TRANS AM & CAN AM / Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST: CHAMPIONS Flaco T7 & Lex Lathor TA1 & 2Finished 

I'll not be able to race today with it being easter, next week should be Ok. Just to confirm, 5pm GMT would be 6pm in the UK? Also, what are the PP regs for the tour of Britain cars? This looks excellent

What are the PP regs for the tour of Britain cars?

Hi Buybon - extract from the thread:

The cars were all road legal, raced on road tyres (there were prizes for competitors using Avon tyres) and the cars were categorized based on purchase price - James Hunt won overall in the top class which was for cars costing over £1,500! As it was a cost based event many Ladas and Moskvich cars competed in the cheapest category. For the sake of simplicity our cars will compete in one class. Tuning is unlimited subject to a power limit of 290bhp, weight limit of 800kg and PP limit of 496. Drivers change cars after every 3 rounds i.e. round 5 and round 8. All drivers complete the Time Trials in round 4 in a tuning prohibited Nissan Bluebird Rally Car.

Tuning tips - the Mitsubishi Lancer is great on standard suspension settings if you lower it so that there is just 10mm of travel left. The Pozzi Camaro and Alpine are good on standard race soft suspension settings. At 800kg the Alpine is 500PP with maximum power so to get it down to 496PP try the power limiter for tight circuits or adding extra ballast for fast tracks.

Attendance might be a bit low today as it's Easter, but I'll be racing as usual - I had a quick practise with my Trans Am 1 car at Tsukuba and the trans Am 2 at Tokyo R246 and both felt great at those tracks - should be a good race!

Championship Points Tables After Round 14 of 15

Big Shot Da Great made an excellent debut, securing 4th place in both the Trans Am 2 race in his Camaro and the Can Am by Toyota 7 race.

TA1.jpg
TA2.jpg

CA.jpg

Congratulations to Flaco - our Can Am by Toyota 7 Champion - after 14 rounds he has a lead of more than 25 points and therefore cannot be caught. The other championships will be decided next Sunday at the final round.

Last edited:
Thank you Sick!

Hi guys. There is something I want to tell you all. I swore an oath, to myself: Should I win just one more championship I will step back from being too ambitious. It means I want to try and really just enjoy the racing and not care about being fastest from then on anymore. Tuning some of the cars (Cuda, Challenger) have cost me a lot of nerves and also time, an that is not good! Round 13, the Dodge was such a mess I decided to run smooth and easy and started to use the clutch and the H-shifter, ended up 7th or 8th place or something. That is the kind of "stepping back" I mean. Using the clutch; H-Shift patern and turning ABS off adds to realism and is a lot of fun, so I might do that from now on. Well, after this last round of Trans Am & CANAM.

Good luck to @Pimasz (Pimiki) and @LexLathor, could become a very close one at Trans Am1! TA2 is pretty much settled but it's still too early to congratulate!

No complaints with the result but I found it at a disadvantage due to the start of my research group incomplete .The first five races and so many people were stuck at the lower back and very few points I got !

Nevertheless, thanks to the organization and congratulations to all participants !

I look forward to the next race series !

It was good to race with you guys again. I even managed a full meeting! Although I dropped out of the TA2 during the bit of confusion at the start. The online problems never seem to get any better. At least, I think, nobody got stuck in the pits.

(Sick for giving instructions in a championship, perhaps enabling the microphone again might be a good idea? If you limited it's use to just yourself during the race (if required) it should be OK. In the lobby between races any chat between drivers should also not cause any problems. Just remind everyone to turn of mics before racing.)

Without any car setting up or practice beforehand it was a case of picking it up while I went along. But I didn't do to bad.
Anyway, hopefully you may see more of me over the summer months. I'm not sure whether you may consider that good or bad. :P

Congratulations to Flaco (T7), Lex (TA2) and Lex (TA1) :gtpflag:

Just a reminder @Sick Cylinder - don't bother awarding me any points. I don't want my limited appearances to alter the championship results. Please spread them out amongst the other drivers. 👍

Last edited:
The meeting normally runs well and to time, but today was a bit of a shambles with the almost constant disconnections and having to setup the room multiple times. I think Mount Panorama, although a great track, is beyond the capabilities of the PS3 and the GT6 servers leading to more problems than with other tracks in the game - I will delete it from future schedules until there is some improvement from PD.

Apologies to all for the confusion at the start of the Trans Am 2 race - I indicated that there would be a restart to allow Buybon to rejoin - he said he would watch - I should have gone with a restart and shortened the race. Unfortunately several of you including Lex dropped out, anticipating a restart, but It wasn't until later in the race that I realised we didn't have a full grid, by which time I had decided that the best thing was to finish the race and do a shortened rerun.

I have decided that we won't rerun the TA2 race next week - that will purely be for Round 0 (Test Day) for the new championships.

Congratulations to our series champions: Flaco - Can Am by Toyota 7 and Lex Lathor - Trans Am 1 and Trans Am 2. Congratulations also to Danielsspel who is promoted from Silver to Gold status as a result of his excellent driving.

Updated championship tables to follow.

Note - this series has now finished and will be followed by: Cobra Coupe Shootout and Avon Tour of Britain 1973.

Horst Kwech pt1.JPG

Horst Kwech pt2.JPG

Here's the final standings for the Horst Kwech trophy for people that have done the most overtakes this season.

Congratulations to Lex Lathor in the Can Am Toyota 7 championship.
And congratulations to Danielsspel in the Trans Am 2 championship.

The Trans Am 1 championship is a little awkward as Daniel, Lex and NingDynasty have all finished on 11 pts.
I've never had a ruling for if it's a tie, so I've had to stick with Alphabetical order and award the win to Daniel.
However, all three can be proud and could have won depending on how I make up rules... lol

Daniel managed 7 overtakes in one race so could be champion for that reason alone.
Lex managed overtakes in 7 different races, including when he was driving the Nissan, so could be champion.
Ning managed to get 11 points even though he only participated in 6 races, so that could make him champion.

Everyone's a winner and congratulations to all that raced.
Any advice on preferred rulings for the next Championship are welcome.

Congras Lex and Flaco! Fun championship, I bet everyone's throttle control has improved now because of TA2 and the Toyota 7 :P Sorry for not attending most of the rounds this time, I hope I can attend all of the rounds in the next one.

About the final round, tbh I don't really like Bathurst... it's a bit rough for me I guess. However, I really enjoyed it this last round, not sure why... maybe the cars fit the track? Anyway, maybe I'll start liking it more now!

Congratulations to all that raced ! sorry couldnt be there the last time, totally forgot about it, too much work . Whats the schedule for today? test for next championship???

Cheers

Thanks for the quick reply IfandOr, appreciate it.
Ill definantely be there.

:cheers:

Hi DaCosta Silva - Please join Flaco's Team Willment

Avon Tour Car for opening rounds = Pozzi Motorsports Camaro (Colour - any, but not chrome or polarized) - 290bhp, 496PP, 800kg - Sports Hard

Team Truck = Chevrolet El Camino painted Bolero Red - tuning prohibited - Sports Hard

Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe painted Bolero Red - tuning prohibited - Race Hard

Welcome

Back