Track Stars Touring Car Series - Series Finished - Mtla1984 is the ChampionFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 841 comments
Thanks Soks mate!, now we can get to some HARDCORE cruising nords! :) ha ha ha

was also great meeting you through the series!

Race Results - Round 16 Special Stage Route 5 150

Qualifying

1st: Mike_grpA - 1:19.101 (1 Point)
2nd: MTLA1984 - 1:19.164
3rd: ItzRacing - 1:19.378
4th: Elvis - 1:20.551
5th: bencrow_ - 1:21.729
6th: NW48 - 1:21.913
7th: fullgas - No Time Set

Laps Led

Mike_grpA - 33 Laps (2 Points)
MTLA1984 - 5 Laps (1 Point)
Elvis - 2 Laps (1 Point)

Race/Round Results

1st: Mike_grpA - 123 Points
2nd: MTLA1984 - 103 Points
3rd: Elvis - 88 Points
4th: bencrow_ - 72 Points
DNF: NW48 - 60 Points
DNF: ItzRacing - 48 Points
DNS: fullgas62 - 36 Points

2014 Australian Track Stars Touring Car Series Gala Awards

No series is complete without handing out awards to acknowledge the achievements of the drivers throughout the entire series. So without further ado, here are the award winners for the 2014 Australian Track Stars Touring Car Series.

Pole Award: ItzRacing

The pole award was decided solely on performances in the qualifying sessions for race 1 at every round. At the end of the season, ItzRacing and MTLA1984 were tied with 6 pole positions each. However ItzRacing takes the award based on the total pole position starts accumulated throughout the entire season, with 21 pole positions. The fact that the 2 title rivals tied for qualifying results shows how close the championship was!

Fastest Lap Award: ItzRacing

ItzRacing again showed he was a fast competitor, taking 7 Fastest laps from the 16 rounds contested. Again, Mtla1984 was not too far behind in the fastest laps, taking the honours in 6 rounds this season.

Rookie of the Year: MTLA1984

In what was going to be the most hotly contested rookie battles in years, it was Mtla1984 who stood out above the rest to claim the championship title and the rookie of the year honours along the way. In the end the results spoke for themselves with the Alfa Romeo driver taking more poles, race and round wins, podiums, and fastest laps than any other rookie!

Most Improved Driver: Elvis

A late comer to the series arriving halfway through the season, Elvis quickly set about improving his performances and earned a couple of race wins and pole positions in the process. There is no doubt that he will be amongst the front runners next season, and with a chance to complete the full season he may be a title contender.

Champion Team: Opel Team ItzRacing

With team owner ItzRacing taking 8 round wins and fullgas62 claiming the High Speed Ring 500, it was clear that the Opel team was the standout team of the season.

Best Presented Team: SexyTime Racing Team

Although their attendance was limited, the Sexytime Racing Team were one of the leaders in presentation and the knew how to have a good time. Very Nice!

Champion Manufacturer: Opel

In what was a closely fought contest between Opel and Alfa Romeo, the combined performances of Elvis, fullgas and ItzRacing throughout the year saw the Opel make scrape across the line to take the Manufacturers championship.

Hard Luck Award: fullgas62

Reliability issues really hampered his season and we are sure he would have been capable of some better results if he had the opportunity to complete more races.

Chairmans Award: bencrow_

This award goes to a driver who went about his business without complaints and was willing to help out wherever they could. Bencrow_ was willing to help out whenever issues came up and went about his business without complaints.

Bathurst Champion: MTLA1984

In a near faultless drive, Mtla1984 left his rivals in the dust and set himself up for title glory with the win at Bathurst.

High Speed Ring Champion: fullgas62

In his first start in the series, fullgas62 showed he had some serious speed when he was able to finish races. Pole Position, the race win, the fastest lap and most laps led, saw fullgas62 completely dominate the High Speed Ring 500 a huge upset considering a number of drivers already that had 2 rounds of racing experience this season

Special Stage Route 5 Champion: Mike_grpA

It was just his 2nd start in the series, but Mike_grpA showed he will be a force to be reckoned with by taking a convincing win in the Special Stage Route 5 round of the series. The race started as a close battle between Mike_grpA and championship contenders Mtla1984 and ItzRacing, before an engine failure from ItzRacing decided the title. From there Mike_grpA stretched his legs and claimed the win.

