Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup Returns for 2021 With a New Name and New Cars

• Thread starter The359
  • 244 comments
Same for me too. Cant register it says closed. Anybody registered here? How you did? Did we miss the chance to attend? :((

No times recorded in Asia either. It’s going to be very embarrassing for PD and Toyota if they don’t catch this before Sunday.

Current penalty system and wall riding everrwhere is also embarrassing and they don't do anything. Not a surprise here.

Hey, I got practice laps in so early that my crappy time made the NA leaderboard! :lol::lol::lol:

Woot! :gtpflag:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210422072324.jpg

What is the deal with the start times for this. 9pm & 10:30pm on a Sunday night is so late.

This depends on your server/region of the world, it is being run as a global event so the times will be earlier/later in the day for some.

Loving the furst combo and setup a lobby last night and it was fun, notdone enough racing on Sports tyres and managed to learn more last night in just one race and lower lap time by 4sec staring on soft and finishing on hard. Ran 12 laps on soft so they are lasting well and will tun a few simulations tonight.

My FP time is 3.4 seconds slower than the top time. :lol:

18 laps of numbfinger, here we come.

Annnnnnnnd DISCOOOOOOOOOO'D!!!!

Good stuff. Not going to bother with this.

Last edited:
Yep. Cleared my cache. Shut the game completely off. Turned it back on. Logged in. Entered the matching countdown with 8 minutes to go.

Disconnected at "00:00".

Last edited:
I got in. Only 15 in the lobby. I was door 9, but I'm not actually that fast. Ran wide my first lap of qually, only slightly wide my second lap, but one of the faster guys decided that meant he should go full send on me into the corkscrew. He gets p5, I start DFL.

Anyone doing this, use the MCA trick of starting in second gear. The others at the back didnt get the memo and it was like I had a rocket booster on the car.

In the end I ate my tires. Ran 9S/9H. After lap 11 my car simply refused to even attempt that fast uphill left before the corkscrew. Got as high as p9, mistakes and a faster car as well as a no stopper dropped me back to p12.

I guess it is ok, but if they all become tire saving races then Toyota can 🤬 off with the series. That isnt fun, and it kills me on controller.

Good luck everyone and hang on to your pants lap 1.

Undercut is the order of the day folks. I went from literally last to 9th in top split, using 1H/17S. The longer you can make the softs last, the better. It's a fine line between "smooth operator" and "bono my tyres are gone", but if you can manage it, you'll win big 👍

I second the server issues as well, someone got a black screen before the race in my room, and another person got disco'd after quali. What can you do really. It ain't PD if we don't have server meltdown during the official season :banghead: Let's hope the maintenance fixes it.

Well, I made it into the second heat. Door #8. One of the entries ahead of mine dropped out between matching and the track loading.

Qualified P4 and got a great start, took the lead coming out of the bottom hairpin and led until the end of Lap 9 where I pitted to take the Softs off for the required Hards.

Rejoined in 8th and worked my way back up to 3rd as the pit stops cycled through.

Winner was a no-stopper who I had the pace to outrun had I attempted that strategy, but I'm not complaining with third as I preferred to not do the tyre saver strategy tonight.

Not a fan of the Supra at all. I'd managed to do 1:34s in free practice but trying to be consistent with the thing is so hard.

I started P16 on the Hards and the car in front of me had a big false start so the beginning was... not fun. I ended up going 6H/12S to try to undercut the pack that was fighting in front of me, but I didn't want to go anywhere near that long on the Softs. I was struggling so, so much by the end.

End result P13, 98 points. I'm not trying again! That was just half an hour of trying to hold on for dear life. :odd:

Managed to put it P3 in quali even though the lap seemed horrendous, then got hung out to dry at T1 at the start. Tried to save tyres but was still struggling even though the leaders hadn't pulled away, pitted lap 12 but pace on hards wasn't there and in the end didn't make any progress.
Was under 3s off the win in the end which is slightly frustrating but I'll take it considering I didn't get much practice in

PS_App_20210425_055150.jpeg
PS_App_20210425_055155.jpeg

What a horrible combo, made worse by the x10 for tyres. I qualified P10 which wasn't so bad. However the first lap summed up my race. Whilst getting my TCS off I hit the limiter in 1st gear. This allowed me to be swamped a little. Of course everyone was bumping and pushing into Andretti as if they had no radar. Managed to come out in P10 but was shoved wide into turn 3. I drifted into a car already wide and this sent me into a half spin across the track. I was hit by 2 cars which sent me into the barrier. DFL some miles behind the car ahead. The the car understeered through the penultimate corner sending me spinning again. I lost another 10 seconds or so trying to get back around. From there it was a constant fight against the car. I no stopped hoping the tyres would last and I would gain from those pitting or forgetting the Hards. Finshed 16th which says a lot about those behind me. Liked the Supra combo back a few weeks ago in the dailies but this was torture. My punishment for daring to be busy enough to miss the Nations yesterday.

I went 6H/12S (I was going to go 7H/11S) and it wasn't too challenging. Got up to 5th after qualifying 8th (should really have been 4th but for two Spanish drivers who decided to be dicks to everyone - including each other - and ended up 16th/17th holding me up on my second stint).

Dutch driver in the lobby afterwards seemed grumpy with me and asked why I "didn't wait until the straight" to pass him. Probably a good question given that he twice drove into my car alongside him at the same corner (Turn 10), 20 minutes apart - once to the outside and once to the inside - for no reason. With someone that unaware, I probably should have, but the soft-hard differential made me a second quicker from the Corkscrew to the final turn and I was literally alongside him when he aimed at the apex like I wasn't there.

Edit: Oh neat. That's my highest ever DR at 36,991.

Last edited:
Back