Tsukuba lap times for 136 N-class cars - 1 remaining

Tested:

1:16.619 - Honda Beat

Since this car is new and I haven't driven it before, I can't tell how much the tire model has improved. However, I thoroughly enjoyed driving this car. I'll compare it with the S660 tomorrow. And I most likely will re-test all the cars, but much more slowly. Something like five per week, maximum.

Starting with this Honda Beat, when I share replays to the server, I will be using the tag 'midfieldmaven' so anyone can search my GTP name and find my replays.

Last edited:
I propose you retest LaFerrari, which is much better to anyones opinion with the new tyre-physics model. According to your comment on this you will have a much better time and maybe laptime. ;)

Tested:

1:16.619 - Honda Beat

Since this car is new and I haven't driven it before, I can't tell how much the tire model has improved. However, I thoroughly enjoyed driving this car. I'll compare it with the S660 tomorrow. And I most likely will re-test all the cars, but much more slowly. Something like five per week, maximum.

Starting with this Honda Beat, when I share replays to the server, I will be using the tag 'midfieldmaven' so anyone can search my GTP name and find my replays.

dude, beat is very fun! and it have 9000 rev:cheers:

Tested:

1:15.995 - Honda S660

It took me 45 minutes, or 35 laps, to achieve this time. It's only 6 tenths quicker than the old Beat. Not good enough to be in the Top 10 of the Daily Race A, but I watched a few of those replays. Seems like they're using the H-pattern shifter because the shifts are lightning fast, unless there's a way to shift quicker with the paddles? And they're utilizing all of the run-off at the end of the final corner, allowing 2-3 mph higher speed at the apex. Because of my slower shifting, I remained in 3rd gear where the Top 10 guys dropped down to 2nd for the two tight hairpins.

Last edited:
Tested:

1:17.516 - Daihatsu Copen

That rounds out all the N-category cars from the v1.23 update. Here's how they compare:

1:15.995 - Honda S660 '15 - 63 hp @ 7000 rpm / 77.2 ft-lbs @ 2500 rpm / 1830 lbs / 658 cc / MR
1:16.619 - Honda Beat '91 - 63 hp @ 8000 rpm / 44.0 ft-lbs @ 7000 rpm / 1675 lbs / 656 cc / MR
1:17.516 - Daihatsu Copen '02 - 62 hp @ 6400 rpm / 81.1 ft-lbs @ 3000 rpm / 1830 lbs / 659 cc / FF

So the S660 and Copen weigh the same and produce about the same torque, but the Honda has the handling advantage of being MR as opposed to FF. Thus, it's 1.5 seconds quicker around the track.

The Beat slots in between the two, with a much more high-strung motor, making about half the torque of the Copen at more than double the rpm's. The ace up its sleeve is the ability to charge into corners faster, being that it's about 150 lbs lighter than the S660 and Copen.

My favorite of the trio has to be the Beat.

Last post of the day. Don't want to make the mods angry :nervous:

When I originally tested the Mazda Roadster S (ND) '15 it had a best time of 1:12.379

I just destroyed that time by 1.8 seconds. I can really feel the difference in how it handles. Oversteer was an issue the first time around. It's much less prevalent now. Going flat-out around corners I previously had to tiptoe around (Dunlop corner) is a treat.

@MidFieldMaven was anticipating changes. I am making a poor 1.23 and post 1.23 comparison spreadsheet. A real shame that all your previous lap times have become obsolete.
Knowing that all cars need to be retested, will the Suzuka tests also be redone?
Good luck (re-) testing all the cars

@MidFieldMaven was anticipating changes. I am making a poor 1.23 and post 1.23 comparison spreadsheet. A real shame that all your previous lap times have become obsolete.
Knowing that all cars need to be retested, will the Suzuka tests also be redone?
Good luck (re-) testing all the cars

Suzuka will have to wait until Tsukuba is done. It could be a while from now, and who knows, PD might give us another real-world track by then, like Laguna Seca.

the S660 in the Weekly Race A is most likely using a custom race transmission with gear ratios closely mirroring the stock one I believe, but i'll have to check up on that later. Great to see a comparison between the three kei cars so soon though, and best of luck when it comes to re-testing all the cars, should be interesting to see if some become faster or slower because of it!

I am keeping the old times in a spreadsheet. I will delete them from this thread as I re-test, and will show the time differences later on.