2nd Runner Up: bencrow_

Although he missed 4 rounds and only joined the series in round 4, bencrow_’s consistent driving helped him gain points on his competitors as they made mistakes and were struck down by issues, seeing Bencrow_ take 3rd place in the championship. 1 Round Win, 3 Podiums, 1 Pole Position and 1 Race Win proved his finish in the final standings was not a fluke.

Runner-Up: ItzRacing

The 12 time Champion certainly didn’t go down without a fight, with an unfortunate Finals series costing him the opportunity to take another title. The Opel driver still proved himself as one of the best in the series, leading nearly every possible statistic for the year with the exception of Podiums and the Point Score. 8 Round Wins, 21 Pole Positions, 22 Race Wins, 13 Round Podiums and 7 Fastest Laps all increased to the already large tally accumulated over the series history.

Champion Driver:
Mtla1984

In his rookie season, Mtla1984 proved himself as a Champion driver, with his consistency a model for his competitors to follow. Missing the podium positions only once the entire season, was a major factor in achieving a series championship. Of course it wasn’t just a consistent performance, with the Alfa Romeo driver taking 5 round wins, 12 pole positions, 12 race wins and setting 6 fastest laps (1 Short of a series high)

Best and Fairest: nosoks

A gentlemen racer who races hard but clean and is always near the pace, nosoks won plenty of fans throughout the season with his personality and driving. Nosoks is definitely a worth winner of the best and fairest award.

Best and Fairest: nosoks

A gentlemen racer who races hard but clean and is always near the pace, nosoks won plenty of fans throughout the season with his personality and driving. Nosoks is definitely a worth winner of the best and fairest award.

thats very nice thank you. My wife was looking over my shoulder when I saw this.......... her words "maybe they're being sarcastic" ROFL :lol: then again she DOES know me better than you fellas

LOL!!!!!! ha ha ha!

well then maybe the man you are out of the car is dif to the one within! :)

def the gentlemen racer and driver in general :)

thats very nice thank you. My wife was looking over my shoulder when I saw this.......... her words "maybe they're being sarcastic" ROFL :lol: then again she DOES know me better than you fellas

Oops I forgot to respond to that... well you definitely stoodout as the selection for best and fairest. You gave it your best and you seemed to have fun in the process and I think everyone could agree that you were great to race against and worth having on the track. :)

Major Changes Announced in Series Shake Up

At the Mount Panorama Circuit Today, ItzRacing announced a number of major changes in what is rebranding of the Australian Track Stars Touring Car Series effective from the beginning of 2015.

As of next year the series will be known as the CORE Australian V8Supercar Championship. With this change of names brings a new affiliation with the CORE (Competitive Online Racing Evolved) Organisation. Of course as the name suggests, the series will see a new set of regulations introduced, with all cars being Production based RWD cars with a V8 Engine. Ford, GM, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Lexus have all joined up to the series bringing the series to 5 Manufacturers.

Along with the change in car regulations, comes a change in race formats for next year which will see an increased emphasis fuel and tyre strategies in some races. Races using street circuits will run under a Super Street Format, seeing the introduction of a pair of longer races. The Super Sprint Formats will be run on the permanent circuits, utilising the trio of shorter races which were popular among competitors in this years Track Stars Touring Car Championship. It is also likely that an Enduro Cup will take place within the series, with the High Speed Ring 500, Bathurst 1000 and Monaco the likely hosts for these events if the Enduro Cup takes place.

"After speaking with a number of competitors and also with the managment of CORE it was determined that these changes were very much wanted and needed to continue the growth of an Australian based, Online Touring Car Series on Gran Turismo." Said Series Chairman ItzRacing. "We hope all these changes will bring extra enthusiasm to the series along with a few new faces. The race formats will give each round a unique dimension and the new car regulations should be a new challenge for every single driver. We are also pleased to announce the affiliation with CORE. They are a very professional organsition and will definitely help strengthen the series."

Final Specifications for each car are yet to be confirmed and will be announced at a later date, as soon as testing is complete. The circuits for the 2015 series have all been settled on, with an further announcement regarding a 2015 Calendar to come following the confirmation of various dates.

