Tsukuba lap times for 136 N-class cars - 1 remaining

I really feel for you having to redo all those times over again but on the other hand its gotta be fun trying to.

It's funny...I have lots of other games that I should be playing since I spent good money on them, but I keep coming back to GT. Probably because I spent $500 on the seat/wheel setup and want to get my money's worth :lol:

It's funny...I have lots of other games that I should be playing since I spent good money on them, but I keep coming back to GT. Probably because I spent $500 on the seat/wheel setup and want to get my money's worth :lol:

That's a good enough reason for me.
I'm getting ready to drop some cash on a T-GT and a playseat so I hope to get my money's worth out of it as well. The only difference GTS is the only game I own for the PS4. However I am getting Ride 3 soon just to give myself a break from GTS every now and then.

That's a good enough reason for me.
I'm getting ready to drop some cash on a T-GT and a playseat so I hope to get my money's worth out of it as well. The only difference GTS is the only game I own for the PS4. However I am getting Ride 3 soon just to give myself a break from GTS every now and then.

I played a little Ride 3 this morning actually, to unlock the Yamaha R7. I try to do a few races per week, but there seems to be hundreds of them. Great game though if you're into motorcycles. I hope to complete that game by the end of the year. I have around 30 games for PS4, a handful were bought on day 1 like GT, Ride 3, Red Dead 2...but the majority were Black Friday or general sub-$25 deals. 6 or 7 are still shrinkwrapped. Oh and Trials Rising comes out on Tuesday, got that one pre-ordered. Not sure if you're into that kind of thing. I love watching Trials. Check out Toni Bou on youtube. He's one of the best.

I cut myself pretty bad at work yesterday, wouldn't stop bleeding, and had to go to urgent care (not sure what you'd call it outside of the USA but you go there for simple procedures and it's much cheaper than a hospital) for 3 stitches on my right hand, ring finger. I wasn't going to let that stop me from playing though! I have a bandage on and thankfully it didn't really get in the way. Can't remember the last time I got cut so bad that I needed stitches but hopefully it'll never happen again :lol:

OLD - 1:07.962 - Renault Sport Clio R.S. 220 Trophy '16
NEW - 1:07.324

Big time save on this one. Half a second quicker than the Peugeot, mostly due to less understeer.

I played a little Ride 3 this morning actually, to unlock the Yamaha R7. I try to do a few races per week, but there seems to be hundreds of them. Great game though if you're into motorcycles. I hope to complete that game by the end of the year. I have around 30 games for PS4, a handful were bought on day 1 like GT, Ride 3, Red Dead 2...but the majority were Black Friday or general sub-$25 deals. 6 or 7 are still shrinkwrapped. Oh and Trials Rising comes out on Tuesday, got that one pre-ordered. Not sure if you're into that kind of thing. I love watching Trials. Check out Toni Bou on youtube. He's one of the best.

I cut myself pretty bad at work yesterday, wouldn't stop bleeding, and had to go to urgent care (not sure what you'd call it outside of the USA but you go there for simple procedures and it's much cheaper than a hospital) for 3 stitches on my right hand, ring finger. I wasn't going to let that stop me from playing though! I have a bandage on and thankfully it didn't really get in the way. Can't remember the last time I got cut so bad that I needed stitches but hopefully it'll never happen again :lol:

OLD - 1:07.962 - Renault Sport Clio R.S. 220 Trophy '16
NEW - 1:07.324

Big time save on this one. Half a second quicker than the Peugeot, mostly due to less understeer.

I love motorcycles and I've been riding for over 30 years now (damn it doesn't seem that long) so I will definitely enjoy Rind 3.
I was lucky enough to get my hands on a brand new Ducati 916 back in 1997. I used to visit the Ducati dealership in the late 80's and early 90's just drooling over the 851 and 888 and thought to myself one day I'm owning a Ducati.
Got to remember that Ducati didn't import many bikes into the US back then so getting your hands on one was not easy.

I found my 916 at a dealership in Indiana and it was only one of two they were getting for the entire year. Ducati only imported 300 916 into the us in 97 so it was pure luck I got one at the bargain price of $16.000.00

I've only owned Ducati's from that moment on.

IMG03A.jpg
picture001.jpg
picture013.jpg

Sorry to here you got injured and urgent care can take forever to get in.

