TRANS AM & CAN AM / Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST: CHAMPIONS Flaco T7 & Lex Lathor TA1 & 2Finished 

Such an amazing shot of the Cuda. The shot is actually far too good for the car, it has, in no way, deserved to starr in such a great picture. ;)
:) You have to admit it looks the part of a muscle car. Even if it doesn't drive like it. Or then again maybe it does. After watching those old movies where the big American cars are sliding about, perhaps it's the only one with the correct handling. :D

I still like the Cuda - offline!

(I haven't had chance to retest it online yet.)

:) You have to admit it looks the part of a muscle car. Even if it doesn't drive like it. Or then again maybe it does. After watching those old movies where the big American cars are sliding about, perhaps it's the only one with the correct handling. :D

That is a very interesting thought there. Muscle cars show how the games physics are nowhere near perfect because they usually handle far too good (in untuned - stock condition and low grip tyres). I remember seeing a car review from 1971 or '72 where they tested a Dodge Challenger and imediately re-done the manouvres they did in the film where they were on a small course going around pylons. Man even if you screwed around with extra ballast, no-abs and zero brake balance on comfort hards, it didn't come close to all the body roll and crazy steering inputs the guy in the film needed to perform to circle the car around that track.

I remember seeing a car review from 1971 or '72 where they tested a Dodge Challenger and imediately re-done the manouvres they did in the film where they were on a small course going around pylons. Man even if you screwed around with extra ballast, no-abs and zero brake balance on comfort hards, it didn't come close to all the body roll and crazy steering inputs the guy in the film needed to perform to circle the car around that track.

I found this muscle car test - the last 30 minutes is all burnouts and quarter miles. They test the cars as setup by the factory i.e. completely stock and on cross ply tyres - the braking test shows how far cars have come - all these cars had the optional front discs - I remember reading some tests from this period and with the standard equipment drums these cars were terrible. Even with the optional front discs these cars required an expert driver to stop quickly and safely from 60mph - you need to know how to cadence brake (threshold brake). To think that inexperienced teenaged drivers were buying these 3,800 pound, 425 bhp monsters!

So to sum it up, the Cuda doesn't stop or go around corners very well. So when you're fighting it around the track on Sunday Flaco, you'll have the comfort of knowing that you're at least being fairly realistic.

It's really funny as an American (as I sit here typing listening to Guns N' Roses) to see what you guys think of American cars. I'm only 16, so I get my license soon, and of course the dream is to own a '65 Mustang or a Plymouth Cuda. I love the classic American muscle car: loud, bold lines, and just an overall beast. :) Then of course, there's also classic European luxury: high-end, sporty, sleek cars with a long history of performance and elegance. My Dad's friend's dad owns some expensive, really fast muscle cars, and he took my Dad out on a drive one day. So they pull up to a stoplight, and the guy turns to my Dad and says, "I'm gonna put a $100 bill on the dash, and then floor it when the light turns green. If you can reach it, it's yours." My Dad said he couldn't move his face hahaha :lol:

Anyways, it's just interesting to see a different perspective on my own culture.

It's really funny as an American (as I sit here typing listening to Guns N' Roses) to see what you guys think of American cars. I'm only 16, so I get my license soon, and of course the dream is to own a '65 Mustang or a Plymouth Cuda. I love the classic American muscle car: loud, bold lines, and just an overall beast. :) Then of course, there's also classic European luxury: high-end, sporty, sleek cars with a long history of performance and elegance. My Dad's friend's dad owns some expensive, really fast muscle cars, and he took my Dad out on a drive one day. So they pull up to a stoplight, and the guy turns to my Dad and says, "I'm gonna put a $100 bill on the dash, and then floor it when the light turns green. If you can reach it, it's yours." My Dad said he couldn't move his face hahaha :lol:

Anyways, it's just interesting to see a different perspective on my own culture.

