Toyota FT-86 Concept II '11 multiple DLC issue

• Thread starter spunwicked
  • 289 comments
Okay, I bought the complete DLC pack $11.99 when it first arrived, and yesterday bought the car dlc addon 2 for $3.99 on the same psn account and I didn't receive this FG-86 Concept car at all. Sigh, anyone else with this problem?

Okay, I bought the complete DLC pack $11.99 when it first arrived, and yesterday bought the car dlc addon 2 for $3.99 on the same psn account and I didn't receive this FG-86 Concept car at all. Sigh, anyone else with this problem?

As explained before, the new car pack doesn't count towards getting the FT-86, only items in the first batch of DLC do.

FosterG
That is just plain hard to figure, guess they just didn't have time huh? :crazy::crazy:

The concept doesn't have an interior at all, same with the GT-R Proto, both are just "show cars" in real life and the interior is hidden so no one can see inside, so modelling it would be pointless.

Brought the complete pack in october and brought more suits today and got the car. Seems odd that it dosn't show up in the dealership to buy again, maybe in a future update?

That is just plain hard to figure, guess they just didn't have time huh? :crazy::crazy:

No, it's because the concept car is only an exterior concept and doesn't have a cockpit. Just like the GT-R concept, if you remember. It's kind of hard to model an interior of there is no such thing in the car to start with.

Q: OK, but I really want a Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 car. What can I do?
You can go to the PSN Store with the same PSN ID account you've bought any of the October DLC (either Complete, Track, Car, Gear or Paint) and additionally purchase any of the October DLC pack. Even the cheaper Pack (Paint for example) will make you eligible for the Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11. Once you make the purchase, load the game and you will be instantly gifted with the Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 Car Ticket.

Anyone else find this to be bogus?

I bought the Spa track at the time and just bought the oct paint pack and didn't get the Concept 11. Tried starting the game again and nothing. Paint is installed, as is the spa track.

Anyone know how to get the concept? I don't care much for the final design or the original concept, the 11 concept looks fantastic.

Okay, since we seem to still be confused on it, I'll put my personal account. I have purchased the complete DLC back on release. I did update 2.02, received all items, and waited for the second DLC release. I bought a single paint pack, reentered GT5, and installed it. After skipping the greeting card, the notification came up and I got my FT86 II.

Buying the paint pack again seems to be the easiest way to get it.

eran0004
No, it's because the concept car is only an exterior concept and

doesn't have a cockpit. Just like the GT-R concept, if you remember. It's kind of hard to model an interior of there is no such thing in the car to start with.

Sounds like an opportunity to apply some artistic liscense ;p

So, on topic...You must buy 2 of the same dlc....either the complete pack and 1 extra paint pack or 2 paint packs....alternatively the suits....

You aren't.
The complete pack was heavily discounted for all the content. How would getting everything with a discount make you entitled to a bonus? Imagine buying everything seperately, PD's profits would increase by nearly 50%.

To recap:
Toyota GT 86 '12: Simply update to 2.02.
Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SPL: A gift for purchasing the DLC back in October.
Toyta FT-86 Concept II '11: A gift for purchasing any two different pieces of the October DLC on the same account. (Got the complete pack? Buy a paint pack to obtain the Concept.)
Confirmed this myself.
Not really I did the math on with the Australian PSN sotre prices and they cost the same.

Ok guys I bought the complete pack the day that it came out and didn't get the car. If someone would be kind enough to send me the car and let me dupe it or to dupe it for me, I will be very greatfull.

alvin23a
Ok guys I bought the complete pack the day that it came out and didn't get the car. If someone would be kind enough to send me the car and let me dupe it or to dupe it for me, I will be very greatfull.

Oh sure, I just did that for another guy...I'll send it right over. It is a dupe so no need to send it back. ;p

Oh sure, I just did that for another guy...I'll send it right over. It is a dupe so no need to send it back. ;p

hi Rudenut, could you be kind enough to also send me one?

I bought the complete DLC and wasn't able to get one after i logged in.

Thanks!

My PSN: ericc280

Cheers

skyc280
hi Ridunut, could you be kind enough to also send me one?

I bought the complete DLC and wasn't able to get one after i logged in.

Thanks!

My PSN: ericc280

Cheers

Lol...srsly?

Btw you have to buy an extra paint pack....

Bought the paint pack a second time, clicked the 'downloadable content' button in the GT5 opening menu screen, installed paint pack, and I received the FT-86 II Concept '11.

Okay, since we seem to still be confused on it, I'll put my personal account. I have purchased the complete DLC back on release. I did update 2.02, received all items, and waited for the second DLC release. I bought a single paint pack, reentered GT5, and installed it. After skipping the greeting card, the notification came up and I got my FT86 II.

Buying the paint pack again seems to be the easiest way to get it.

I can confirm this, as is exactly what happened to me.

