Tsukuba High Speed Circuit?...

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 18 comments

MonGnoM

(Banned)
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MonGnoM
i've heard that there is / was a high speed track near Tsukuba, but i cannot seem to find anything about it...
Could anybody help out?

I don't think this is the right place for this question?
Unless you're thinking of Twin Rong Motegi, then I have no idea

Yatabe

tumblr_mezgqsNYBq1rpqn0wo1_1280.jpg

I saw a test about the new and old Subaru Impreza (the 2004and 2007 model) and they where on Yatabe i think, but i'm not sure.

They said something like "this track is an exact copy of the old High Speed Test Track from Tsukuba, same asphalt, same length..."

(They used correct undertitles)

Edit.: The one at Tsukuba isn't in use anymore, that's why they build a second one

Edit.: The one at Tsukuba isn't in use anymore, that's why they build a second one

Yes my bad, while the one @Draggon posted is the second one built it's not called the Yatabe Test Track. It's the Shirasato Test Center.

There is, however, a third one that is closer-ish to the Tsukuba Circuit. Not sure on that one's name though.

For the track you're thinking of, the coordinates are...

36°10'36.30"N
140° 1'36.46"E

It's no longer in use and I'm not clear on the history of the track.

Edit: I stumbled across it when I was looking for Yatabe, even though I later realized I was in the wrong area.

sorry, i know guys, that this is the wrong place to put it, but i know here are guys which are interested in it.

Dude, what are you freaking out about? He's not requesting a track for GT, he's just asking about it.

Be kind, he did three exclamation marks and everything. For an awful moment he'd thought somebody asked for more content in GT6, so he went boggle-eyed and shouty.

OP, this is fascinating... hadn't heard about a high-speed track there up until now. @GTPorsche, the track you give the coordinates for, is that the one that was "Tsukuba High Speed" (in absence of knowing its actual name)?

Be kind, he did three exclamation marks and everything. For an awful moment he'd thought somebody asked for more content in GT6, so he went boggle-eyed and shouty.

OP, this is fascinating... hadn't heard about a high-speed track there up until now. @GTPorsche, the track you give the coordinates for, is that the one that was "Tsukuba High Speed" (in absence of knowing its actual name)?
Yes, it is the track that is closest to Tsukuba that is/was/would be a high speed test track. IIRC, it's not too far southeast of Tsukuba Circuit.

Looking at it there seems to be a mini-cracker kind of thing, is there a fuel development station there now or something? Looks like they're expanding it too, maybe explains why there doesn't seem to be any viable parking from the main road.

Well you posted a picture of it, and it seems like it is still another one.
Because the Yatabe is the one which is active, if i'm not mistaken.
I'll try to find the link again

Well you posted a picture of it, and it seems like it is still another one.
Because the Yatabe is the one which is active, if i'm not mistaken.
I'll try to find the link again
Yatabe proving grounds was demolished in 2005 (I think) the was an individual on Facebook who made a 2 part post about it if Yatabe isn’t the one then idk

Back