Toyota TS030 now in GT6

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 343 comments
Oooh sorry, last I had heard the Toyota hit the Ferrari and pushed it into the Audi. Now they say they were separate incidents.

I didn't hear that at all...it was pretty clear to all of us watching that the Ferrari was too fast in a very drenched area and ran into the slower audi, the Toyota driver wrecked himself. But yeah glad you know what happened now.

Jesus I forgot about this. Toyota needs to stop crashing into other cars, the Delta wing last year (I think?) and the Audi AND Ferrari this year...Come on...
The Toyota was the first car into shot... the Ferrari took out the #3 Audi.

That describes about every car with a livery that's ever been in Gran Turismo. They put in so much time and effort modelling the cars and then just completely kill it with low res text and designs for the liveries.

Liveries are unfortunately quite heavy on RAM, a resource the PS3 is desperately short of. Often when games are ported to more powerful machines the first thing done is an upgraded texture pack. Hopefully we will see the same for when these cars hit GT7.

10496243_895762203772341_5258712919772788810_o.jpg

I just notice this after taking some pics. Aren`t the livery resolutions too low for a premium car? I see a lot of pixels. (Sorry if anyone else already spotted this, couldn't read the full topic ;) )
Semi-premium????

I wish PD gave us the option to tweak the hybrid system a little bit, I know depleting it at lower speeds when air resistance is lower seems to be most efficient, but you could make very interesting setups by adjusting the power output.

btw

Whats up with PD and their modern LMP1 hate? Besides the Peugeot every newish LMP car is gimped, no way in earth that Bentley is faster than a R10 or R18.

Ts030 is an amazing addition to this game, but it is stuck at roughly 650 PP while every other LMP or Group C sits at 700 or above with providing tuning options.

I don't think PD favors Group C cars over LMP, the LMP cars are just not as fast as they should be due to GT physics.

The drag/no drag issue that causes road cars to have crazy high top speeds has the opposite affect for cars that produce high downforce like most of the race cars in the game. They end up being much slower in a straight line then they are in real life. Also modern LMP cars have incredibly efficient aero compared to older race cars. It's amazing how fast they can be in a straight line, yet corner like an F1 car through places like the Porsche curves. In GT6 a set amount of downforce creates a set amount of drag, no matter how old or new the car, the physics can't model the efficiency of modern LMP aero.

Even if you crank the downforce right up on a LMP in GT6, you won't be able to get it to corner like it's on rails, and you'll just lose way too much straight line speed. You should always start a Le Mans setup in GT6 (for any car) by taking all the downforce down to the minimum, it's always going to get slower on a lap if you add any downforce. You'll feel like you're going too slow through the corners, but you'll actually get close to realistic straight line speeds and given how many big straights there are at Le Mans the lap time will be faster.

The older cars are faster than LMP1 in GT6 because the physics are too simple and the high power and low weight figures of the older cars therefore mean they are faster. In real life tires have come a long way too, but racing softs on an older car will grip just as well as racing softs on a modern car in the game, so again the physics let it all down.

I still find they're all fun to drive but, I've been having a blast all day with the Toyota. At first I couldn't even notice the hybrid system was working, and it still doesn't feel like an extra 300hp to me somehow, but it is there and it creates a different approach to driving the TS030. You can actually get more out of the car by deliberately trying to use your brakes in places where you normally wouldn't, just so you can get that little bit of charge and some extra speed on corner exit. So far I'm only just quicker than my R18TDI times so the two cars should be a great match up for head to head racing.

@jlmcmillan1978
Well thats an explanation. They should atleast give the TS030 a turbo so it can compete with the other prototypes/group c cars IMO.

Btw odds of us getting the 2012 R18 ultra and R18 e-tron quattro? We already have the 2011 car, it shouldn't be too hard for PD to implement those beasts (considering the lenght they go to clone every Nissan/Mazda road car lol)

I don't think PD favors Group C cars over LMP, the LMP cars are just not as fast as they should be due to GT physics.

