Toyota TS030 now in GT6

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 343 comments
No, it isn't. In real life, the TS030 '12 develops about 800hp (or better). More than 500hp for the thermic engine, and about 300hp for hybrid system at acceleration. Here we only have the thermic power (560hp).

If it has really the hybrid system, try to beat the best lap on Le Mans 2012 with this car, 3.24.842 during qualifying practice. I don't think that's possible. :indiff:

It's not really possible in all the LMP's in GT sadly, they just don't have the same amount of grip and downforce that the real cars do. Even if you abuse the physics and use 0 camber and run a really pointy setup you still cant get the same corner speed, even on racing soft tyres. We also don't have the Le Mans aero kit, and reducing the downforce to try and get the top speed doesn't work because you still have a lot of drag compared to that aero kit.

I'm not sure if there is a hybrid system working in the GT6 version or not, would be nice if they could confirm if it is modelled. It should provide around 800BHP total to the rear wheels, but it'll deploy most of it straight away out of a tight corner. Problem we have in GT is that we can enable TC but it's a really unrealistic implementation of it which will just slow the car down. The car is designed to run with TC on, so running it off isn't optimal, but then nor is the silly GT6 TC.

Fun car, did a bunch of laps at Apricot Hill in it, on racing hard tyres I ran some 1:09's, but if I reduced the camber to 0 it can go quite a bit faster. PD still haven't fixed that, even in this latest update - I like to run with it just because it makes the car look like it should. It's quicker than the R18 for me, but a bit slower than the 908 over a lap because of the straight line speed difference which was around 20MPH on the front straight. Corner speed is as good if not better with the Toyota though. Driving position is bit too far forward, need something between this and the R18 really. Sound is alright, didn't expect anything special as it's GT. It's a slight shame that we cant choose between the 7 and 8 car, and that they haven't done the 2013 version, but you cant have it all. I was shocked enough at news that it was included in the latest update.

It's not really possible in all the LMP's in GT sadly, they just don't have the same amount of grip and downforce that the real cars do. Even if you abuse the physics and use 0 camber and run a really pointy setup you still cant get the same corner speed, even on racing soft tyres. We also don't have the Le Mans aero kit, and reducing the downforce to try and get the top speed doesn't work because you still have a lot of drag compared to that aero kit.

I'm not sure if there is a hybrid system working in the GT6 version or not, would be nice if they could confirm if it is modelled. It should provide around 800BHP total to the rear wheels, but it'll deploy most of it straight away out of a tight corner. Problem we have in GT is that we can enable TC but it's a really unrealistic implementation of it which will just slow the car down. The car is designed to run with TC on, so running it off isn't optimal, but then nor is the silly GT6 TC.

Fun car, did a bunch of laps at Apricot Hill in it, on racing hard tyres I ran some 1:09's, but if I reduced the camber to 0 it can go quite a bit faster. PD still haven't fixed that, even in this latest update - I like to run with it just because it makes the car look like it should. It's quicker than the R18 for me, but a bit slower than the 908 over a lap because of the straight line speed difference which was around 20MPH on the front straight. Corner speed is as good if not better with the Toyota though. Driving position is bit too far forward, need something between this and the R18 really. Sound is alright, didn't expect anything special as it's GT. It's a slight shame that we cant choose between the 7 and 8 car, and that they haven't done the 2013 version, but you cant have it all. I was shocked enough at news that it was included in the latest update.
The hybrid system works.

I came on to GTP News to check update content while on break in work. When I saw we got the Toyota TS030-HYBRID I muttered 'Yes!' to myself. One of the girls asked what is it and I pretended I made an unusual sounding yawn.

I'm am so delighted to get this car as it has been my most wanted. It feels great to get something I've longed for.

Super stuff PD!

Last edited:
Not that I doubt you, but was there definitive proof other than a display in the car going up and down? I may have missed it skimming through the posts.
There's hybrid info on the HUD, and it accelerates to 125mph like a Group C.

Not that I doubt you, but was there definitive proof other than a display in the car going up and down? I may have missed it skimming through the posts.
I actually have some proof. I did a test on Route X. My acceleration after braking was much greater than when I slowed down without using the brakes.

Does anyone have external HD in the PS3?

In my situation, its impossible to proceed buying any other game, I dont have any space in my ps3...

and im not looking to delete any other game, my last one was Ace Combat Infinity which im playing a lot and occupied 3.2 gb....

