FMecha_EXE
The little concept car that everyone missed, from Gran Turismo Concept. :D

toyota-pod-006.jpg

toyota-pod-002.jpg

toyota-pod-004.jpg

toyota-pod-003.jpg

toyota-pod-001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remembered seeing that car in some GT screenshots, but could never work out why I couldn't find it on GT4. Then I realised that it was on the Concept game. :D

(There is another car that was supposedly on GT4 that was in a screenshot that I could never find - a Tommy Makkinen liveried red and white Evo VII rally car...)

(There is another car that was supposedly on GT4 that was in a screenshot that I could never find - a Tommy Makkinen liveried red and white Evo VII rally car...)

I think it was the Lancer Evolution VII Rally Car 2001, which was in GT Concept. Or the concept Lancer Evolution VII Rally Car from GT3. :D

gt3concept_790screen009.jpg

Last edited:
I think it was the Lancer Evolution VII Rally Car 2001, which was in GT Concept. Or the concept Lancer Evolution VII Rally Car from GT3. :D

gt3concept_790screen009.jpg
Awesome car, i got so disapointed after knowing that car wouldn´t be in GT4 and all of the GT´s after that 1... I´ve searched for it for ages in GT5, getting to know then, that it wasn´t in the game...

Thanks for clearing that up for me bud :)
No problem. :) I was dissapointed about that Lancer not being in GT4/5/6. I miss the car too. I raced quite a lot with it at Swiss Alps. I miss pod too. Such a cute car. I got terribly sad that it wasn't in GT4. :( But I played the pod race around 100 times and never got bored. :embarrassed:

Found some more additional information

The 1,500cc, 1.5 Litre double overhead cam (DOHC), 16 valve 4 Cylinder engine (1NZ-FE) produces no less than 130 BHP at 3,400 rpm. The pod transfers this power to the wheels via a 5 speed Automatic Transmission connected to Toyota's front wheel drive system. this car is capable of 0-100 km/h in 7.4 secs and a top speed of 165 km/h +

The 1NZ-FE engine produces 430 Nm of torque, this torque is transferred to the road on a pair of 215/60-R16 profile wheels.

Found how they control the car also

toyota_pod_manu-i01.jpg

Found some more additional information

The 1,500cc, 1.5 Litre double overhead cam (DOHC), 16 valve 4 Cylinder engine (1NZ-FE) produces no less than 130 BHP at 3,400 rpm. The pod transfers this power to the wheels via a 5 speed Automatic Transmission connected to Toyota's front wheel drive system. this car is capable of 0-100 km/h in 7.4 secs and a top speed of 165 km/h +

The 1NZ-FE engine produces 430 Nm of torque, this torque is transferred to the road on a pair of 215/60-R16 profile wheels.

Found how they control the car also

View attachment 156917
I thought that was some sort of cup holder or... Something to store drinks or food. :dunce: :lol:

The definitive incarnation of the ideal of the cute key-car... Only, it isn't a keycar because it has a 130 hp engine and it does the 0-100 faster than a NA MX-5.

All of this while wagging its tail and emitting cute sounds.

This would be fun to drive. There's a 🤬 of Toyota's in GT and they removed this?

Last edited:
Man ... that car was like a cute puppy version of a robo-car X)
It's like it fits to be a sort of an anime taxi service car for family & especially the kids will just get close to it to hug the car XD

Back