The drag/no drag issue that causes road cars to have crazy high top speeds has the opposite affect for cars that produce high downforce like most of the race cars in the game. They end up being much slower in a straight line then they are in real life. Also modern LMP cars have incredibly efficient aero compared to older race cars. It's amazing how fast they can be in a straight line, yet corner like an F1 car through places like the Porsche curves. In GT6 a set amount of downforce creates a set amount of drag, no matter how old or new the car, the physics can't model the efficiency of modern LMP aero.

Even if you crank the downforce right up on a LMP in GT6, you won't be able to get it to corner like it's on rails, and you'll just lose way too much straight line speed. You should always start a Le Mans setup in GT6 (for any car) by taking all the downforce down to the minimum, it's always going to get slower on a lap if you add any downforce. You'll feel like you're going too slow through the corners, but you'll actually get close to realistic straight line speeds and given how many big straights there are at Le Mans the lap time will be faster.

The older cars are faster than LMP1 in GT6 because the physics are too simple and the high power and low weight figures of the older cars therefore mean they are faster. In real life tires have come a long way too, but racing softs on an older car will grip just as well as racing softs on a modern car in the game, so again the physics let it all down.

I still find they're all fun to drive but, I've been having a blast all day with the Toyota. At first I couldn't even notice the hybrid system was working, and it still doesn't feel like an extra 300hp to me somehow, but it is there and it creates a different approach to driving the TS030. You can actually get more out of the car by deliberately trying to use your brakes in places where you normally wouldn't, just so you can get that little bit of charge and some extra speed on corner exit. So far I'm only just quicker than my R18TDI times so the two cars should be a great match up for head to head racing.
I disagree with some of this.

While I agree that the physics do seem to give these modern LMP's a bit too much drag, at minimum downforce I am able to reach the real life speeds that the car achieved.

I also managed a 3:29.4 on Le Mans with NO aids (including ABS=0) which isn't way too far off real life times.

However, with MAX downforce, the car handles like a formula car. I just raced the Cape Ring race in the Dream Car championship and won against a BMW LMR V12 and Jaguar XJR V12 by a full minute.

That's a full minute in just 4 laps, even DESPITE starting last and having to pass everybody. I didn't even catch the leader until lap 2, meaning that I pulled out 20 seconds per lap on average against a monster Group C car that would put up a real fight at a circuit like Le Mans.

I think that the only issue is that there's a slight miscalculation giving this car too much drag, but otherwise it's brilliant.

The reason for the PP being so low, I feel, is that A) PP seems to not calculate downforce when you adjust it (meaning that this car would demolish any similar PP cars on a technical track due to it's high downforce not being accounted for) and B) the hybrid system is not accounted for in PP. Though it wouldn't make much of a difference anyways, the hybrid system is worth seconds at Le Mans. Yet PP does not account for this.

As far as I can tell though, this car is a champion at endurance races like Le Mans 24 minutes due to it's pace AND economy, and it is UNBEATABLE with max downforce on technical tracks such as Cape Ring.

👍

EDIT: sorry for quoting you on accident, @ProjectWHaT

Liveries are unfortunately quite heavy on RAM, a resource the PS3 is desperately short of. Often when games are ported to more powerful machines the first thing done is an upgraded texture pack. Hopefully we will see the same for when these cars hit GT7.
Except the fact that the livery resolution is worse than any other premium LeMans cars.

As far as I know, there are two premium cars that have horrendous livery resolution, Blitz GTR and this car.

This.
TexasTyme214: This is a really fun car, and I can't wait to get another hybrid P1 car (if we get another). The only thing the irks me is that tracks don't have hybrid zones like they did in real life in 2012. So, this car gets access to that hybrid power all the time (as long as you charge it) instead of a couple straights.

I am amazed that we players are unable to have any sorts of control over the hybrid system at all. If any of you have driven the car around Mount Panorama, you'll notice that at the end of the first long straight, you'll charge the batteries up to 50/60% - braking dependant - and all that juice is gone as you start to accelerate through 4th gear.

That isn't my main gripe; the light braking zones that follow will only leave your car with 70-80% battery charge for Conrod straight (the 1.something mile one) and that really irritates me.

It'd me much nicer if we could set a button on the controller to work as hybrid activation - exactly like it is with nitrous - so that we could store the power for when we want to unleash it.

