Track Request Thread - Post the tracks you want to see!

I've found a few version of today Assen, most of them are very funny even if not particularly accurate, but I can't find anywhere the good old Assen. Does anyone have a link or would like to create it?

Length: 6027 m
Width: min 10 m - max 12 m
racecursus3-circuit-assen.jpg

I'll have a go :)

I'm having TT Assen '81 on board, thinking should I leave it without kerbs as real or just do it enjoyable with improvised kerbs.
Progress is 99% ready track layout, few unwanted banking needs to flatten and then apply kerbs or not.

... leave it without kerbs as real or just do it enjoyable with improvised kerbs ....

a question i ask myself

many of my tracks, i also drive real life, or hope to ... so i'm building them for some practice,
and so i usually try to duplicate kerbs as exactly as possible, so that the visual cues are the same

on some tracks, i will feel more free ...
> if i want to simulate more width by using the widening effect of kerbing,
>or if it's a track i want to race online with friends, it might need 'kerb enhancement'
to increase overtaking possibilities here and there

Ok, the 'old' 6km Assen TT now available here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/assen-tt-old-circuit.2787/

(direct link https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/gtxf-Samoht/course/1474972/ )

I went for a 10m width, on the grounds that the start-finish straight will be wider anyway, and there's more chance of achieving the turns accurately with a slightly narrower track.

It's actually quite tricky to work out the old layout accurately; the brown line on the map is nearly right, but it doesn't quite match what I can see of the old layout on google maps, so I followed the satellite as far as I can. The Strubben hairpin had to be moved slightly away from the start-finish straight for clearance, and the first corner moved out slightly to get CM to allow me to place the bridge on the approach, but otherwise I think it's accurate. It came out at 5973m, so less than 1% error in length.

It's an awesome track, with fantastic high-speed combinations of corners, a real challenge. Lots of fun to race on!

I've found a few version of today Assen, most of them are very funny even if not particularly accurate, but I can't find anywhere the good old Assen. Does anyone have a link or would like to create it?

Length: 6027 m
Width: min 10 m - max 12 m
racecursus3-circuit-assen.jpg

I'm having TT Assen '81 on board, thinking should I leave it without kerbs as real or just do it enjoyable with improvised kerbs.
Progress is 99% ready track layout, few unwanted banking needs to flatten and then apply kerbs or not.

Considering that it was mainly a motorbike track and that it is not that wide for car racing, yes, kerbs would be helpful, especially for overtakes. Also I think they won't upset the track, they just give you the chance to use a few more cm without losing control.

Edit: I've just watched a few videos on YT paying attention to the kerbs. I think a good compromise between the 80's absolute absence of them and their omnipresence in nowadays circuit would be following the 90's / early 2000's version, with a few kerbs where you expect they should be.

Last edited:
a question i ask myself

many of my tracks, i also drive real life, or hope to ... so i'm building them for some practice,
and so i usually try to duplicate kerbs as exactly as possible, so that the visual cues are the same

on some tracks, i will feel more free ...
> if i want to simulate more width by using the widening effect of kerbing,
>or if it's a track i want to race online with friends, it might need 'kerb enhancement'
to increase overtaking possibilities here and there

All my tracks are obeying real-world kerbs, exception on few street circuit which are without on real-life but added kerbs there on GT6 version.

Considering that it was mainly a motorbike track and that it is not that wide for car racing, yes, kerbs would be helpful, especially for overtakes. Also I think they won't upset the track, they just give you the chance to use a few more cm without losing control.

I'm putting kerbs there, this old '81 layout is narrower than many later revision of it, made 9.2m wide :) realism is realism.. but let's see what final version be..

I'm not sure if this was already suggested, but how about certain section Transfăgărăşan, beautiful Romanian road?

Death Valley or Andalucia would seem like a good theme for the construction.

Ill be doing a few versions of Long Beach (CA) GP Version and current. Stay tuned because I know thats been talked of before.

I would love to see someone attempt at Special Stage Route 11.
Either the GT1 or GT3 version will be just fine. I really miss this classic.

Can anyone make a track that's 1/4 test track like gt5? it will measure 0 to 60, 0 to 100 a 1/4 mile time. Also Gs forces.

Hey guys, someone should make all the Ebisu course layouts. I know that they are hard to trace to scale, but NoriYaro posted a video recently that may help.

Road Atlanta and Virginia Intnl are two tracks IMSA Weather Tech Sports car championship are run on. P PC GTLM GTD (GT3). I have found the other 10 tracks (some race Le Mans also). Has someone made these? Thanks

There's a brilliant course that could be done in Blackpool. I often driven along a route on way to mum in laws and thought 'if we could cone this off, go right at this junction etc with the roundabout and elevation changes it would be awesome!':eek::ill::)

So now you've gone and got me all psyched up to get on with trying it....I can't wait! :D :gtpflag:

Which track would you like to race on?
I guess there are a lot of people willing to create tracks for those who don't have a tablet.

Post the name of the track you would like to see made!

I'll start: Seattle (GT4)View attachment 454808

Back