I've heard the story about the 100 dollar bill before - supposedly Caroll Shelby used to stick one to the dash with chewing gum when demonstrating the Cobra to potential clients!

I've always been fascinated by American cars - the British Saloon Car Championship was split into categories according to engine size and the largest (D) was dominated by American Muscle from 1963 to 1975. Ford Galaxie 1963, Ford Mustang 1964 - 1965, Ford Falcon Sprint (1964) 1966 - 1968, Chevrolet Camaro 1969 - 1975. The cars always sounded good and were great to watch, but sometimes you couldn't help rooting for one of the smaller cars such as a Mini, Ford Anglia or Hillman Imp. We will be recreating the early big-banger period again later in the year with BSCC 2.

American cars came with left hand drive so anyone actually driving one on the road in the UK was regarded as a bit strange.

There were also racing categories which allowed a lot of modification such as "Modsports" and "Super Saloons" where big powerful V8's were often fitted - this category reached its peak when Dealer Team Vauxhall (DTV) entered "Baby Bertha" for the incomparable Gerry Marshall. In the next series we are replicating James Hunt's winning year driving the Camaro in the Avon Tour of Britain 1973 and paying tribute to Gerry (winner of 650 races!) by re-naming the Horst Kwech Trophy in his honour. Enjoy this short clip of the masterful Gerry Marshall at work in the DTV Super Saloon "Baby Bertha":

Last edited:
this category reached its peak when Dealer Team Vauxhall (DTV) entered "Baby Bertha" for the incomparable Gerry Marshall. In the next series we are replicating James Hunt's winning year driving the Camaro in the Avon Tour of Britain 1973 and paying tribute to Gerry (winner of 650 races!) by re-naming the Horst Kwech Trophy in his honour. Enjoy this short clip of the masterful Gerry Marshall at work in the DTV Super Saloon "Baby Bertha":

So this means I will always qualify last and try to work my way up, because I want that Trophy!!! :D Great idea to honor this unique driver! 👍

Love the video! You can vote for Baby Bertha here.

Lane, I hope you didn't think I had nothing but negative comments about American cars or even just from the muscle car era. I love them for their characteristics which are the beautiful V8 sounds, their ruggedness and great designs. I had oportunities to drive a good amount of different older American cars in my life and when I was in Kuwait I owned a 1983 Olds 98 Regency Coupe with the 403ci from a '78 fitted in, I don't know why it had the big engine, some previous owner must have thrown it in there. Anyways I had a blast driving this car, loved the front seat row there was enough space for three Philipinas plus four or five in the back :lol: and it was almost as smooth as a Cadillac, you felt like you don't drive but glide over the road. They are all made for cruising even the muscle cars and I think the reason US cars were made like that was mostly because of the different types of roads and the speed limits used in US vs. Europe that made the American cars so different from European´ ones. America has more wide and straight roads, you can floor a muscle car, then let it roll out and stop before the next traffic light. Whereas in Europe (especially Germany), it's not a good idea to floor it for too long because everything starts to shake when you are over 120mph, the fuel consumption rises to extremes and there would be a dogleg coming sooner or later and then the flawed brakes will try their best at working against you. :D

I'm over-exaggerating, of course.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Oh yeah I wasn't insulting cars of either region, and I got what you were saying too, I just thought it was very interesting to see a different point of view I haven't seen before :)

It's all good :cheers:

Expected Attendance

I haven't had any notifications of absence so I'm presuming that it will be a full room. Apologies for not putting up the results yet, but I've been a bit busy and my nephew is over from Norway so no time this weekend.

See you all Sunday - some of you will be pleased to know that it will be your last outing in your ciurrent car as we change cars for round 11. Happy Racing!

What are you talking about? There usually is some contact at turn 1 the first lap, happens. Miki hit you from the back at turn2 and 4 because you braked very early, happens. Same as you did to me, because the Cuda had very poor brakes. On lap 2 you passed me at turn 2 because I got wide out on track (still touched me), happens. And on the last corner before the straight you just headed right into George's side, causing him to almost spin out and yourself to slow down (penalty?). Then you completely messed up the pit entry which you decided to perform on lap 2 (?), hitting a barrier. You made the pitstop and then retired before even being back on track.