I have a 320gb external HD from samsung at home, so like, i really need some space...

I was just testing a LeMans setup and on RH tyres I ran a 3:35. At most you could get it under 3:30 but unless you're drafting someone all the way round I can't see anyone getting close to it.
In TT mode on RH I just got a 28.5xx. I think that with a good tune, and a quicker driver 25s(time of the slower Toyota in 2012) are possible. With my tune, I was getting 210mph before the first chicane, but was sliding under breaking, and understeering through most corners.

Edit: Sorry, just realized that I wasn't on RH:dunce:. Just did a 32.0 on RH.

Last edited:
hsv
There's hybrid info on the HUD, and it accelerates to 125mph like a Group C.

I actually have some proof. I did a test on Route X. My acceleration after braking was much greater than when I slowed down without using the brakes.

Just tried some acceleration tests at Indy, looked at it on the data logger and you're right it definitly accelerates faster with the hybrid display in the car showing that it's charged up. Only problem I noticed was that any amount of braking will regen as quick as any other, so full braking slows the car more but the display only increases as much as if you use 10% braking for the same length of time.

Edit: Another slight issue, doesn't deploy until you're around 120KPH. That was a regulation for the Audi's as they had the hybrid system on the front wheels. If you use the same wheels as the engine drives you were allowed it at any speed. Not a huge issue, but it would make the car faster if they fix it.

Last edited:
You can't turbo or supercharge high pp race cars who's engines were highly strung already in real life. If you could get away with it in real life, you can likely do it in GT. If you couldn't do it physically to the engine in real life because it was already designed with a slim safety margin and is highly tuned to put out all the power it can, you can't do it in the game.

To your example: The Toyobaru engine is not highly tuned. It is somewhat tuned for power, but more so for things like longevity and fuel emmisions. There would be some real world gains by slapping a turbo on it and a new tune to go with it. This has been done in real life.

The TS030 was designed to be a naturally aspirated engine in which every single piece was designed and refined to give the maximum power and last for only about 30 hours. They have to be rebuilt. If you slap a turbo on it, you're gonna blow it up. You can't push it any harder.

It has been this way for as long as I can remember in GT. I've been playing since the first title. And I think it is a sound decision.

DSCN1244.JPG
DSCN1246.JPG
DSCN1249.JPG

Will have to join a LMP series on here now :)

Attachments

• DSCN1246.JPG
    DSCN1246.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Hmmm..., ZENT is also doing a real estate business.
BUT "ZENT Corporation is a company, whose headquarter is in Toyota, Aichi, and it runs pachinko parlors called ZENT in Aichi and Gifu." [http://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/善都] (translated by me)

P.S. I am not complaining, because I think every single livery should be accurately depicted. I am just wondering why the logic that illegal gamble (there is the gamble act, which designates legal gambles, in Japan) companies is ok but tobbaco and liquor companies are not is allowed.

I'm guessing Gambling (no matter how illegal it is) isn't as nearly an issue with children as Tobacco and Alcohol is. Come to think of it, that's actually not the first car (well, Toyota Race Car specifically) in GT that has Zent on the side. Then again, its possible that because ZENT has a real estate business that its what's plastered on the cars and not the Pachinko parlors (kinda like how Verizon could for instance get way with being on a car in the Sprint Cup Series because in addition to having its competing telecommunications business, it also has a Satellite service).

Last edited:
Total shock, this one being in the game now! Your thoughts? Anybody expected this?

By the way, the hybrid system works as it would in real life!

Personally, I couldn't be happier. It's beautiful and fast! The sound isn't very good.. But, aside from that, I love it.

I agree with you too. When I saw the price, I was thinking why it cost that much but when I drove it, I figured out why it did. Around the good wood festival of speed track, it is faster then my 1,000+ zonda r with the same tires and oil change.

So what does it do at Sarthe? Anyone running sub 3:30's?

What about compared to the R18, does it just blow it out of water at it's stock horsepower settings?

So what does it do at Sarthe? Anyone running sub 3:30's?
With a decent setup, it's quite easy.
What about compared to the R18, does it just blow it out of water at it's stock horsepower settings?
The R18 has gradually got better with each patch. It's actually more stable than the TS030 in this current state. In terms of raw pace though, the TS030 can even keep up with some Group C's.

Latest Posts

Back