Toyota TS030 now in GT6

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 343 comments
Some screen captures for you guys:

061714-1701-02.jpg 061714-1700-49.jpg 061714-1701-15.jpg 061714-1701-05.jpg 061714-1700-56.jpg 061714-1700-37.jpg

Just as a note, this TS030 is the first development package. This was between Silverstone and Le Mans, and extended the rear wing to within the 200mm no man's land that was a grey area in the rulebook:

ToyotaTS030Silverstone2012-TMG1.jpg

Audi protested it quite heavily, because they said it was a rear wing extension, which is banned. Toyota got away with it, because the extensions were also rear bodywork extensions, which were deemed legal.

Lmao.
But really the reason PD choose TS030 is because they cant put current racing cars to Gran Turismo. Its still a top secret by manufacturer until its racing season has passed.
Because what happens if PD would put current racing cars?

Mmmm this car is great, but without his hybrid power its kind of.... :mad: ! Great addiction to the game but it would be better a 'complete' car rather than a 50% non hybrid car, i hope maybe they will add the hybrid power in a later fix....anyway a proper sexy car 👍

The hybrid system makes this thing rocket out of heavy braking turns and standing starts with a full charge will get you further up the grid (or away from it ;)) pretty easily.

With a set up that will compensate for when the battery's go flat and give you mind blowing acceleration when not, this car will be very tough to beat. 👍

I had a go with the TS030 at Spa and Le Mans in single player and it appears the hybrid system has been modelled like the real car. Sometimes, I'm glad to be proved wrong after having initial doubts. I first thought that the % bar was something else entirely, but after seeing the video, I understand now that it's the percentage capacity for the super-capacitor hybrid unit.

As far as i know the hybrid power in the TS030 was sent to the rear wheels. The e-tron quattro, porsche hybrid and new TS040 send the power to the front wheels for acceleration out of corners (4 wheel drive for a short time).

Now ear that and tell me what do you think about it:

Jeah engine swap striked again ^^

What might be a good soundsample for the TS030 is the M3 GTR race car (E46) one from GT5 BEFORE they changed it in a update.

That one

(it was actually a bretty good sample, compared to the real race car. No clue why they changed it in an update, the GT6 version also got the "new wrong" soundsample)

Last edited:
I had a go with the TS030 at Spa and Le Mans in single player and it appears the hybrid system has been modelled like the real car. Sometimes, I'm glad to be proved wrong after having initial doubts. I first thought that the % bar was something else entirely, but after seeing the video, I understand now that it's the percentage capacity for the super-capacitor hybrid unit.

No, it isn't. In real life, the TS030 '12 develops about 800hp (or better). More than 500hp for the thermic engine, and about 300hp for hybrid system at acceleration. Here we only have the thermic power (560hp).

If it has really the hybrid system, try to beat the best lap on Le Mans 2012 with this car, 3.24.842 during qualifying practice. I don't think that's possible. :indiff:

Wait, they actually modeled the hybrid system as well? PD are a bunch of sneaky bastards, that just makes the car that much better. I think this should silence the critics about GT6 being abandoned

Can't wait for 1.10! :D

No, it isn't. In real life, the TS030 '12 develops about 800hp (or better). More than 500hp for the thermic engine, and about 300hp for hybrid system at acceleration. Here we only have the thermic power (560hp).

If it has really the hybrid system, try to beat the best lap on Le Mans 2012 with this car, 3.24.842 during qualifying practice. I don't think that's possible. :indiff:

If it is based on the higher downforce Silverstone spec, then you would need to fiddle with the gearing and downforce levels before attempting to beat that qualifying lap.

If it is based on the higher downforce Silverstone spec, then you would need to fiddle with the gearing and downforce levels before attempting to beat that qualifying lap.

There is not 10s difference between the two spec. As an example, take Audi #3 (LM spec) at Spa this year and #1 & #2 with high downforce. Same for Toyota last year between the two cars #7 & #8.

You can feel it out of heavy braking corners, it's a rocket ship till about 125MPH (depending on the situation) and then the acceleration declines heavily.

And try beat the R18 pole time as well, just as difficult as the TS030.

I was just testing a LeMans setup and on RH tyres I ran a 3:35. At most you could get it under 3:30 but unless you're drafting someone all the way round I can't see anyone getting close to it.

Back