TRi's Video Thread (updated 11-24-06)

• Thread starter TRi
  • 140 comments
Very nice work TRi, I didn't like a few of the angles as it was hard to tell the "angle" of the drift. But the composition itself was very complete. Well done!

hey man very nice long drifts overall good video i like all the music mixing u did very creative great job on another video hit me up sometime so we can drift or something

That's some tech stuff there, TRi... amazing how you kept that R33 going sideways forever on the straightaway! Just plain cool. You would be punished with huge flatspots on your tires if you were to try that IRL. :D

The Footage of the yellow NISMO 400 R reminded me of how much I loved that car in GT3... gotta go home and try to finally find a driftable setup for it in GT4... :banghead:

I also like your editing. 👍
Alas, if I had to say something constructively critical, the picture of the video seemed a bit dark. Maybe that could also be corrected with the help of your editing SW?

...but I bet that I could tell them where to find it :sly:

btw TRi, I finally watched it 2 days ago and it was great. 👍 excellent editting, as I should have expected coming from you.

Yeah TRi, that was a nice video. Very impressive of the angle you took with the rear spinning out. I liked it a lot. But I was sad because I thought you would have more cars and different tracks / angles. But oh well, that video was great :)

ekmatt9
Yeah TRi, that was a nice video. Very impressive of the angle you took with the rear spinning out. I liked it a lot. But I was sad because I thought you would have more cars and different tracks / angles. But oh well, that video was great :)
Yeah its not quite the usual, but better than nothing I suppose. Thank you.

BLAM, SETTINGS!!!!!1!!!!2!!!

ok, i've started on gettin replays for a vid but i got a bit of a creative block. anything you guys are lookin to see?

TRi
ok, i've started on gettin replays for a vid but i got a bit of a creative block. anything you guys are lookin to see?

I'd love to see either a
a) Shuichi Shigeno AE86, or a
b) Shelby Mustang GT 350R, or a
c) BMW 2002 Turbo, or a
d) Mitsubishi Lancer Evlution II GSR
on the Nürburgring, overtaking overpowered ( :D ) A.I. opponents while drifting.

Or maybe some near-impossible links/stunts on the Nürburgring, (say, for example through the Fuchsröhre dip and the following lefthander) maybe with that Nismo 400R or something...

Edit:
"Slippery" makes me wonder if you've got a cockpit setup with three screens (to look out the side windows) :D

thanks Mr. Apex. I'll see what I can bust out on the ring. The EVO II was my first car in the game, maybe I'll bust it out.

Haha I wish I had 3 screens. Pretty much just look for the rumble strip and wait for the wall to go away.

TRi
thanks Mr. Apex. I'll see what I can bust out on the ring. The EVO II was my first car in the game, maybe I'll bust it out.

Haha I wish I had 3 screens. Pretty much just look for the rumble strip and wait for the wall to go away.

That would be great.

-> Screens: Seems you developed some kind of a seventh sense for guessing where you're at without being able to look out of the side window :D

P.S.:
The more I think about stunts on the Nurb, the more comes to mind... what do you say to this one:
Drift the three consecutive righthanders and spin into a clockwise 270° into "Wehrseifen"
Think that would be possible? I might try that one myself :D

nordschleife.jpg

I think I know which turns you are talking about. If so, that's my fav part of the track. I'll definately give it a looksee when I get home.

TRi
I think I know which turns you are talking about. If so, that's my fav part of the track. I'll definately give it a looksee when I get home.

Yeah, the triple right is kinda fierce (=interesting :D )

The distance from corner number three to Wehrseifen might a tad big though...
could be more difficult than I thought...

Mr. Apex
Yeah, the triple right is kinda fierce (=interesting :D )

The distance from corner number three to Wehrseifen might a tad big though...
could be more difficult than I thought...

I was just playing a bit of The Ring last night... Any chance of linking me to a map with the corner/section names?... I saw some pretty interesting link posibilities, and I am wondering which area you are refering to...

;)

Delphic Reason
I was just playing a bit of The Ring last night... Any chance of linking me to a map with the corner/section names?... I saw some pretty interesting link posibilities, and I am wondering which area you are refering to...
Boundary Layer
it's that section of the track near the town of Adenau
map linky: http://www.heiser.net/media/2002.09.nurburgring/nurburgring_map.jpg

You do license test A14 there in the Audi TT

Exactly, that's it right there.

Edit:
Changed me mind, I'm afraid this task might be not challenging enough. How about an Xlink version of the stunt, featuring TRi + Delphic Reason + Boundary Layer? Heh, heh ... :D

Mr. Apex
Changed me mind, I'm afraid this task might be not challenging enough. How about an Xlink version of the stunt, featuring TRi + Delphic Reason + Boundary Layer? Heh, heh ... :D

If the ping was high enough, that would be a hoot...

;)

Mr. Apex

HAH! clearly you have not seen me xlink. If you had you'd know that I'm far from up to the task! :lol:

What humbleness! Don't know if it suits you... :sly:

Well, the Xlink variant adds quite a bit of logistic and technical difficulties to the task. Maybe a single player version could be a first step to see if it's doable?

Edit:
I tried it and IMHO it is not possible to link that aforementioned stunt together, because 'Wehrseifen' is too far off from the triple-right. Would be very surprised if TRi or someone else could pull it off.

No probs TRi.

This is a great vid guys. Just get it. Music and tempo is a bit laid back - which is in itself refreshing having seen some of TRi's other vids. But the first minute or so of editting is big on the 'wow' factor.

Back