
Not sure if I got the second car as I havent updated yet.

That was my understanding too. I thought it was a good faith gift as Kaz was unaware you had to buy multiple packs for the same PS3.

Well I'm certainly not going to buy more items to get a "free" car. Hopefully its a glitch and will be fixed soon.

I think something went wrong distributing this. It was meant to be a gift for people who, like you, bought 2 DLC's on 2 different PSN accounts. It seems it now rewards it to people who bought more than 1 dlc on 1 PSN account.

Last edited:
I just bought track pack + 1st car pack, but didn't receive the FT-86 II. Am I doing it wrong? I bought them in one transaction.

I bought the complete pack once, got the Toyota. The kart is for buying the pack I think.

i bought the complete pack the day it came it, bought the new car dlc last night, then i did one more separate transaction last for just the paint. i clicked the download arrow and installed both, logged into gt home and i received the ft-86 II Concept for buying multiple of one of the original dlcs. thanks for tip on how to get it.

Can the ft86 concept II be traded? And did anyone get one they didn't want? Worth an ask right? Lol

Back