View attachment 271564
2014 Changes

Cars

RWD V8 Production based cars with additional aerodynamic modifiactions

Damage Now introduced.

Races

3 Different Types of Race Formats, Super Sprint, Super Street and Enduro

Super Sprint

Consists of 3 x 50 km races on Permanent Circuits

Super Street

Consists of 2 x 125-250 km race on Street Circuits

Greater Emphasis places on Tyre and Fuel Strategy

Enduro (TBD)

Long distance events requiring a co driver

Events are likely to be High Speed Ring 500, Bathurst 1000 and Monaco 600

Each driver required to complete half of the racing distance with races taking place in 2 different rooms following the CORE WEC format.

Ive been looking forwards to this coming Series since ITZ announced it back in Dec 11th, 2014.

As a fare few of us have been talking about this New Series via PM since last year, and most has been announced behind closed doors...I know its going to be brilliant, and it is not that far off from now before Race Day!

These V8's are just simply awesome and LOTS of fun to Drive, so...

Im just replying one last time in this thread just to say, i REALLY would love to see a lot of the Drivers from this past Series move with us to the all new V8 Series. Because i personally really enjoyed Driving with each and everyone of you.

Hope to see you all over at the New V8's Series Thread when @ItzRacing creates it!

Its over and out from me in this thread...Cheers.

Out of curiosity, who is running the V8s when CORE come in? I don't want them to be copying my regulations as I already run a V8 Supercar Championship..

Out of curiosity, who is running the V8s when CORE come in? I don't want them to be copying my regulations as I already run a V8 Supercar Championship..
Same here, I've got my own Australian Touring Car Series which does have a few V8's in Group A, and when my regs are finalised, I don't want them copied either as I've been working on them since October.

no mate, i follow your thread and talk to a certain driver in your Series. the power and specs i can confirm, its different.

hey NW, your from this series, you knew it was going to happen last year. your late with ideas!

Last edited by a moderator:
no mate, i follow your thread and talk to a certain driver in your Series. the power and specs i can confirm, its different.

hey NW, your from this series, you knew it was going to happen last year. piss off with your late ideas!

1: Thanks, I know who you mean I think :P
2: That attitude really needed?

hey NW, your from this series, you knew it was going to happen last year. piss off with your late ideas!
I've been working the ATCC since October-September, after the (GTOR) RMTC finished up, I lost interest in it but due to the Gen2 regs, my interest in my draft series was sparked again. It has nothing to do with your series, not even alike in anyway, so before you criticise, know the facts.

@Furinkazen you wont have to worry about anything. We have been doing our own thing and while I have looked at your thread, we have a different set of cars and a few things we have done differently to you.

This has actually been in the planning since September and was even one of the considered ideas as far back as July when looking into Cars to replace the set I used this season. Actually NW, i believe you were aware of these plans back in September....

@Furinkazen This has actually been in the planning since September and was even one of the considered ideas as far back as July when looking into Cars to replace the set I used this season. Actually NW, i believe you were aware of these plans back in September....
No I wasn't. I was never a part of your 'secret circle' where anyone outside of it was at a disadvantage because you and the secret circle would do what's best for yourselves. One word. Nepotism.

no worries NW, at least you cant be booted out your own room for blocking a front runner from lapping you and you pushing them into the wall. i watched that last race reply from this series, and seriously mate, i certainly would not be proud of what you did to Mike! anyways, good luck in your series.

no worries NW, at least you cant be booted out your own room for blocking a front runner from lapping you and you pushing them into the wall. i watched that last race reply from this series, and seriously mate, i certainly would not be proud of what you did to Mike! anyways, good luck in your series.

He dc'd all by himself...

Nw there's no need for that, I tried to help you when I came into it, even gave you a tune that got me pole, and a convincing race win. You managed to come dead last, and couldn't even move over when I lapped you, you purposely rammed me multiple times, despite not even being in the same race it seemed. Two words buddy: SORE LOSER

Oh btw, I still won the race by a good margain, despite your best efforts to sabbotage me

If you at all know racing, I do not have to leave the racing line, well at least in karts anyway, and whenever I let him past, he stuffed it up, so I had to pass him again, then he lag punted me. Again, get your facts right.

