Tsukuba lap times for 136 N-class cars - 1 remaining

  • Thread starter Thread starter MidFieldMaven
  • 520 comments
  • 98,335 views
OLD - 1:13.101 - Abarth 500
NEW - 1:12.527

Less than a tenth slower than Suzuki Swift Sport. Interesting duel I didn't notice before...The 500 has more power and less weight, yet is curiously slower, most likely due in part to the turbo overworking the tires a little bit.
 
OLD - 1:15.995 - Honda S660
NEW - 1:16.236

And now we run into our first case of a car being slower post-update. I don't know why I can't get a 1:15 again but I spent 30 minutes on this. It's faster than the Beat, but only by 2 tenths.
 
OLD - 1:04.780 - Nissan R32 GT-R V-Spec II
NEW - 1:04.273

5 tenths slower than R34. 2 tenths faster than NSX Type R and RX-7 Spirit R.

OLD - 1:02.380 - Jaguar F-type R
NEW - 1:01.795

Took a while to figure out how to drive this thing effectively. It's a solid 1:01 car. Nothing to compare it with yet.
 
Last edited:
OLD - 1:06.617 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo.IV GSR
NEW - 1:06.210

Less than 3 tenths slower than Toyota MR2 GT-S and Nissan 300ZX TT. It's 2 seconds slower than Nissan R32 GT-R.

OLD - 1:04.772 - Subaru Impreza 22B-STi Version
NEW - 1:04.394

Only a tenth slower than Nissan R32 GT-R!
 
Last edited:
OLD - 1:07.902 - BMW M3 Sport Evolution
NEW - 1:07.168

7 tenths quicker than before. The update was kind to this car. It's 4 hundredths of a second faster than the Supra '88. Good duel there!

OLD - 1:02.562 - Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
NEW - 1:01.806

Killed it with a 1:01 and wow this engine just pulls and pulls...It almost identically ties the Jaguar F-type R.

OLD - 0:59.217 - McLaren F1
NEW - 0:58.727

It is unreal that a 25 year old car can pull off 58 seconds at Tsukuba.
 
Last edited:
OLD - 1:07.902 - BMW M3 Sport Evolution
NEW - 1:07.168

7 tenths quicker than before. The update was kind to this car. It's 4 hundredths of a second faster than the Supra '88. Good duel there!

OLD - 1:02.562 - Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
NEW - 1:01.806

Killed it with a 1:01 and wow this engine just pulls and pulls...It almost identically ties the Jaguar F-type R.

OLD - 0:59.217 - McLaren F1
NEW - 0:58.727

It is unreal that a 25 year old car can pull off 58 seconds at Tsukuba.
You got on fire again I see testing non-stop for the last week or so. Nice to see you having fun again hotlapping.

McLaren F1 was very futuristic indeed in most aspects of it (aero-engine-3 seater-materials). And by testing it with the tires that GTS has which are much-much-much better than the ones existed back then, it shows its true potential indeed. I think that the tires it had on then were closer to CM. So, we are talking night and day grip.
 
You got on fire again I see testing non-stop for the last week or so. Nice to see you having fun again hotlapping.

McLaren F1 was very futuristic indeed in most aspects of it (aero-engine-3 seater-materials). And by testing it with the tires that GTS has which are much-much-much better than the ones existed back then, it shows its true potential indeed. I think that the tires it had on then were closer to CM. So, we are talking night and day grip.
Really? Comfort mediums? Id predict theyd be like sports hard at least. Comfort mediums are really terrible. :lol:
 
Definitely not. Sport hards are semi-slick tyres. At the very least modern very high end road profile tyres with track compound rubber. And tyres have evolved quite a bit since the early 90's
 
Wow that's very quick for a camaro, the current model camaro is a very underrated performance car. It possesses a very state of the art chassis and the LT1 Engine from the Corvette Stingray, an engine with a very good powerband.
 