We have all been through those situations and they are not nice, I once broke a headset in half by throwing it around because of something like this. I hate contact, especially those bumps from the back, and I can get very angry over it. But retire? C'mon man. You had pole, meaning you was fast in your Camaro, so you had all the possibillities open to recover and win or get a podium finish.

We have new drivers who need some time to accommodate to longer races using consistency and patience instead of 2 lap Tsukuba sprints where people play "Ralf Schumacher" to get a chance to win. On the other hand, at the time of the real Trans Am era we are recreating, it wasn't exactly clean racing by many drivers.

Sick_Cylinder has already adressed these issues a few posts back, though. He wants everyone to race clean.

I'd rather we'd turn off the ghosts for TranAm 1&2 and maybe leave it for the 7's. With extra penalty for people who repeatedly disrespect the standards set up by Sick_Cylinder.

My bad, I was actually talking about a race in another club where I fought and got the pole before being taken out on the first lap, actually it was the first 4 corners...
So nothing to deal with Trans Am 2.
Before going on a rant, you should always make sure of what you are whining about otherwise you look like a complete idiot... just did that, sorry guys.

All good mate :cheers:

Just hope to see you racing with us again.

Off topic: gkgamer, can you tell me who GTP_Newdriver (from your lobby, yesterday) is? He said he had a tuning garage, I'm guessing it's here on gtp, but I can't seem to figure out who he is nor where his garage is.

Sorry guys, something last minute has come up and I will not be able to attend today. My spot can go to someone else.

See you guys next week!

EDIT: John Wells likes this. Not sure how to take that... :eek: Just kidding haha :P:lol::cheers:

Last edited:
I took a chance and qualified last on the first race, I wanted to take it easy and thought that I might be able to get up to third place if I just coasted along, it went better than I expected and got to third place in the first lap, then I just had to keep it. Almost forgot to pit, but made that aswell, then I thought that I might go for second place but screwed it up on the last lap and got third anyway. I'm super satisfied with the race and thanks to all who gave me space to pass! :cheers: Now I'll tune the Alfa and Cuda for next week! :)

I took a chance and qualified last on the first race, I wanted to take it easy and thought that I might be able to get up to third place if I just coasted along, it went better than I expected and got to third place in the first lap, then I just had to keep it. Almost forgot to pit, but made that aswell, then I thought that I might go for second place but screwed it up on the last lap and got third anyway. I'm super satisfied with the race and thanks to all who gave me space to pass! :cheers: Now I'll tune the Alfa and Cuda for next week! :)
You're welcome. And. well done! :cheers:

You can have the Cuda, I'm happy to be out of it. If you don't want it, I'll happily burn it.
I'm going to miss the Giulia though, such a nice little car (IRL it probably would've broke down on me several times though :lol: ) but she will have a special place in my garage and will surely gets a visit and a joyride now and then. And a paint job!

I think the Pontiac could look funny in blue and yellow rims, didn't buy one yet and I'm not going to just respray the old Cab, the Cab is also special.

As for the Challenger, well we'll see, I think anything's better than that 🤬 Cuda.

:dopey:

Last edited:
I'm going to miss the Giulia though, such a nice little car; she will have a special place in my garage and will surely gets a visit and a joyride now and then. And a paint job!

A clip for the Alfa fans - an ex Horst Kwech Alfa in action:

My Alfa didn't seem to have any grip yesterday (8th), but the sweet handling Camaro was a joy to drive. I started well and managed to stay ahead of Flaco for a short time before inevitably his greater speed and consistency won through. I was very pleased to finish 6th ahead of Rehdogg who is a much faster driver than me and have a better car to thank for this. At one point I thought I was catching Flaco - probably as his car was wearing its tyres quicker than mine so I decided to push which led me to misjudge the braking and come off the track twice in a row - after that I tried to relax and go for a steady drive. I wish that PD would alter the game so that it gives us gap to the car in front and gap to the car behind - this information is of much greater value to me as I am not racing for wins, but for the best finish I can manage.

