Track Stars Touring Car Series - Series Finished - Mtla1984 is the ChampionFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 841 comments
Brilliant! coming into the chicane nas was stationary it seemed and i just plowed into the back of him!, was too fast and tight i didn't have time to react!. Sox was piling on the pressure so i got going asap!. Great racing all round!, hope some more of the drivers can make the next round, will be a great track to have a swathe of cars hoofing around!

cheers for the review and championship standings Itz

Thanks mate. Ive realised how much hard work this is, and there is only 27 laps of racing! I'd hate to think of the work @Greasy07 puts in with his race reports for a 90 minute race...

I'll be posting a tidier version of the Round and Series Standings shortly :)

yeah while i was watching the replays i was thinking about how hard it would would be to follow all the pertinent race moves and incidents unless watching it from every drivers perspective that is! (who has the time!!), i think you have done a great job. if you like i can take one off you hands every so often and write the report? if it gets a bit much and you need a hand i don't mind at all.

Round 1 Results - Monaco

Qualifying

Pole Position Nasanu 1:31.722
2nd) Nosoks 1:32.914
3rd) ItzRacing 1:32.937
4th) MTLA1984 1:33.525
5th) NW48 1:35.189

Race 1 Results

1st Nasanu 40pts
2nd MTLA1984 34pts
3rd ItzRacing 29pts
4th Nosoks 24pts
DNF NW48 20pts

Race 2 Results

1st ItzRacing 40pts
2nd MTLA1984 34pts
3rd Nasanu 29pts
4th Nosoks 24pts
DNF NW48 20pts

Race 3 Results

1st ItzRacing 40pts
2nd Nasanu 34pts
3rd MTLA1984 29pts
4th Nosoks 24pts

Fastest Laps

1st Nasanu 1:31.638 (1 point)
2nd ItzRacing 1:32.325
3rd MTLA1984 1:32.458
4th Nosoks 1:32.888
5th NW48 1:34.732

Laps Led

ItzRacing 18 Laps (2 Points)
MTLA1984 7 Laps (1 Point)
Nasanu 2 Laps (1 Point)

Round Results

1st ItzRacing 111
2nd Nasanu 106
3rd MTLA1984 98
4th Nosoks 72
5th NW48 40

yeah while i was watching the replays i was thinking about how hard it would would be to follow all the pertinent race moves and incidents unless watching it from every drivers perspective that is! (who has the time!!), i think you have done a great job. if you like i can take one off you hands every so often and write the report? if it gets a bit much and you need a hand i don't mind at all.

Yeah it was certainly very hectic racing, yet we had very few incidents! Thanks for the offer, but NW48 had offered to do the reports, I was just filling in for this week as he didnt complete race 3. Very much looking forward to next weeks racing. @fullgas62 @SteveEnforcer and @Gazmanotr56 will you be racing?

So Deep Forest Reverse... I'll need to practise, I've only raced there once before and it certainly wasn't in reverse.
dunce[1].gif

Yeah it was certainly very hectic racing, yet we had very few incidents! Thanks for the offer, but NW48 had offered to do the reports, I was just filling in for this week as he didnt complete race 3. Very much looking forward to next weeks racing. @fullgas62 @SteveEnforcer and @Gazmanotr56 will you be racing?
i'll try and make it mate i'm just hanging in there seeing how my wrist is feeling

Drivers Briefing Round 2

Deep_Forest.jpg

Circuit: Deep Forrest Raceway (Reverse Direction)

Race Length: 3 x 8 Lap Races

Circuit Time: N/A

Weather: N/A

Well done to all who competed in round 1. It was pretty much a perfect night. There were no major incidents to report of, with the exception of Nasanu jumping the start which was dealt with immediately. As a result I should only need to outline a couple of points which are specific to this track.

Pit Entries / Exits

White Lines are in place at the pit entry and also the pit exit, so please observe these lines and keep within them if you are entering or exiting the pit lane.

Corner Cutting

There are a number of places where it is possible to cut the corner. We ask that your car has at least 2 wheels on the racing surface, which means you can have 2 wheels over the kerbs. Turn 11 has a run of area at the exit which also runs into turn 12. We ask that you do not abuse this run off area.

Car Specs

I will be undergoing further testing in the next week to sort out if there is a BOP issue with the Mercedes Benz. I hope to have car specs sorted for this car before the next race and allow drivers time to set their car up.

High Speed Ring 500

High Speed Ring Map.png

It is at this time I will throw open the entries for the High Speed Ring 500. We will be allowing a 15 car field into the race. All drivers who have committed to the entire season at this point will be guaranteed automatic entry, with the remaining 6 positions available for anyone else to enter. Drivers making one off entries for this race will be able to choose any car they wish to. Please be aware that Car Specs are still subject to change at this point. To enter, just post your GTPlanet Username/ PSN ID / Car Choice.