Wow that's very quick for a camaro, the current model camaro is a very underrated performance car. It possesses a very state of the art chassis and the LT1 Engine from the Corvette Stingray, an engine with a very good powerband.

The only real complaints I hear about the Camaro are the interior, both the quality of materials and lack of visibility. I could live with that, as the performance and potential is incredible.
 
I think that the tires it had on then were closer to CM. So, we are talking night and day grip.

Definitely not. Sport hards are semi-slick tyres. At the very least modern very high end road profile tyres with track compound rubber. And tyres have evolved quite a bit since the early 90's

Is there a good thread on this subject? I know someone did a good comparison vs lap times at Tsukuba at one point (circa GT6) and in general, CM and CS was much closer to realistic for most sports/super cars. I tend to agree, but it'd be nice to see some data for GT Sport.

Edit: it was actually GT5, this thread.
 
Last edited:
OLD - 1:02.363 - Dodge Viper GTS
NEW - 1:01.927

Only a tenth slower than Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat.

OLD - 1:02.466 - Chevrolet Corvette C7
NEW - 1:01.913

Amazing how the new Corvette has become the performance equivalent to the old Viper. And the Camaro is only 6 tenths slower.
 
Last edited:
OLD - 1:01.399 - Ford GT40 Mark I
NEW - 1:00.556

Vast improvement of over 8 tenths of a second.

OLD - 1:01.139 - Ford GT
NEW - 1:00.595

Yep, that's a tie. It's almost unbelievable, isn't it? :confused: The modern GT has 196 more horses, 163 more ft-lbs of torque, and weighs 818 lbs (371 kg) more.

Just a reminder that I have all of the individual replays available for viewing in the first post :)
 
The Toyota SF-R Racing concept is finally (temporarily at least) dethroned. hope to see the the top getting/staying competitive. makes for interesting racing
 
OLD - 1:06.435 - Chevrolet Corvette C3
NEW - 1:05.759

Only 3 tenths behind the C2. I didn't enjoy this one. Difficult to get through a whole lap without sawing the wheel at least a little bit.

OLD - 1:00.990 - Nissan GT-R
NEW - 1:00.445

Half a second better. We'll see how the Nismo version compares later on or tomorrow.
 
Last edited:
OLD - 1:00.886 - Nissan GT-R Nismo
NEW - 0:59.869

I'm shaking right now. It took a total of 25 laps to hammer a 59.8 second lap. I'm not a huge R35 fan but 59 seconds is awe-inspiring. It's half a second quicker than the base car. Of all the laps I've done so far, this is the one I'm most proud of.
 
Last edited:
OLD - 1:00.886 - Nissan GT-R Nismo
NEW - 0:59.869

I'm shaking right now. It took a total of 25 laps to hammer a 59.8 second lap. I'm not a huge R35 fan but 59 seconds is awe-inspiring. It's half a second quicker than the base car. Of all the laps I've done so far, this is the one I'm most proud of.

Great lap :cheers:
 
Thanks guys :cheers:

OLD - 1:04.659 - Subaru WRX STI Type S
NEW - 1:04.276

It's a tenth quicker than the Impreza 22B and tied with Nissan R32 GT-R. Funny that I've seen R32's go for $25-30k here in the States, or about the same as a used STI. Might as well get the car that's 25 years newer :lol: Though I suppose having an STI doesn't earn as many "cool points" with car guys as a GT-R :sly:

Now let's see if the Evo can redeem itself and come out on top of the STI. I doubt it.
 
Last edited:
OLD - 1:04.748 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo.Final
NEW - 1:04.296

Well the Evo is still slower, but only by 0.020 seconds. The WRX handles better in my opinion, probably because it's 88 lbs (40 kg) lighter and only gives up 7 horses and 3 ft-lbs of torque.
 
I don't want to imagine your psychological state if you had a practice session like I had 2 weeks ago :

Dko0Nq0.jpg
 
Back