That said, I still think it very odd how back in Oct we were rewarded with a discount for getting all of the DLC, but have to buy one of the packs again now to receive the free car. It seems a little underhand to me, also in the UK at least, you can no longer get the discounted bumper pack of DLC from October.

I'm a completist, but if I was a little more rational I would question whether that one car (with no interior view, regardless of the reason) was effectively worth ÂŁ1.59 of my money (oh I guess I got some more paints that shouldn't be limited to one use anyway)

Really looking for great things to come from the next DLC. And i'm not talking free updates, i'm talking paid-for DLC from a company who supposedly have the licence for cars by Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, RUF, Pagani, TVR etc etc. and also have a ton of awesome tracks from the franchise.

OK moaning over, i'm pretty positive in these forums generally, but PD continue to baffle me :confused:

I just bought track pack + 1st car pack, but didn't receive the FT-86 II. Am I doing it wrong? I bought them in one transaction.

Bought some paints and still no car. :grumpy: Is this limited to certain regions? Going to contact PD about this!

akyp
Bought some paints and still no car. :grumpy: Is this limited to certain regions? Going to contact PD about this!

Yes...you have to buy 2 of the same pack....cheapest way is 2 paint packs....or if you bought the complete, just 1 extra paint.

Yes...you have to buy 2 of the same pack....cheapest way is 2 paint packs....or if you bought the complete, just 1 extra paint.

Now I've got the track pack, the October car pack, and 1 paint pack. I thought that would be enough?

Edit: Okay so you need to buy two of the SAME pack to be eligible, or 1 complete pack plus any pack (since the complete pack contains everything). Am I correct?

Last edited:
The FT86 Concept II is tradeable so you can ask somebody to dupe it for you. No way I'm giving Sony $$ for one car.

Anyone not able to buy the paint pack again? All I get are the options to rate and recommend. The icon also has the red ps store logo next to it.

ok. less confused now.

For myself, i did not buy anything before.

Last night bought 1x paint pack, 1x track, carpack#02. End total = no FT86 II :grumpy:

You can get the car, but you need to buy multiple packages. Not just one.

In your situation, you've only bought one package. The Complete Pack. So, you will need to buy another package to get the car.

I bought two complete packs and didn't get it!

No, it is really not. I successfully got my Concept '11 yesterday and here is the full breakdown from my own experience and testimonies here and on another forums:

HOW TO OBTAIN A TOYOTA FT-86 CONCEPT '11 GUIDE:

clarification of terms:
- Toyota 86 GT '12 > car that everybody got for free after downladed 2.02 update

- Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 > bonus-car for those who bought any *piece* of the October DLC twice or more with the same PSN ID account

- *piece* of DLC > any "pack" of the October DLC (either Complete, Car, Track, Pain or Gear). Notice how purchasing any single "pack" - whichever it was - is considered as ONE purchase.

Q: What makes you eligible for the Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11?
You are eligible at the moment you buy TWO *pieces* of the October DLC on the same PSN ID account

Q: Am I eligible if if buy December DLC? It is after all a two purchases?
No. Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 is a bonus car only for those who bought an October DLC twice, prior to the introduction of the Family Upgrade. Consider that car as a bonus because of the unclear situation backthan in October when majority of double-purchasers weren't informed at time about the conditions of GT5 DLC being a "Service" instead of the usual "PSN Store DLC" and they rushed in buying the content multiple times - from any reason - before official clarification of the issue by Sony and PD

Q: I bought an October DLC Complete Pack. But Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 is being giving away to people who bought cheaper October DLC Packs (Car, Track, Paint or Gear) separately, while I can't get it?
Unfortunately, PSN Store sees your October DLC Complete Pack purchase as a single purchase. If you bought smaller October DLC Packs separately, PSN Store sees them as a multiple purchase. Thus, while your single purchase of the Complete Pack is not eligible, their multiple purchase of the separate packs is. Unfortunately.

Q: OK, but I really want a Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 car. What can I do?
You can go to the PSN Store with the same PSN ID account you've bought any of the October DLC (either Complete, Track, Car, Gear or Paint) and additionally purchase any of the October DLC pack. Even the cheaper Pack (Paint for example) will make you eligible for the Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11. Once you make the purchase, load the game and you will be instantly gifted with the Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 Car Ticket.

Additionally, you can find a GTP member who already have a car and ask him to send it to you. Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 is 100% giftable.

Q: I bought the additional October DLC and got the Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11, but I do not see the DLC content in-game?
As in October, you still have to go to the main menu and install the additional October DLC content through The Gran Turismo 5 Red Button of DLC Install™.

I think this pretty much covers it ;)

Thanks very much for the useful information. I would like to clarify on one point:

If I have not yet bought any DLC from the october release at all, and if I were to buy it today, 22 Dec 2011 (complete pack + paint pack), would I get the following items:

1. FT 86 II Concept '11
2. Kart 125
3. 5 new car refresh tickets

In other words, are only people who buy the DLC before 20 Dec 2011 (say complete pack + paint pack), eligible for the 3 items above? Would appreciate advise and input. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back