Toyota introduces the FT-1 available January 14th

It certainly does look stunning and I particularly like the little design hints back to the 2000GT. As much as I love to see new GT6 content coming I really wish they would get to work on a few more actual production cars though, personally speaking, I think you can have too many concepts ;)

Hope the "Toyota" is a boring car brand saying dies, they've been one of the best makers in japan that produces exciting cars lately.

Lexus is the us/eEuropean luxury brand of toyota. Find a lexus for sale in japan.
Toyota created the Lexus brand out of nothing, while Ferrari/Lambo were independent companies until they got bought by Fiat/Audi. Big difference here.

True, but that doesn't make Lexus less of a brand on their own, regardless is it was purchased or created from scratch.

True, but that doesn't make Lexus less of a brand on their own, regardless is it was purchased or created from scratch.
It's a far less own brand than the likes of Ferrari/Lambo. Its pretty much a premium class toyota, but a Lambo is not a premium class Audi or Ferrari is not a premium class fiat, they are much more.
Toyota/Lexus even shared some models and only replaced the badge

toyota-ft1-concept-naias-2014-21.jpg

Sukau_Proboscis_Monkey.jpg

I like everything on the FT-1 other than the point on the front, otherwise great looking Toyota.

First time I have ever been excited by a Toyota. That car looks like fast sitting still and I can't wait to drive it. I think if this car goes into production I can see myself selling a few things to buy one. This thing looks exotic as hell and the interior is just delicious. Have a serious case of "I want this" flaring up.

Lexus is the us/eEuropean luxury brand of toyota. Find a lexus for sale in japan.
Lexus has been in Japan for some time now. Pretty much right when Toyota did the ole' switch-a-roo with the Supra's to the SC430's for their Super GT GT500 cars.

Thus while continuing to integrate the premium brand into Japan's market by continuing their racing effort by a Lexus RC-F car for 2014.

So this isn't some hyrbid crap? :D yayyyyyyy. My fear is that starting now most new cars will be hybrids by the time I can actually get my own car. I sure hope this isn't the "next" Supra. It's a nice car but not a nice Supra.

That's like saying a F40 is a Fiat, or a Gallardo is an Audi.
Except that the Lexus brand consists of cars developed by the parent company Toyota. Ferrari, Lambo and Audi make their own machines.

#Applesandoranges

So this isn't some hyrbid crap? :D yayyyyyyy. My fear is that starting now most new cars will be hybrids by the time I can actually get my own car. I sure hope this isn't the "next" Supra. It's a nice car but not a nice Supra.
Why is that a fear? Better come to terms with it then as the world's fuel reserves are OPTIMISTICALLY estimated to last another ~40 years using the current daily consumption.
Looking at the P1 and 918, I'm not sure what the issue is.

At least it's not a Prius. :lol: :P

And what @eSZee said, there are some great hybrids out there.

If this isn't the Vision GT concept it seems kind of redundant for Toyota, doesn't it? It seems like the mission of this car is to do the exact same thing the Vision Gran Turismo project is for. I thought this Toyota would be the next Vision GT car for a month, now I'm curious to see when and where the next VGT car will be revealed, because we're suppose to be getting what? 26 or 27 of them over the next 11 months?

Why is the bonnet soo long - we can see the engine length under the glass section. You could fit a V12 in that engine bay...

If this isn't the Vision GT concept it seems kind of redundant for Toyota, doesn't it? It seems like the mission of this car is to do the exact same thing the Vision Gran Turismo project is for. I thought this Toyota would be the next Vision GT car for a month, now I'm curious to see when and where the next VGT car will be revealed, because we're suppose to be getting what? 26 or 27 of them over the next 11 months?
VGT cars are supposed to be fictional cars, never to see production. (Though I doubt that will be the case with most of them.)
This is a car that is supposed to eventually find it's way to the showrooms, after many changes, undoubtedly.

R.S
Why is the bonnet soo long - we can see the engine length under the glass section. You could fit a V12 in that engine bay...
To pay hommage to the 2000gt/supra.

Why is that a fear? Better come to terms with it then as the world's fuel reserves are OPTIMISTICALLY estimated to last another ~40 years using the current daily consumption.
Looking at the P1 and 918, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Well when I look at the P1 and the 918 I'm actually disappointed because they are mounted with those hybrid systems. The cars are so fast, but imagine how much faster they would be if they weren't wasting all that weight on the hybrid system. It just tanks the power-to-weight ratio. To me the systems just aren't efficient enough yet to validate the extra weight. Also I don't think the hybrid technology crap is the way to go. A few years ago a Brazilian group successfully cloned oil molecules, which would solve the entire problem. If research in that field was invested in more it could become feasible one day with in the next 20 years or so. Then we could all drive cars that don't rely on the grid and all of the older and collector cars would still be drivable. And plus the ultimate goal of hybrid is to go all electric, and anyone who enjoys cars know that is death. All electric cars mean no exhaust note, and I don't think I could enjoy any car that doesn't let me enjoy the growl of the exhaust as I shift through the gears. That's why we hate electric cars.

VGT cars are supposed to be fictional cars, never to see production. (Though I doubt that will be the case with most of them.)
This is a car that is supposed to eventually find it's way to the showrooms, after many changes, undoubtedly.

I heard they are making 5 of the Mercedes Vision GT based off the chassis of an SLS AMG GT. And I don't think the rule is that they are suppose to be fictional, if I remember the wording was concept cars that could potentially see road use.

But yet Audi has shown has that with the added weight of the hybrid system, it managed to go faster at Le Mans with the e-tron quattro. Hybrid is just being tapped as another avenue for more power just when governments around the world are being even more vigilant on fuel consumption and gas emissions. It doesn't tank power to weight ratio when you engineer it properly.

Back