Finally, you's are all showing your true colours, now we just need Mtla1984 to show his true colours then it shows that I've been right all along. End of transmission. Buh-bye again, life's been better without you's.

If you at all know racing, I do not have to leave the racing line, well at least in karts anyway, and whenever I let him past, he stuffed it up, so I had to pass him again, then he lag punted me. Again, get your facts right.

the replay speaks for its self. should we upload it and see what others think? :D

You never let me past hahaha you weaved around violently trying to block me and crashed right in front of me, I passed you another time, and you took a massive dive down the inside trying to get back past me, a move that would have never stuck as you ran me off into a wall. You were supposed to be my team mate, and more to the point, you were a SLOWER CAR ABOUT TO BE LAPPED BY THE LEADER.

Oh and you showed us all your true colours when you couldn't race cleanly, didn't have the humility to let a faster car lap you, spat the dummy and rage quit like a baby after you were warned for bad sportsmanship, and then complained to anyone who would listen, including people in your other championship who had no idea who you were talking about lol.

We told you when you thought you could waltz into the testing for this years championship that you weren't welcome, so don't act like you chose not to come back, or you're somehow better off lol. You were the ONLY dirty racer in the series, and the only dummy spitter. If you think anyone will miss you this year you're delusional :lol:

Last edited:
Finally, you's are all showing your true colours, now we just need Mtla1984 to show his true colours then it shows that I've been right all along. End of transmission. Buh-bye again, life's been better without you's.

true colours? ahhh, thats right, your right and the rest of the world is wrong. far-enough mate.

Sorry NW, but im not sure what this Secret circle idea was all about. You were involved in a conversation with me about forming a group so we could run a bunch of Australian Series so we could promote all series to a larger audience of Australian racers. Within that you were more than made aware of the fact that I would be transforming this series into a v8supercar series. You then chose to go your own way with GTOR, which I didn't have a problem with. From there you were also involved in a number of conversations to do with the series. Including the Finals discussion which i gave you a say on a part of a dedicated group of drivers. So there was definitely no 'secret circle' so to speak.

I really like how your excuses imply that you were the faster car and somehow I was the inferior driver stuffing up. If that was the case, how had I lapped consistently so much faster than you to be in a position to lap you in only 20 laps of ssr5?:lol:

I was lapping something like 3 seconds or more per lap faster than you lmao, with the same car, and an identical tune

Sorry NW, but im not sure what this Secret circle idea was all about. You were involved in a conversation with me about forming a group so we could run a bunch of Australian Series so we could promote all series to a larger audience of Australian racers. Within that you were more than made aware of the fact that I would be transforming this series into a v8supercar series. You then chose to go your own way with GTOR, which I didn't have a problem with. From there you were also involved in a number of conversations to do with the series. Including the Finals discussion which i gave you a say on a part of a dedicated group of drivers. So there was definitely no 'secret circle' so to speak.
Dedicated drivers is a different thing, see. The 'secret circle' of your's made decisions behind everyone's back that only benefited yourselves. Which is, nepotism. The Grand Valley round is a good example. You never mentioned a thing about a season 2 of this, and if you did, you must've made it quite vague. My ATCC series isn't a V8 Supercars series, you're using the old V8's, I'm using Gen2 regs, completely different. Mine is a throwback to the heyday of Touring Car Racing in OZ, your's is a carbon copy of the 2013/14 format. Different. As I said earlier, end of transmission, buh-bye, enjoying life without you's.

I really like how your excuses imply that you were the faster car and somehow I was the inferior driver stuffing up. If that was the case, how had I lapped consistently so much faster than you to be in a position to lap you in only 20 laps of ssr5?:lol:

I was lapping something like 3 seconds or more per lap faster than you lmao, with the same car, and an identical tune
Easy, I have a life outside of the virtual world with many sport commitments and friends, I have no time to practice for a series that was suppose to about fun, but with a few people joining, that was turned upside down. I'll admit, not practising was my downfall, I was not the best, Mtla1984 was definitely the best in this series, what I'm not happy about was how this series was run. As I've said TWICE now, buh-bye, life has been better without you's. Good luck with a series that has already been done more than enough times with varying levels of success.

giphy.gif

Back