This.

I am amazed that we players are unable to have any sorts of control over the hybrid system at all. If any of you have driven the car around Mount Panorama, you'll notice that at the end of the first long straight, you'll charge the batteries up to 50/60% - braking dependant - and all that juice is gone as you start to accelerate through 4th gear.

That isn't my main gripe; the light braking zones that follow will only leave your car with 70-80% battery charge for Conrod straight (the 1.something mile one) and that really irritates me.

It'd me much nicer if we could set a button on the controller to work as hybrid activation - exactly like it is with nitrous - so that we could store the power for when we want to unleash it.

The drivers of the REAL cars don't have any control over harvesting or using hybrid power. It's a WEC rule to prevent push to pass happening.

That's one way to break her in!
10389651_10152184961956009_8318568051951252806_n.jpg

Getting acclimated with the car and in my hands it blows the R18 out of the water at La Sarthe 13. First sector of Haunidiers/Mulsanne straight it easily gets up to 328 kph before I have to brake into the first chicaine while the R18 struggles to get to 320 in the same section. So my fastest time at this track with the TS030 is a 3:30.001 while my fastest overall with the R18 is a 3:32.xx.which I haven't been able to replicate. All in all, I find the TS030 to be more nimble and controllable than the R18.

Note: I use a DS3 with triggers, TCS at 5, ABS at 1, no stability control and no SRF. Running with minimum downforce and stock horsepower.

Suspension:
Only changed toe values to 0.00/0.20

Brakes: 7/7

Wow.

So is it the down force settings? I ran the race and ended up 14th, fastest lap was a 3:49 because the audi drug me through the mulsanne

Wow.

So is it the down force settings? I ran the race and ended up 14th, fastest lap was a 3:49 because the audi drug me through the mulsanne

Reduce the downforce to the minimum allowed and start on racing softs. Stop for fuel at the end of lap 4 and equip racing mids. That's it, have fun :)

Holy guaca-:censored:ing-mole!

It's like hyperspacing! No, it's like tripping a la Hoffman!

PD finally made a Le Mans protoype that feels properly fun to drive. Of course it can be vicious, anything with over 500+HP necessarily is, but if you know half what you're doing the car is an absolute blast. Downforce is amazing, the traction at corner entry and mid corner is fantastic, I hadn't had that much fun pushing a car further and further. The Hybrid system makes sure you get out of the corners at RedBullX-esque speeds for a brief second.

I'm one of the most vocal critics of PD...yet I can't stop clapping my hands. That was properly fun. Sure, the sound sucks and the textures aren't up to par with other premium cars...but my god...the physics. Just...the physics, mohnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...

Still, it makes me think, why don't they update the Audis to that handling standard? I mean, the TS030 feels leaps and bounds better than the R18, and ten timeas more leaps and bounds better than the R10, in terms of driveability. WIth the TS030, the grip is there, you can perceive the downforce allowing you to do crazy stuff...but the R18 just feels like a fast-ish touring car that's got as much downforce as a GT3 and too much torque at low revs to be useful in any situation...and an unrealistically useless high end. Why the huck PD?

Well, I disgress. Toyota TS030. Awesome job. You're slightly less of a hack now, Kaz. Keep it up, and you can have more of my moneys :gtpflag:.

Last edited:
Don't you just want to cry for him? :guilty:

I actually did...bbbbut man tears, bro tears if you will , don't be mistaken! ;)

Oh, Satoshi, Satoshi. I felt your pain. I'm really hoping the guy gets a seat in Nismo's LMP1 program. After all, he was there again this year for Nissan only for the gearbox of that Zeod to go poo-poo mere minutes into the race.

Don't you just want to cry for him? :guilty:

I suspect thats the real reason why PD gives Toyota TS030 for free.

Toyota: Sorry for crashing your second favorite car 2 Years ago. Can we still just friends and sell that DLC. I need money.

PD: NO PROFIT FOR YOU (Playing GT6 as Deltawing crashing into TS030 repeatedly). Oh, and I take your Lexus too thank you very much.

Last edited:
Back