Toyota introduces the FT-1 available January 14th

One word to describe the FT-1.............WOW.

But will it be like the BMW 4 series in having no interior view/detail. Will we be allowed to perform any mods?
All that said, that is one beautiful car. I hope it does'nt drive like the GT3 Audi.

One word to describe the FT-1.............WOW.

But will it be like the BMW 4 series in having no interior view/detail. Will we be allowed to perform any mods?
All that said, that is one beautiful car. I hope it does'nt drive like the GT3 Audi.
You can clearly see an interior in the video and the screenshots.

I agree on the cover, but the very long nose hints for an inline 6 too. Anyway, your idea is not wrong, there's rumors about these new BMW engines, one of then being a triple-turbo V6 (a shame imho, BMWs should use inline 6 forever)
Watch the MotorTrend video. The Calty guy himself said the long bonnet was because previous cars had inline6 engines and he wanted the look of that, but they had no idea what engine was going in there.
You can't conclude long hood = inline6 in this situation.

Watch the MotorTrend video. The Calty guy himself said the long bonnet was because previous cars had inline6 engines and he wanted the look of that, but they had no idea what engine was going in there.
You can't conclude long hood = inline6 in this situation.

Yes, i'll take a look... I didn't conclude nothing :) we're just having a nice conversation about what engine it could be. I just talked about the inline 6 because it's confirmed that Toyota and BMW are developing sports cars and engines together now.

The car looks amazing....looking forward to getting my hands on it. It looks a bit like a Ferrari F12....

Last edited:
Those fans in the front, are they intended for electricity generation?

And to kill little animals (and small Daihatsus) on the road? (just kidding)

carmageddon_kotakubr1-620x360.jpg

That is one beautiful looking car, awesome! :drool:

Thanks for slaping me around guys. I knew mods were off limits for a concept. Just didnt think.
However, I did not get to see the video since my work computer disallows any external video.
With a full interior I am really looking forward to this one.

Wow ... this is totally unexpected... at least by myself... didn't see this coming at all....

Even more exciting since this is not a VGT. Toyota is working hard at shredding its appliance auto image.

The current M550d already have the triple turbo layout. It's awesome, even being a diesel.

m550d-engine-2.jpg

BMW-Triturbo-Diesel-M550d-Tuning-Hartge-X5-X6-M50d-750d-2012-04.jpg
That is the same engine as my mates just with an extra turbo. For those that dont know these will embaress m3/m5 in your standard traffic light gp. Longer drag races the m3/m5 will win with the higher rev limit.

Think this car will use the V10 of the LFA, looking at the space the engine takes, can't wait to try it out tomorrow...
Car have the same shape as the LFA and the engine at exact the same place...

Think this car will use the V10 of the LFA, looking at the space the engine takes, can't wait to try it out tomorrow...
Car have the same shape as the LFA and the engine at exact the same place...
The LFA's engine bay wasn't massive.

sstp_1001_14_o%252Blexus_lfa%252Bengine_bay.jpg

LFA had a 4.8 litre V10, nowhere close to the massive size of that of a Viper. I suspect the same as you though, either that or a V6.

Nice to see the TVR Sagaris finally get in the game. My favourite TVR.

...Good stuff from Toyota though. Imagine those mirrors going on a production car though...

Back