Tsukuba lap times for 136 N-class cars - 1 remaining

  • Thread starter Thread starter MidFieldMaven
  • 520 comments
  • 98,335 views
OLD - 1:01.989 - Porsche 911 GT3 (997)
NEW - 1:01.233

Ties with KTM X-BOW R. Afte re-testing all three 911's, I think this 997 is my favorite. It's ~2 seconds slower than the 991, but ~1.5 seconds faster than the 996.
 
OLD - 1:04.846 - Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG
NEW - 1:04.628

For the first 15 laps, I couldn't beat my old time, but I finally got 'gud' enough. It's half a second faster than Civic Type R and Hyundai Genesis Coupe.
 
Can you do the Mazda 6 (Atenza) at some point soon? The newest MX-5 time is very close to the old time for the 6.

Thanks.
 
NEW - 0:59.929 - Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4
OLD - 0:59.339

I spent 40 laps on this car. And you know what? I hated every minute of it. I need to test the Diablo next time to get the sour taste of this car out of my mouth. There's just something about AWD Lamborghini's that doesn't sit right with me.
 
NEW - 0:59.929 - Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4
OLD - 0:59.339

I spent 40 laps on this car. And you know what? I hated every minute of it. I need to test the Diablo next time to get the sour taste of this car out of my mouth. There's just something about AWD Lamborghini's that doesn't sit right with me.



What doesn't sit right with me is that all N Class Lambos have poor brakes...


And yeah, the Huracan surprised me with excessive understeer, despite the fact that it set impressive lap times in real life, especially in the Top Gear test track.
 
OLD - 1:01.721 - Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe
NEW - 1:00.986

After 24 laps I finally satisfied my conscience and charmed the snake down to a 1:00 lap time. If any car deserves its name, it's the Viper. It's a full second faster than the '02 model. Tied with Toyota S-FR Racing Concept.
 
OLD - 1:00.752 - Dodge Viper GTS
NEW - 0:59.970

It took 10 fewer laps to get into 59 second territory than it did to bring the '06 down to 1:00 but both Vipers offered up some of the most challenging drives in the game. This one is only a tenth slower than Nissan GT-R Nismo.
 
OLD - 1:00.843 - Ferrari F40
NEW - 0:59.853

Chopped a whole second off its best lap time. It joins the exclusive sub-minute club and ties with GT-R Nismo.

OLD - 1:01.413 - Ferrari F50
NEW - 1:00.564

F40 is still the faster one, but the F50 is heavier and naturally aspirated, so it's a bit more stable.
 
So I'll be leaving tomorrow and I won't be back for 9 days. I'm taking requests for a final car (or two) to test tonight or very early tomorrow morning before I leave :cheers:
 
OLD - 1:00.472 - Gran Turismo Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
NEW - 0:59.414

Ties with Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997) and less than a tenth slower than Lamborghini Huracan. This car is extremely twitchy. I was saying to myself the whole time I was lapping that I'd rather be driving the base S2000. Hopefully PD adds that one at some point...
 
OLD - 1:17.516 - Daihatsu Copen
NEW - 1:17.435

I just got back from a week-long cruise with my lady-friend. We visited Key West in Florida, then Belize and finally Costa Maya, Mexico. It felt weird (and above all, depressing) to come home to 25 degree (Fahrenheit) temps. But I felt better when I started my GT Sport session. It's back to the grind at work tomorrow :(

As for the car, it took around 20 laps just to beat my old time. I feel like it's more of a modern Mini than the Mini Cooper. In fact, I'd love it if PD took the Cooper S and removed the forced induction so I could compare it with the Copen.
 
OLD - 1:04.572 - De Tomaso Pantera
NEW - 1:04.038

I spent 30 minutes on this car only to be stuck with a 1:04.0 and if I kept going, I would need to be put in a padded cell. Maybe some other time I'll manage an alien-like 1:03 but for now it's about 2 tenths quicker than Alpine A110 '17.
 
OLD - 1:03.852 - Mazda RX500
NEW - 1:03.328

It's 3 tenths faster than Alfa Romeo 4C, and although I haven't tested Ferrari 512 BB yet, it looks like they might be very close.

OLD - 1:06.249 - Ford Mustang Mach 1
NEW - 1:05.647

How does it compare with the other muscle cars?

1:05.160 - Shelby G.T.350
1:05.486 - Chevrolet Corvette C2
1:05.647 - Ford Mustang Mach 1
1:05.759 - Chevrolet Corvette C3
1:05.779 - Dodge Challenger R/T

Shelby has a slight advantage, but the rest are nearly identical.
 
Tbh, I wouldn't care to go under the seconf I lapped into after over 20 laps. But your persistence makes you faster, so it is good for us who seek the limits of the cars in order to compare them. Congrats on your hotlapping results! :cheers:
 
OLD - 1:09.503 - Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster
NEW - 1:09.098

I put 15 laps into this car and my best time was on lap 6. It feels weird to only use gears 1 and 2 around the entire track. Also it's 2 tenths behind Alpine A110 '72.

That wraps up all N300 class cars.
 
OLD - 1:08.283 - Peugeot 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport
NEW - 1:07.867

If I can beat my old times in the Golf GTI and Clio R.S. by at least 1 tenth of a second, which I assume I will be able to, they will be faster than this Peugeot.
 
I really feel for you having to redo all those times over again but on the other hand its gotta be fun trying to.
 
Back