Toyota TS030 now in GT6

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 343 comments
Damn you low resolution livery..

ib2wDHipXaVWnt.jpg

ibhzkVQnN9aceX.jpg

Last edited:
Livery looks decent enough except for those jaggy lines (perhaps a result of iffy downsampling from a larger texture?) but the roof cam ruins this car for me. I don't know what they were thinking, it's such an unnatural view to drive from.

Livery looks decent enough except for those jaggy lines (perhaps a result of iffy downsampling from a larger texture?) but the roof cam ruins this car for me. I don't know what they were thinking, it's such an unnatural view to drive from.
I agree. I find it much harder to drive from compared to a normal hood view, which is the camera I always drive with (can't stand chase view, don't like bumper cam much, and the cockpit view is similar to real life: not very good) so to only have a roof cam instead of hood cam is a shame.

Which soundsample did it get? Toyota GT one :nervous: ?

Basically, a higher pitched Subaru BRZ GT300 Sound Sample. Not exactly what I found great either but considering I didn't even see this car coming, I can't say I was expecting much.

Last edited:
Basically, a higher pitched Subaru BRX GT300 Sound Sample. Not exactly what I found great either but considering I didn't even see this car coming, I can't say I was expecting much.
Sounds more like a tuned Subaru to me.

I agree. I find it much harder to drive from compared to a normal hood view, which is the camera I always drive with (can't stand chase view, don't like bumper cam much, and the cockpit view is similar to real life: not very good) so to only have a roof cam instead of hood cam is a shame.

Indeed, bonnet cam is always my preferred view in any game, the vast majority of GT5 and GT6 cars have some sort of roof cam but most are tolerable, only really the tall cars feel weird. With the previous DLC cars though they had been implementing pretty good bonnet cams so it was disappointing for them to go back to a roof cam for this one. The FOV just looks really weird, I can't get on with it. It's not even on the front of the cockpit 'bubble', it's set further back so you can see the end of the air intake.

I personally don't mind. This machine and many others give me no issue, unlike the 458 :ouch:

I do prefer a fully fledged hood view though.

Wow.

So is it the down force settings? I ran the race and ended up 14th, fastest lap was a 3:49 because the audi drug me through the mulsanne

All I did was run on race mediums, pit at the end of the 4th lap, fill to 75 for fuel and then run fast enough to cross the line before the clock runs out to get the lap in you need to pass the leaders who are in the pits. You can probably get away with a little more fuel because it is close but I'd say you wouldn't need more than 80.

I managed to get a 3:25.2xx with that beauty in stock conditions, only oil change and racing soft tyres. The secret is to reduce downforce to the minimum: this way I managed to reach 338 km/h at the end of the first Mulsanne straight.
in general at La Sarthe, it seems to me that minimum downforce is the way to go until you're driving cars with less than 850 HP. after that point, the loss in straight line for carrying max downforce is compensated by the time you gain in the porsche curves and in corners in general.

Last edited:
It's not utterly terrible, it's tolerable even if inaccurate. It's not miles and miles away off like the Sauber C9 or the BMW Z4 GT3.

I wish PD adapted the electrical mode in pits as the limiter. Then as you leave the V8 cranks on. It's surreal. But it works.

The only thing your video tells me is that it is utterly terrible and it isn't tolerable. It's just plain wrong and awful.

I absolutely love it this car. It's just so powerful, the wheels spin and take off kinda like the 97T but without turbo lag. The only non-formula style car I own that's faster is my 2J and that car is WAY hax. Not that the TS030 isn't though because it punches far above it weight. Easy on fuel and tyres too. I can comfortably with Nurburgring 24min without stopping. I don't even mind the sound all that much.

Just perfect. :bowdown:

I meant free in regards to in game credits, not real money. We get the VGT gifted because the manufacturer wants everyone to drive them, it's a marketing exercise for them. Same for the M4 and Hudson. For the rest they're going to want you to buy them, hence why there were far fewer gift cars in career mode in comparison to previous games.

I meant free in regards to in game credits, not real money. We get the VGT gifted because the manufacturer wants everyone to drive them, it's a marketing exercise for them. Same for the M4 and Hudson. For the rest they're going to want you to buy them, hence why there were far fewer gift cars in career mode in comparison to previous games.

Hudson are using this as a marketing exercise? Wut?

No but that whole thing was about marketing and promotion for the game. It had more to it than just a 'normal' car addition like this Toyota or the IS-F.

Back