Example. ItzRacing/ ItzRacing / Opel Calibra

Qualifying

Following the conclusion of the 2nd round we will immediately move into Qualifying for the High Speed Ring 500. The plan is to have qualifying begin at 9:45pm ACST or immediately following the completion of racing. We are doing this to help save some time the following week at this looks like being a 2+ Hour race. There are no areas of the track which will cause concern in regards to gaining time so this should be relatively straight forward. All I ask is to make sure you get some practice in beforehand as we will go straight into qualifying. I will extend the session to 20 minutes so everyone has time to adjust to the track before setting a fast time.

Can we just have penalties on for corner cutting? They do a good job generally (but really suck at bathurst) and I hate leaving it up to subjective opinion.

Can we just have penalties on for corner cutting? They do a good job generally (but really suck at bathurst) and I hate leaving it up to subjective opinion.

I will check it out, generally everyone is pretty good and usually it is once or twice that corner cutting happens which I am happy to overlook if no one gains a huge advantage from it.

So far it seems we are def fair enough of a group to self police the corner cuttings, but again, am up for letting the game determine the penalties if we have to

I'm against the turning on of penalties in the races. GT has the worst penalty system in a racing game. And if we were to do that, contact wouldn't be allowed either and I love the ole' touring car audacity that we had in the opening laps of Race 1 at Monaco, turning on penalties will disallow that close racing to happen. Self-policing a reviewing the replays after the race seem like the best option.

i second this! ^^^

If any unique racers for the high speed ring 500 want to join the alpha squad i am more than happy to have a practice session and do some setup talk/trials to see what we can get out this red devil! its got some juice but could def do with some suspension tuning that's for sure!

Itz, will there be a required amount of pit stops or compound changes for this enduro?

Last edited:
Sign me up for the 2 hour

It's alright, everyone who has signed up before round 1 is guaranteed a spot in the 500.

I'm against the turning on of penalties in the races. GT has the worst penalty system in a racing game. And if we were to do that, contact wouldn't be allowed either and I love the ole' touring car audacity that we had in the opening laps of Race 1 at Monaco, turning on penalties will disallow that close racing to happen. Self-policing a reviewing the replays after the race seem like the best option.

NW48 has brought up a valid point which I forgot about. Turning penalties on will introduce the Nanny like collision penalties. With that being said I disagree about it being the worst penalty system. That honour goes to V8Supercars 3.

Last edited:
NW48 has brought up a valid point which I forgot about. Turning penalties on will introduce the Nanny like collision penalties. With that being said I disagree about it being the worst penalty system. That honour goes to V8Supercars 3.
I loved V8 Supercars penalty system, it actually penalised you properly unlike GT6 which just slows you down and makes you transparent. V8 Supercars 3 is still my favourite racing game of all-time. The variety, realism (for its time), expansive career, track list, etc is just jaw-dropping. It was way ahead of its time!!!

DAMN!!! Sorry I missed it guys, have the pending birth of my first grandson due any day and i'm all over the joint!! I can't make this Thursday as I'm heading to Coffs Harbour for the WRC . . . But still keen if you're ok for me to miss these couple . . .

No problems as long as we know what you are up to. When you are ready you are more than welcome to join us :)

I should also add that my family decided to pick Thursday night to go out for dinner for my birthday -_- (for the record my birthday is on Wednesday) so it may be a bit sketchy whether I am back from dinner to start racing. So if possible can someone step in as a back up host just in case I can't make it for the start of the night?

I can run it or we can start a bit later or something? I think it's best if we have our bernie running the show though ;) and would even be prepared to miss a week to keep the championship fair...

Congrats and good luck fullgas!!

I'm hopeful it shouldn't be more than 2 hours at dinner but I also don't want to keep everyone waiting if it goes longer.

Unfortunately we don't have wriggle room with our calendar as the last 2 weeks of the year are Xmas and NYE so I'm sure most people will have commitments on both those days.

No problems as long as we know what you are up to. When you are ready you are more than welcome to join us :)

I should also add that my family decided to pick Thursday night to go out for dinner for my birthday -_- (for the record my birthday is on Wednesday) so it may be a bit sketchy whether I am back from dinner to start racing. So if possible can someone step in as a back up host just in case I can't make it for the start of the night?
I'll be up for being the back-up host

a couple of ideas..

i just did a few 8 lap sim races, took around 9 min max (AI cars where slow so i know if it were us racing it would be a fair chunk faster), we can def start a few hours later and it wouldnt be that difficult (prob an hour all up from room open to close)

or

make it a day before or after... if everyone is free ob!
(as you can tell im keen! hahaha)

Yeah at 1:13's at least, it should only be 10 minute races. With 10 minute breaks between races 1 & 2 and also 2&3 we could get it done in an hour. I guess at the worst we could wait until 8:00 and if I'm not there someone opens a back up room to start at 8:30 and I join in when I can.

sounds good to me but i am up for waiting longer if need be and if everyone else is up for it, a few hours just gives us a little more time to settle in after work.... :) otherwise myself or NW can host until you get in.

I'll see how I am going after dinner mate in regards to practicing.

I think i should be fine for making it on Thursday but I just want to make sure all bases are covered just in case it gets to that point! :)

Back