Tsukuba Time Attack League & Hall of Fame

• Thread starter spd
  • 171 comments
Drove GT-One and as You said easly got 49sec.
Class R:
0'49"800 MrGreen Toyota GT-ONE (Race Car)
Those laptimes gonna be upgraded in next weeks. I want to go faster than Mick777's McLaren and improve GT-ONE and R8 laptimes and other cars :)
I've learned one thing. When I get a laptime with any car, I know that Mick777 would go at least one second faster so from this point hard work begins.

Last edited:
I'll do my best. Hmmm, I'm thinking about barrow any recorder to upload those laptimes on Youtube. So there's an evidence of my hard work :)

Would be great to see your replays in good quality. I've ordered a cheap EasyCap video grabber device to record PS2 gameplay, will let you know how it works in a few days.

Ok, got it today, had much trouble with configuring drivers and capturing sound but finally did it. Quality isn't too good as well, PS2 provides 720x576 resolution and YouTube downsacales it to 640x480 and adds compression.

Anyway, here we go! All my saved replays (lost my old memory card):

1. 0'50"319 in Toyota GT-ONE (Race Car)

2. 0'59"983 in Caterham Super 7 Superlight R500

3. 1'06"518 in Chevrolet Corvette Z51 (C5)

4. 1'07"530 in BMW Z4 3.0i

5. 1'15"579 in Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio Verde

6. 1'15"884 in Lotus Elan S.3

7. A bonus, my way of attacking one of the hardest corners on Dragon Range downhill:

Nice Videos and laps. I'm considering buying Video grabber. Does it work with Windows XP?

Edit: Ok I purchased EasyCap. Those videos convinced me

Last edited:
Cool, hope you will setup it successfully too! Can't wait to see your secret racing lines.

Here's my best attempt at capturing 16:9 widescreen video (GT3):

Last edited:
I've got device in my hands and I've got a problem. There's broken CD-ROM in my laptop and it can't read CD. I've copied drivers on my kingston and installed those, but still when I pluged in DVR Video my computer doesn't see it. I don't have any idea for it. I'll try tomorrow.

Last edited:
So far I can't record video with sound from this EasyCap. I'm giving up. I don't have any Idea what to do. I did everything that's possible and nothing. All I've got is soundless samples:

Updated film

Last edited:
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
I found adequate program to capture my laps! Ahh what a relief
Also upgraded few laptimes:
Class B:
1'05"414 MrGreen Chevrolet Corvette Z51 (C5) (my plan is to beat Mick777's Cobra with Corvette)

1'05"831 MrGreen Shelby Cobra 427 S/C:

And I uploaded most of best laps:
Nissan Skyline GT-R BNR32:

Fiat 500F:

Lotus Elise 111S with sound this time!

Stingray Corvette C3:

Last edited:
Great news! What software did work for you? Updated your times and replays, many of your lines are different than mine, gotta try them out some time.

Pinnacle Studio 12 works for now. It's a trial version and I still've got problems with recording longer video, so it's a device problem I suppose. Luckily I could capture most of my Tsukuba hot laps.

Little wobbly but nice laps, especially with VW! :). I know that it's because the controller. When I was steeringwheelless, I've tried Enthusia with Pad and I know that I wouldn't get back to this type of driving. There's not enough sensitivity.
And with Corvette I think that whit faster braking on that corner just before the longest straight You could get better time: under 1'06 Keep trying!

I think it's partly due to the controller but most of it is just my driving style. Surprisingly the third sector in that lap was one of my best and I did 50+ laps in the Corvette yesterday. I tried your early apex lines but it just doesn't work for me somehow.

Upgraded one laptime:
Class R:
0'49"613 MrGreen Toyota GT-ONE (Race Car)
I won't show video for now cause I want to cut next 0,1sec. in next few days

By the way, yeah I know that everyone has it's own line, which he consider the best and which he likes the most. I really don't know which line is the best. I'm just running cars, trying get the fastest lap that's all :) Sometimes I'm the fastest, sometimes I'm not :)

Last edited:
Both cars are fast and I think that I did similar number of laps with them but for me Audi is more joyable car for driving. With Audi You can drift threw corners so it's a little bit more fun to drive.

Last edited:
Ok that's real near my best performance. There's maybe room for 0,1sec. to cut but this is really good lap for me:
Class R:
0'49"434 MrGreen Audi R8 Team GOH 2004 (Race Car)

I can't upload video cause my laptop broke down and I'm working on 11year old laptop with Win98SE. I'll upload vid when I can.

Big improvement! With a controller Viper is quite hard to control and surely not that fun to drive, you feel its heaviness and excess of power.

Back