That is one sweet Duc! And I gotta say the black Cavalier was a good-looking car. On April 4th, 1997 I was 13 and probably sitting in my room after school playing Final Fantasy 7 :lol:

I currently own a Honda CBR 300R which ain't fast, but it only has one cylinder to worry about, and it's lightweight and reliable as heck. I've had it for almost 3 years and want to put a fuel controller and full exhaust on it but I'd have to sell some stuff or pay down some debt first :sly:

48408682_10213245275312095_3687209696831209472_o.jpg

Tested:

1:11.416 - Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA)

I put in 25 laps and my best was on lap 19. It's less than 3 tenths slower than Toyota S-FR, and not quite 7 tenths slower than the newest generation Mazda Roadster. The handling of this car is simply fantastic. Give it gas at the apex and don't worry about oversteer, as you really have to screw up to induce any of that.

Tested:

1:01.191 - Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren

Ugh, what a handful. I prefer not having to saw at the wheel and fight oversteer every two seconds. If the car was able to be tamed, it could be a 1:00 car, but it's almost as if that would require far more luck than actual driving skill. It's a good match for a Viper SRT10, 911 GT3 (997) and SLS AMG.

OLD - 1:10.574 - Peugeot RCZ GT Line
NEW - 1:09.924

On my 13th lap I hit the magical x:xx.9xx and am confident that I can't go any faster. It ties with the Mazda Atenza (great duel there!) and is a half-second quicker than Mazda Roadster ND.

OLD - 1:11.592 - Alfa Romeo MiTo
NEW - 1:10.999

Got a x:xx.9xx by the skin of my teeth on lap 10. I got lucky twice this morning! It's a tenth quicker than Toyota S-FR and a half-second faster than Mazda Eunos Roadster. Also just noticed on the Home screen it still calls it a MiTo 1.4 T Sport, while in the Garage and everywhere else, it's simply MiTo.

And now I'm going to try out the new Autopolis track with a stock NSX Type R, aka my favorite car of all time. This should be fun. Ok so after 5 laps my best time is a 2:15 I bet it can do sub-2:10 if I master the track. It's a fun one, reminds me of some tracks I created on GT5 back in the day...

Last edited:
OLD - 1:37.861 - Fiat 500 F
NEW - 1:37.957

I went for 10 laps, and couldn't beat my old time...But I did come close. Less than a tenth of a second, and it's still a 1:37 time so that's good. There are 40 seconds between the fastest and slowest N-cars on this track.

Spreadsheet updated. Old times for cars I haven't re-tested are still in the mix, so ignore them. Specs for Eunos, Supra, and SLR are documented.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...49_ulrGCVkgc3xR1MOy6P6KSGMQcjnBR6PWkx/pubhtml

Last edited:
OLD - 1:03.343 - Aston Martin V8 Vantage S
NEW - 1:02.566

Incredible gain of nearly 8 tenths. I remember not being particularly fond of this car before, but the physics update seems to have improved this car greatly. It ties with the Camaro SS and would be a great rival for the Lexus RC F as there is less than a tenth of a second separating those two. Aston is N400 while the Lexus and Chevrolet are N500.

OLD - 1:03.791 - Ferrari 512 BB
NEW - 1:03.054

Ugh. 1:02 is just out of reach at this time. 12 laps in a row brought it down to a .0xx and I went for 3 more, but no luck. It's a full second quicker than the Pantera.

OLD - 1:02.834 - Lamborghini Countach LP400
NEW - 1:02.573

Not a huge gain here. The LP400 would make a fantastic drift car. While the Ferrari 512 is slower, it's much more stable around corners and easier to be consistent with.

OLD - 1:02.269 - Ferrari GTO
NEW - 1:01.879

Slightly quicker than BMW M4, Corvette C7, and Viper '02. A tenth slower than Jaguar F-type R. Of the three cars I tested this morning, the GTO is my favorite. Great handling and power.

Last edited:
The new Supra is fast. It is the fastest "normal" N300 car (because there is the X-Bow). I am amazed that it is just that good

It's got short gearing, and 369 ft-lbs of torque at 1,500 rpm. Only the DB11, Golf VII GTI, and Peugeot RCZ develop max torque that low. The only car that has max torque at a lower rpm is BMW i3 and that sort of doesn't count as it's Gr.X

OLD - 1:00.515 - McLaren MP4-12C
NEW - 0:59.888

Tied with GT-R Nismo and F40. A hair faster than Viper GTS '13.

OLD - 1:01.975 - Aston Martin DB11
NEW - 1:01.249

Tied with 911 GT3 (997) and X-BOW R. Good match for the SLR McLaren.

