Track builder

• Thread starter Jack08520
  • 16 comments
United States
United States
Jack08520
So are we going to get track builder for GTS? I signed up for a track day at NJ Motorsports Park and pissed that I can’t drive Thunderbolt for a tuneup....

Considering how utterly poor (and late) the GT6 execution was, I'm honestly surprised people still want this.

Take it out behind the barn and shoot it. along with B-Spec.

When you had a tablet that could run it was actually very good in the short time it was available. Still limited in many ways, but I wouldn’t call it anywhere near the realm of bad.

As far as inclusion in GTS? I don’t think it will happen. Large, un-optimized render paths in the environments might be too much work for PD’s plans on the PS4. BUT, I don’t think we’ve seen the end of the course maker in the franchise as a whole, and I’d put money on seeing it pop up in the PS5 iterations.

Last edited:
Kaz said in an interview he wants to add it but I highly doubt it will be maybe for the next-gen title.

That feature still work on GT 6 ?
I mean I remember that Android app for it, but I guess that don't work anymore, because there's no servers available.

Well, it's been a long time, I didn't remember this detail ! I was really excited to try 6 again and make funny tracks ! :)
Stupidly Gt6 track editor was working with the Gt6 servers and when they shutdown the servers you cant access to those section of games. I had great times when driving on those custom tracks and its gone. :(

How long has the server for GT6 been operational ?
This only to know what the server lifetime of GT Sport will be on air .

Considering that all of the courses in Gran Turismo Sport have pre-baked lighting, I doubt we will see a Course Maker feature return anytime soon. Either lighting would have to be done in real-time and possibly contrast rather poorly to the other courses in the game, or lighting would have to be calculated and baked on-the-spot after the creation of the course on the console itself (or sent to a server for processing), which isn't currently feasible for either option. Considering how long it takes the developers to bake in lighting into a course, having to do so for thousands of uniquely generated courses and figuring out proper algorithms for such- it isn't really doable at this time.

I'd love to see the feature return, though, as I enjoyed it in both Gran Turismo 5, despite players' criticisms, and Gran Turismo 6. I did enjoy GT5's sheer randomness of the courses that would get generated; you could generate crazy ones that have unorthodox driving lines, extremely sharp corners, or absurd elevation changes where going full-speed would launch you into the air and into the barrier if you weren't careful; the variety of layouts was also better. I also enjoyed the feature in GT6, despite its shortcomings and taking nearly two years to release even since it was printed on the back of the game's case upon release.

A few members here developed some tools that allowed you to create some truly unique courses, even some old favorites:

JBhVeim.png

O3DZ7MP.png

1ye557t.png

yZL1Dvt.png

I would like to suggest that if the feature would be returning, we should have both a course generator and a course maker, and have the course making tools done either online in-browser, or (preferably) available in the game for all players to access and use.

Considering that all of the courses in Gran Turismo Sport have pre-baked lighting, I doubt we will see a Course Maker feature return anytime soon. Either lighting would have to be done in real-time and possibly contrast rather poorly to the other courses in the game, or lighting would have to be calculated and baked on-the-spot after the creation of the course on the console itself (or sent to a server for processing), which isn't currently feasible for either option. Considering how long it takes the developers to bake in lighting into a course, having to do so for thousands of uniquely generated courses and figuring out proper algorithms for such- it isn't really doable at this time.

I'd love to see the feature return, though, as I enjoyed it in both Gran Turismo 5, despite players' criticisms, and Gran Turismo 6. I did enjoy GT5's sheer randomness of the courses that would get generated; you could generate crazy ones that have unorthodox driving lines, extremely sharp corners, or absurd elevation changes where going full-speed would launch you into the air and into the barrier if you weren't careful; the variety of layouts was also better. I also enjoyed the feature in GT6, despite its shortcomings and taking nearly two years to release even since it was printed on the back of the game's case upon release.

A few members here developed some tools that allowed you to create some truly unique courses, even some old favorites:

JBhVeim.png

O3DZ7MP.png

1ye557t.png

yZL1Dvt.png

I would like to suggest that if the feature would be returning, we should have both a course generator and a course maker, and have the course making tools done either online in-browser, or (preferably) available in the game for all players to access and use.

Is that Landstrasse from NFS High Stakes?

Is that Landstrasse from NFS High Stakes?
Indeed it is! I'd have a screenshot for you from a replay I saved if I weren't too lazy to take one; the time of day settings for Eifel allowed you to get a cast of sunlight that's similar to the original course.

Back