In the Toyota 7 race I felt that the car suited the track better than others that we have visited and I was very happy with my finishing position of 5th. I concentrated on trying to drive steadily and without major errors. Santu was behind me and I knew he was two seconds a lap faster so a pass was inevitable. I was lucky that he had a problem and I was able to retake 5th - probably my best race in the Toyota 7.

Championship Points after 10 rounds of 15 are listed below:

Round 10 TA1.jpg
Round 10 TA2.jpg
Round 10 CA.jpg

Round 10 Race Results from Apricot Hill

Trans Am 1
1st - Makovics - Mercury Cougar (Guest Driver for Nissan at Round 11)
2nd - Rehdogg - Pontiac Tempest GTO (Guest Driver for Nissan at Round 11)
3rd - Danielsspel - Mercury
4th - Flaco - Alfa Romeo
5th - Pimiki - Pontiac
6th - Maximusmonster - Pontiac
7th - Lex Lathor - Nissan Bluebird 510
8th - Sick Cylinder - Alfa Romeo
9th - John Wells - Pontiac
10th - TonyLomas - Alfa Romeo

Trans Am 2
1st - Lex Lathor - Ford Mustang Mach 1
2nd - Makovics - Ford Mach 1
3rd - Pimiki - Dodge Challenger
4th - Danielsspel - Ford Mach 1
5th - Flaco - Plymouth Cuda
6th - Sick Cylinder - Chevrolet Camaro
7th - Rehdogg - Dodge Challenger
8th - TonyLomas - Chevrolet Camaro
9th - Maximusmonster - Ford Mustang Trans Cammer
10th - John Wells - Trans Cammer

Can Am by Toyota 7
1st - Flaco
2nd - Lex Lathor
3rd - Pimiki
4th - Rehdogg
5th - Sick Cylinder
6th - Santu929
7th - Maximusmonster
8th - Danielsspel
9th - John Wells
10th - TonyLomas

All Racers - don't forget that we change cars for round 11.

Next Round 11 of 15 at Deep Forest Reverse. Please note, Round 12 will now be at Midfield Raceway (the track recently added to GT6) not Cape Ring Periphery.

Last edited:
Sadly Lane (Little Hobbit) has had to withdraw from the series due to his studies, but I am not aware of any other absences so hopefully we will have a full room - should be a good meeting as Deep Forest Reverse is a great track. Don't forget that we change cars at this round - I am struggling a bit with my Trans Cammer - it has a lot more power than the Chevrolet Camaro, but not the sweet handling.

The thread for the next series has now gone live so feel free to take a look and start buying and testing your cars:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/cobra-coupe-shootout-coming-spring-2015.313121/

Sorry for the extremely late notice. Failing to get online. I'll keep trying but don't wait for me.

You missed a really good meeting (sadly turnout was a bit low), I recorded the qualifying positions for you so will post these shortly.

Anyone who is having trouble connecting (or disconnecting) should read the guide by @Flying Kiwi - the following link will take you to his guide which is about half way down the thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/servers.322435/

Sorry for not showing up without a warning, I was planning on attending but some stuff came up. Hopefully next week there won't be anything!

You missed a really good meeting (sadly turnout was a bit low), I recorded the qualifying positions for you so will post these shortly.

Anyone who is having trouble connecting (or disconnecting) should read the guide by @Flying Kiwi - the following link will take you to his guide which is about half way down the thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/servers.322435/

Thanks Sick. Lex has already sent me the qualifying positions and results. And thanks for the connection thread too. It was my broadband. I could only get on here via my mobile phone. Think the broadbahd is back up now though. So time to practice midfield :)

Back