The official car list on gran-turismo.com says BMW i3 is N200 and Aston Martin Vulcan is Gr.X and that's how it should be in the game. How do we get PD to make these changes? It also says Eunos is N200 :lol:

Last edited:
OLD - 1:00.800 - Ferrari 458 Italia
NEW - 1:00.052

Happened on my 13th lap. Believe it or not, I put another 14 laps into this car, hoping I would be able to say it's a 59 second car. Well, I failed, but I will try again someday after every car has been tested. If someone out there wants to attempt this challenge, I wish you luck!

For the heck of it, I wanted to see the max specs for the Fiat 500 F '68 and they are a whopping 49 horsepower, 63.9 ft-lbs of torque and a weight of 1,076 lbs or 488 kg. That's 33 more horses and 41.5 more ft-lbs of torque over stock. Weight only decreases by 70 lbs (32 kg...) I wonder how many seconds faster it would be at Tsukuba :dopey:

Last edited:
That is one sweet Duc! And I gotta say the black Cavalier was a good-looking car. On April 4th, 1997 I was 13 and probably sitting in my room after school playing Final Fantasy 7 :lol:

I currently own a Honda CBR 300R which ain't fast, but it only has one cylinder to worry about, and it's lightweight and reliable as heck. I've had it for almost 3 years and want to put a fuel controller and full exhaust on it but I'd have to sell some stuff or pay down some debt first :sly:

48408682_10213245275312095_3687209696831209472_o.jpg

I have never looked down on anyone for the motorcycle they ride because the most important thing is your riding.
That's a very nice motorcycle you have and today's 300cc bikes a far better and more powerful than the 250cc - 300cc bikes of the past. There is plenty enough power there to still get you in trouble. :)

As always be safe and watch out for all the Idiot's on the road. With more & more people Buried in their cell phones while driving riding motorcycles has never been more dangerous on the streets as it is today.

OLD - 1:00.706 - McLaren 650S
NEW - 0:59.701

Gain of a full second over my previous best. Compared with the MP4-12C there are only 2 tenths of a second between them. I feel like the MP4 is geared better for this track, or it's less likely to oversteer.

OLD - 1:01.567 - Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S
NEW - 1:00.930

Tied with S-FR Racing Concept and Viper SRT10. It's over 2 tenths faster than SLR McLaren.

OLD - 0:58.851 - Lamborghini Veneno
NEW - 0:58.724

Barely faster than before, and it took 17 laps to beat it by a tenth of a second. Almost identical lap time as the McLaren F1.

Only 23 cars left to go! Hope I can squeeze them all in before PD changes the physics again (please don't.)

Last edited:
OLD - 1:03.643 - Lexus LC500
NEW - 1:03.090

14 laps to get a .0xx and that's where she will stay for now. Less than 2 tenths quicker than the new Supra, and a half-second slower than Camaro SS and V8 Vantage S. Finally, it's 6 tenths slower than its sibling, the RC F.

OLD - 1:00.365 - Aston Martin One-77
NEW - 0:59.714

Ties the 650S and just barely squeaks by the MP4-12C.

Last edited:
OLD - 1:08.716 - Subaru BRZ S
NEW - 1:08.122

It took 14 laps to beat my best time in the Toyota 86, and it's not even a full tenth faster. There is basically no difference between the two cars in GT Sport besides exclusive paint colors, badging, and interior design.

OLD - 1:07.901 - Renault Sport Clio R.S. 220 Trophy '15
NEW - 1:07.290

Beats the '16 version by 0.034 seconds.

Last edited:
OLD - 1:27.539 - Volkswagen 1200
NEW - 1:27.105

I put in around 15 laps hoping to beat this record that happened on lap 6, but 1:26 just requires too much luck. You never know what you're going to get in this car when you head into a corner. Is the rear going to slide out? Probably.

OLD - 1:32.459 - Volkswagen Sambabus Typ 2
NEW - 1:32.582

Couldn't beat my previous best for some reason...Oh well!

Last edited:
It should have something to do with a change in the rear axle's load on tires (seems to have increased). It helps muchly the MRs and the RRs, also helps FRs, but for 4WD, AWD or FFs, there isn't much into this change to help laptimes.

OLD - 0:59.907 - Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4
NEW - 0:59.665

Less than 3 tenths faster than before. Less than a tenth faster than McLaren 650S and Aston One-77.

OLD - 1:00.715 - Citroen GT by Citroen Road Car
NEW - 1:00.443

Same result here, an improvement of less than 3 tenths. Tied with Nissan GT-R and a tenth faster than Ferrari F50.

Last edited:
Back