Tested:

1:08.633 - Toyota 86 GT

1.2 seconds faster than the previous best lap time. Only a few tenths faster than the fastest N100 car (Alpine A110)

I am only able to test today because I have an appointment with the dentist this afternoon. I have to get one of my molars extracted and I am :nervous::scared: so I am relaxing my mind with a few time trials :sly:

Meh, getting teeth extracted is not that bad. Got my 4 wisdom teeth removed because they were completely sideways and about to push the others in front of them. A local anesthesis and 45 minutes later and it was good for me. Just get some cold on your cheek after the operation for a while and follow the prescriptions and it will barely ache.

Also, seems like you're enjoying that tyre model :D

Meh, getting teeth extracted is not that bad. Got my 4 wisdom teeth removed because they were completely sideways and about to push the others in front of them. A local anesthesis and 45 minutes later and it was good for me. Just get some cold on your cheek after the operation for a while and follow the prescriptions and it will barely ache.

Also, seems like you're enjoying that tyre model :D

Thanks man. I'm loving the new handling! So far, every car is faster than before. I wonder if I will find a slower car along the way. Doubtful! I remember when I got my wisdom teeth out as a teenager. Two were impacted. I was in excruciating pain for about 2 or 3 days. This time shouldn't be so bad as it's only one tooth, and they're putting in a bone graft so it won't be an empty socket. I'll be under nitrous oxide, so that should be fun!

Tested:

1:07.902 - BMW M3 Sport Evolution

A full second quicker than before. So far, it's the most oversteer-prone car I've tested with the new handling. Tonight, I might test one or two more depending on how I'm feeling.

Thanks, @Rotorist 👍 I've been out of surgery now for 18 hours. They prescribed me Naproxen (and Oxycodone which I'm hesitant to take) and it really helps. I took today off from work again since they gave me a doctor's note anyway, and I have a couple of sick days on the books. Sooooo I will be testing some cars today :D

After 31 miles in the Toyota MR2, I managed a best lap of 1:06.373 which is more than 1.3 seconds faster than before. This car is a BLAST to drive now. I feel much more connected to the car, and it's not as unpredictable as it used to be.

Spent around 20 laps in the Toyota 2000GT and obliterated my old time by 2.1 seconds :eek: The new record is 1:10.296 which is a full second quicker than the Toyota S-FR.

And lastly, the Toyota Supra RZ has gained 1.6 seconds over its previous time, for a best lap of 1:05.237 or 1.1 seconds faster than the MR2.

Last edited:
Tested:

1:04.859 - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)

1.3 seconds faster than before. It's about 4 tenths of a second quicker than the Supra.

Side note: I try searching for the tag 'midfieldmaven' and none of my replay videos are showing. I'm not sure why this is happening.

The story so far...

28884229887_85c7b1174e_b.jpg

After a grueling 60 miles, the best I could do with the LaFerrari is 58.830 seconds. At least I can make a clean lap with the new tire model, whereas I previously couldn't string together a single decent lap. It's 2 seconds quicker than the Nissan GT-R Nismo.

I'm now very curious what the Bugatti Veyron is capable of. Who will be the King of Tsukuba? We'll see tomorrow morning.

After 42 miles worth of laps around Tsukuba, I have come to a satisfying lap time 1.5 seconds faster than the car was previously capable of.

0:58.441 - Bugatti Veyron 16.4

This is about 4 seconds quicker than the LaFerrari. It is much easier to drive than that nearly-1000hp mid-engined monster, too.

After 42 miles worth of laps around Tsukuba, I have come to a satisfying lap time 1.5 seconds faster than the car was previously capable of.

0:58.441 - Bugatti Veyron 16.4

This is about 4 seconds quicker than the LaFerrari. It is much easier to drive than that nearly-1000hp mid-engined monster, too.
Maybe 0.4 secs faster? And well done!

Tested:

1:04.081 - Nissan R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nur
1:04.659 - Subaru WRX STI Type S

Both are more than a second faster than last time. You guys know I hate leaving a time of x:xx.0xx especially with a car as iconic and popular as the R34 GT-R but I just can't do 1:03 :(

Any recommendations for tomorrow? Saturday was my last day at my job and I start a new one on Wednesday so I have a little more time to cram some cars in! I'm aiming for 5 cars tomorrow. I want the KTM X-Bow to be one of them.

Last edited:
Back